• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you guys are so wound up about the Dumervil thing, we weren't even in the conversation. He's obviously looking for a major contract and we don't have the space to get him, certainly not going to risk losing some of out core players to sign him. Lets keep going with the Balke model.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know why you guys are so wound up about the Dumervil thing, we weren't even in the conversation. He's obviously looking for a major contract and we don't have the space to get him, certainly not going to risk losing some of out core players to sign him. Lets keep going with the Balke model.

yep, we HAVE to keep next off season in mind, Baalke has to deal with Anthony Davis, Iupati, and Crabtree. granted Crabtree will likely ask too much anyway.

we can tag one of these guys - likely Iupati - but thats not what we want?

then consider extending Kap which by himself is HUGE, and Aldon? Kap MIGHT be one of the highest paid players in the entire NFL?

hopefully, there'll be trading partners into 2014, we could use some 'draft leverage' next season.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

even if we had the cap space and could sign him to the money he's looking for we still don't have a starting spot for him. the guy wants to play and earn 1 more big contract in his career. it just isn't going to work for us. we're better off with an older guy who is just looking to win and will accept a situational role... maybe abraham or freeney or osi???

i think abraham should be #1 on our list because he was cut and won't affect our comp picks

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter Ravens are giving former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So Michael Bennett has a torn rotator cuff.... Really confused? Schefter said that is why hawks only gave him a year. Why would you sign a guy you knew had a major injury?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remembered Abraham was cut, so he wouldn't affect our comp picks.

Exactly. Same could have been said for Elvis. I'm sick to my stomach seeing what his cap number is with the Ravens this season. Good god I'm gonna be ill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is counting $2.5 M against the cap this year. Fuck me, Ozzie just clowned every GM in the league. Now they have the best pass rushing tandem no contest.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Exactly. Same could have been said for Elvis. I'm sick to my stomach seeing what his cap number is with the Ravens this season. Good god I'm gonna be ill.

:drink:

HarBowl 2 next February. Wonder if they'll still have the ref's on their side.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is counting $2.5 M against the cap this year. Fuck me, Ozzie just clowned every GM in the league. Now they have the best pass rushing tandem no contest.

This! I hope to hear at some point that we were at least interested - ugh!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! I hope to hear at some point that we were at least interested - ugh!

They still have Courtney Upshaw too. I wonder if this is a sign that they are not pleased with his play, his pass rushing, or if they just wanted to add another pass rusher to what they already have.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have Courtney Upshaw too. I wonder if this is a sign that they are not pleased with his play, his pass rushing, or if they just wanted to add another pass rusher to what they already have.

He is definitely an upgrade over Upshaw, but he is also a position (mis)fit in Baltimore's scheme and alignment, or so it seems to me. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how/where they play him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is Elvis D man. When he played 34OLB he led the league in sacks. You get him and play him over Upshaw. No brainer.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Elvis D man. When he played 34OLB he led the league in sacks. You get him and play him over Upshaw. No brainer.

I thought the same Ray, but where are you putting Suggs? Inside?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting them both outside since they are talking about playing Ngata at NT now.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting them both outside since they are talking about playing Ngata at NT now.

I'm trackin', but then what are you going to do with Paul Kru...Oh shit! Nevermind!! LOL!!! I forgot PK was now a Brown - :suds: Carry-on

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trackin', but then what are you going to do with Paul Kru...Oh shit! Nevermind!! LOL!!! I forgot PK was now a Brown - :suds: Carry-on

Yep. Ozzie lucked into a cheaper upgrade. I'm livid.