• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franklin?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how do you miss bad when the kid won back to back state championships in the state of Texas, is the all time leading passer in Texas high school football history and almost beats Bama in the BCS title game? Even after the 2010 season it was tough to evaluate GG simply b/c the entire team was bad. Fact of the matter is, Aggy got extremely lucky with Manziel, b/c nobody wanted him and Briles was the only coach out there who saw RGIII as a starting QB. Mack has actually had a good track record recruiting QB's: Vince Young, and Colt McCoy for instance......

The kid didn't pan out, but UT put all their eggs in his basket. Set them back 4 years...still reeling from it actually.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on Franklin. As Maryland OC, had offenses that ranked between 60 and 107 in his 3 years there. 16 of the 38 games he was OC, they scored 17 or fewer points (42% of the games), including 5 in single digits (13% of the games).

In 2 seasons at Vandy, he is 1-8 vs ranked teams, has a 3-17 record against AQ teams that ended the season with a winning record, has a 1-13 record against AQ teams that ended the season with less than 6 losses, and lost to aggy and mizzou by a combined 55 points this year.

This right here. Franklin's teams at Vandy have beaten NOBODY. Yes, I know it's Vandy, but I want to see some upsets on some ranked teams, not wins against shitty teams before a program like Texas gives him a shot. Not to mention, the SEC Easy Division has been average at most the last 2-3 years and he didn't make a splash. Same thing happened with Turner Gill at Buffalo. Gill was supposed to be the next greatest thing in coaching when he won 8 games at Buffalo. People forgot he beat nobody worth mentioning in a shitty conference. KU hires him and he only lasts 2 years. I'm not sold on Franklin to just give him the reigns at our program. We need to bring in a proven winner and somebody who has won championships. I don't give a shit about age. If Saban can come in at the age of 70 and win 3 NC's in 5 years and then retires and we have to find another coach that soon, so be it. The time of waiting to build a winner and win NC's is over. It's all about winning right fucking now, not 3 years from now. Fuck that......

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here. Franklin's teams at Vandy have beaten NOBODY. Yes, I know it's Vandy, but I want to see some upsets on some ranked teams, not wins against shitty teams before a program like Texas gives him a shot. Not to mention, the SEC Easy Division has been average at most the last 2-3 years and he didn't make a splash. Same thing happened with Turner Gill at Buffalo. Gill was supposed to be the next greatest thing in coaching when he won 8 games at Buffalo. People forgot he beat nobody worth mentioning in a shitty conference. KU hires him and he only lasts 2 years. I'm not sold on Franklin to just give him the reigns at our program. We need to bring in a proven winner and somebody who has won championships. I don't give a shit about age. If Saban can come in at the age of 70 and win 3 NC's in 5 years and then retires and we have to find another coach that soon, so be it. The time of waiting to build a winner and win NC's is over. It's all about winning right fucking now, not 3 years from now. Fuck that......

Meh, he has had the same record at Vandy that Mack has had at Texas for the past 2 seasons...in a more difficult conference, regardless of division.

I'd say he has earned his shot at a big name job. I really have no dog in the fight, but it seems that a lot of UT fans think that their coaching job is so profoundly great that good coaches already at other big name programs are going to be willing to drop what they are doing and interview for the UT job. Over and over so far, it seems that is not the case. Certainly very early and UT could money whip someone.