• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For all the Mayhew Haters/ Mayhew Slappies

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just coming here to post this!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. mayhew huh. how long until this thread turns into "eric ebron sucks for not making probowl his rookie year" threads since mayhew drafted him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"eric ebron sucks for not making probowl his rookie year"

The Pro Bowl? Only way Ebron makes it to the Pro Bowl is if he buys a ticket and watches it from the stands. Hell -- there will be guys at the Pro Bowl who had single games that have eclipsed Ebron's stats for the entire season -- well, except for dropped passes. But as was pointed out -- Just because he drops passes in college, doesn't mean he will drop passes in the NFL.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to write something similar to this article a month ago.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two points I would like to make about the article.

(1) I believe his praise of the OL is overstated.
(2) No mention of this year's draft.

Mayhew isn't the worst GM in the world. He does many things right, and if he were fired, there is no guarantee the Lions wouldn't hire someone worse. So keeping that in mind, I'll get off his ass.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two points I would like to make about the article.

(1) I believe his praise of the OL is overstated.
(2) No mention of this year's draft.

Mayhew isn't the worst GM in the world. He does many things right, and if he were fired, there is no guarantee the Lions wouldn't hire someone worse. So keeping that in mind, I'll get off his ass.

I'd speculate that the author probably wants to wait a bit before drawing any conclusions on this years class. Early returns certainly aren't promising, though. Ebron has been injured and/or ineffective pretty much all season. Van Noy has been hurt till the last couple games. Our 3rd and 4th round picks were drafted to be projects. Swanson has stepped in and played well, Lawson did too, before getting injured. Larry Webster is a pure project. Reid looks to be a solid pick in the 5th. T.J. Jones has been stashed for the year. Freese didn't work out, but he was a 7th rounder- they usually don't make the cut on good teams.

I think, with all the injuries/projects with this draft class we won't have an idea of what they each can do until after next season, especially with Webster, Van Noy, Jones, and Lawson. We should have a much better idea on Ebron, too- rookie TEs tend to struggle, so we'll need to see if he makes a big leap forward next season...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Mayhew, but he definitely deserves props for knowing when to move on from a player. He let Delmas walk this offseason, and while he had some success early on in the season, he's on IR with a blown-out knee. Same situation with Willie Young. He was having a decent season too, but then he popped his achilles and now he'll never be the same explosive edge rusher.

Mayhew obviously has a knack for milking a player's best years before putting them out to pasture...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Mayhew, but he definitely deserves props for knowing when to move on from a player. He let Delmas walk this offseason, and while he had some success early on in the season, he's on IR with a blown-out knee. Same situation with Willie Young. He was having a decent season too, but then he popped his achilles and now he'll never be the same explosive edge rusher.

Mayhew obviously has a knack for milking a player's best years before putting them out to pasture...

images

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahahahahahahahahahaha. Very smart GM.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I'm not allowed to comment when/if I think our GM has a 6th sense on upcoming injuries now?

Goddamn this little band of self-appointed board police sure are sensitive about protecting their butt-brothers...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not allowed to comment when/if I think our GM has a 6th sense on upcoming injuries now?

Goddamn this little band of self-appointed board police sure are sensitive about protecting their butt-brothers...

Did you really just say that? Sure you can .....Some how you think Mayhew knew Delmas would get injured as a Dolphin, or Willie Young would get injured as a Bear?

Dude you are trolling your own board....Figure it out.:doh:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given your right-leaning bias, I suppose you would be prone to jumping to conclusions. Conspiracies always seem to have too much appeal for you types to resist...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to deflect, I'll show you how it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to deflect, I'll show you how it's done.

Well I wanted to respond to this with a clip of Darius Slay swatting away Clausen's 4th and goal attempt this afternoon, but I can't find a fucking video of it. But at least know you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wanted to respond to this with a clip of Darius Slay swatting away Clausen's 4th and goal attempt this afternoon, but I can't find a fucking video of it. But at least know you know.
I would like that, because at the time it happened, I posted what a nice play Slay had, then after replay I realized it was an illegal offensive lineman down field Clausen was actually throwing too.....

Shouldn't be hard to stop that.:yahoo:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like that, because at the time it happened, I posted what a nice play Slay had, then after replay I realized it was an illegal offensive lineman down field Clausen was actually throwing too.....

Shouldn't be hard to stop that.:yahoo:

Offensive lineman, yes, but he was in the slot as an extra blocker, or so we thought. He reported eligible, though, so it would have been a legal catch. The Bears have ran that play more than once this season, I listened to Trestman talk about it on the radio post game...