• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFL Jamaal Charles agrees to extension - ESPN

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles will report to training camp after reaching agreement with the team on a two-year contract extension, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Charles was absent from camp at Missouri Western State University at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, when players were required to report. But the sides reached an agreement shortly afterward and Charles was en route to camp from his home in Kansas City.

His previous contract, signed in 2010, had two years remaining. The new deal, which runs through 2017, will pay Charles $18.1 million for the additional two years. He will make an extra $5.1 million over the next two seasons, including a $4.4 million raise this year, according to sources. He was scheduled to make $3.9 million this year, including a base salary of $2.65 million.

Charles, 27, has been one of the NFL's top running backs for several seasons and had perhaps his best all-around season in 2013. He provided a league-high 35.3 percent of the team's yards from scrimmage, leading the Chiefs in rushing and receiving. He also led the league with 19 total touchdowns.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NFL Jamaal Charles agrees to extension - ESPN

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles will report to training camp after reaching agreement with the team on a two-year contract extension, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Charles was absent from camp at Missouri Western State University at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, when players were required to report. But the sides reached an agreement shortly afterward and Charles was en route to camp from his home in Kansas City.

His previous contract, signed in 2010, had two years remaining. The new deal, which runs through 2017, will pay Charles $18.1 million for the additional two years. He will make an extra $5.1 million over the next two seasons, including a $4.4 million raise this year, according to sources. He was scheduled to make $3.9 million this year, including a base salary of $2.65 million.

Charles, 27, has been one of the NFL's top running backs for several seasons and had perhaps his best all-around season in 2013. He provided a league-high 35.3 percent of the team's yards from scrimmage, leading the Chiefs in rushing and receiving. He also led the league with 19 total touchdowns.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much does Nicks warrant to signed as a replacement at Guard? If affordable may be a good starter at either Guard spot! Go 49ers!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alfonso Smith - RB - 49ers

49ers signed RB Alfonso Smith.

With Kendall Hunter (torn ACL) and LaMichael James (dislocated elbow) going down over the weekend, the 49ers needed some depth at running back. Smith, 27, has 48 career carries for 156 yards (3.2 YPC) and two touchdowns across 43 games for the Cardinals. He faces long odds at making the roster.
Source: Alfonso Smith on Twitter

Jul 28 - 9:27 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Peterson just stumbled into a whole load of undeserved cash... Should keep the Cardinals grounded another few years

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Patrick Peterson just stumbled into a whole load of undeserved cash... Should keep the Cardinals grounded another few years

You really are clueless about football aren't you? That's not a bad thing; not everyone is knowledgeable about everything. I don't know the first thing about soccer.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are clueless about football aren't you? That's not a bad thing; not everyone is knowledgeable about everything. I don't know the first thing about soccer.

I consider myself knowledgeable on all things football but I do believe Peterson to be overrated and not deserving of the contract he just signed. I do recognize he is a gifted CB and really good at his position but I don't think he is great let alone HOF caliber by any stretch of the imagination. Also IMO his best attributes are on STs and he won't return punts this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I consider myself knowledgeable on all things football but I do believe Peterson to be overrated and not deserving of the contract he just signed. I do recognize he is a gifted CB and really good at his position but I don't think he is great let alone HOF caliber by any stretch of the imagination. Also IMO his best attributes are on STs and he won't return punts this year.

Peterson is at worst the 2nd-best CB in the NFL right now, and he's still getting better. All 32 teams in the NFL would have done the exact same thing if they had Peterson.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is at worst the 2nd-best CB in the NFL right now, and he's still getting better. All 32 teams in the NFL would have done the exact same thing if they had Peterson.

IMO he is 5th. Sherman, Haden, Talib, Revis and I do understand why he got the money he got but he shouldn't have got more then Sherman since Sherman is a better player. Hell he is going to get more then Haden in all likely hood who I think is better as well.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Double Post-

EDIT: Let's empathize that crabtree owns him too

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1