• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
QBs like Dalton are the kiss of death. It's better to have a terrible QB than a mediocre one who's just good enough to keep his job.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: Rams signed former Titans WR Kenny Britt to a one-year, $1.4M deal, including $550K, per source. Max value of deal is $2.9M.

I don't know if this is a gret move or just another mediocre move for the Rams.the potential is definitely there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not too worried about the Rams. Arizona's the team that could surprise everyone.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not too worried about the Rams. Arizona's the team that could surprise everyone.

To what extent can a 10-6 team really surprise, though? They barely missed the playoffs last year and beat the eventual super bowl champs in their yard.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
To what extent can a 10-6 team really surprise, though? They barely missed the playoffs last year and beat the eventual super bowl champs in their yard.

That's a good point. It wouldn't really be a surprise would it?

I think 'Zona's an offensive tackle or 2 away from having a really dangerous team. It's still Seattle's division to lose though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think AZ's defense could see a drop-off this year. Mathieu is returning from a pretty serious injury - if he's ready for the start of the season. And Dansby is a great fit for their D. Abraham is a year older, and Dockett is getting up there in age (was going to say Campbell is too, but he's only 27). As a receiver, I think Andre Roberts is probably better than Ginn. Though they did add Veldheer, who addresses one of the OT spots. They'll be dangerous, but I still prefer our overall team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I forgot about Veldheer. They could still probably use one more OL, and this draft class is loaded with 'em.

I thought Antonio Cromartie was a great signing.

The one guy I don't want to see 'em draft is Trent Murphy. Murphy's gonne be really good right away IMO. He's about as NFL-ready as they come IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts about Champ?

While i'd agree that the lack of "experience" in our CB depth worries me a bit... not sure if its overrated but i wouldn't want to see NO experience over 5 yrs back there....

Not sure if Champ still has it or any left, I know he'll get beat by the burners but he offers experience and could mentor a young CB or two to groom.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While i'd agree that the lack of "experience" in our CB depth worries me a bit... not sure if its overrated but i wouldn't want to see NO experience over 5 yrs back there....

Not sure if Champ still has it or any left, I know he'll get beat by the burners but he offers experience and could mentor a young CB or two to groom.

As much as this pains me to say but I would pass on Champ at this point in his career.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Champ will go down with the all time greats but I don't want him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised by the reaction.... his game to his standards has fallen off... due to longevity....

that no experience back there.... i would hate to see it show its head late in tight games...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not surprised by the reaction.... his game to his standards has fallen off... due to longevity....

that no experience back there.... i would hate to see it show its head late in tight games...

It's not so bad as all that. Bethea is very experienced. Reid is young, but more experienced than he was last year. Brock hasn't been starting for all that long, but he's entering his fifth year in the league and has 10 starts including in the NFCC game. He's hardly a rookie. And Culliver has two full years of fairly considerable playing time. They aren't all green rookies back there.

In 2012, the Hawks were starting third-year FS Earl Thomas, third-year SS Kam Chancellor, second-year CB Richard Sherman, effectively third-year CB Brandon Browner. That was one of the best secondaries in the league.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt agrees with Rams on incentive-laden one-year, $1.4M deal could be just what they needed