• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1, The Los Angeles Rams @ The Detroit Lions, Ford Field, Detroit, MI, Sunday, 09/08/2024, 5:20PM, PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of. Avila may have a Grade 3 MCL and may be out up to six weeks if that is the case. Time for Logan Bruss to be trotted-out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't see Whittingham or Corum yesterday and in fact Rivers went before Corum. We also didn't see Speights or Neal on Defense. Once again look to the HC for answers.

Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh his dump
And why hold Corum and Whit from pre season play if you aren't going to start them? I expected them to play a lot more yesterday. I don't think Corum got one play from scrimmage. WHY? what is wrong with McVay? I don't get his pre season play policy. I truly believe he is responsible for so many injuries.
And to go with a heavy passing game plan with the new Lions back field is just plain stupid. Run the ball you got two good backs. Is Corum hurt or something?
oh his stupid ass is responsible... play the damn rookies during preseason, that's what it is for so they can get the reps! Meaningless game?? Not for a rookie... I'd rather them fuck up in preseason than screw up the snaps they are given due to inexperience? Again Common sense aint common. Rivers is useless, play him during preseason... Corum needs reps give it to him during preseason. Whit should have played preseason games; these guys need reps to build that callous so they can be readily prepared to go out and ball. It's completely counter intuitive to have a guy sit on the sidelines and watch, when he could be playing especially if they aren't going to start right away. Where was the oh so good udFA MLB that didn't play the last game because he was so good? So many stupid decisions by these 2 shitbirds.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcdipshit loves his boys, look at the quote from this jack ass

"Defensive coordinator Chris Shula mentioned Reeder’s consistency and intelligence on the field Wednesday, mentioning that he had a strong performance in camp.

“Yeah, he’s just a consistent guy. No matter what, consistent demeanor, rarely makes a mistake, very smart and above the neck,” Shula said. “It’s like having a coach on the field so always enjoyed working with him and am excited to continue to do that.

“He had a good camp. He played fast. He plays hard and kind of the same as he has always been.”

Someone tell this dope to please leave the cali weed alone."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say the same thing Jermaine!! What damn good shit weed are you smokin to make those ridiculous statements about a total pile of dogshit ILB??!! These coaches are delusional!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McVay: Puka Nacua re-aggravated knee injury from preseason, will go on Injured Reserve; Steve Avila an IR candidate with MCL sprain​

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is when having a meddling owner would do wonders, I don't think Jerry Jones would have made such a stupid decision.
Well, he makes plenty of other stupid decisions, but at least he is involved, and more importantly, he cares.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the "highlights" of the game, Reeder was out of place alot of the times he was on the field, nowhere near the runner, and often blocked easily out of the way because of it. Rozeboom was also often out of place. Reeder still can't tackle and Rozeboom is similar in that regard. Both of them are basically STs players.

Our young D-line has some learning to do. Young, Fiske, and Verse were often easily manhandled by the Lions O-line as was Bobby Brown III especially in the Overtime segment of the game. We definitely miss AD.

Arcuri just got schooled the entire time he was in there. He was literally tackling Hutchinson on many occasions. He did it twice in-a-row when we are on the one-yard line. Limmer on the contrary played like he has been in the league a couple of years. We are going to miss Avila.

WE still could have won that game if McShitferBrains would have kicked that FG on the Fourth and 4 and taken the points rather than trying to demonstrate his stupid willingness to risk things at the wrong time of the game. That game would have never gone to overtime if some of our O-lineman were better at there jobs.

Essentially we forfeited 10 points with stupid shit on two occasions. McShitferBrains knows better but he is still doing stupid shit after years of being a HC.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season may be over before it really begins.

With all the injuries already ( Nacua out for 4 weeks, Avila for possibly 6, plus others ), combined with the Rams schedule, they may be in a hole they can’t get out of.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense will only get better they only allowed the Lions 3 points in the fourth quarter last night.
When they get healthy and have time to jell they will be fine.
My worry is about the O-Line and protecting Stafford. Puka is out for a while but the Rams are deep at receiver.
The line is where it begins for run plays and passing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Rambunctious. Robinson will move into the 2nd Receiver slot and Whittingham, Johnson and Xavier Smith will move into the 3rd and 4th spots. Losing Nacua for a month and Avila for a month and a half will be tough blows, but the Rams are def deep at WR and to some extent at Guard and Center on the O-line. It's OT is where we are hurting. Alaric Jackson will be back for the San Fran game and McClendon did a decent enough job to have Havenstein not be rushed back at RT. Noteboom is done for awhile as well. We should be O.K. The Rams will bring in some support/back-up for the O-line as well as WR.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShitferBrains needs to play these rookies he deliberately drafted like Whittingham, Blake Corum, Speights, and Neal. That is plain stupid to get people in the draft and FAs and then not play them.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to feel optimistic after watching that game. our four free agent signings performed well (Parkinson, Curl, White other than one play, and Jackson). Rookies K Karty, Verse was killing out there against arguably the best offensive in football, Limmer was pretty good filling in for Avila. Tyler Johnson filled in nicely for Nacua. The defense was pretty good in the second half, besides that one CB White bad play. Kupp and Stafford look revitalized.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to feel optimistic after watching that game. our four free agent signings performed well (Parkinson, Curl, White other than one play, and Jackson). Rookies K Karty, Verse was killing out there against arguably the best offensive in football, Limmer was pretty good filling in for Avila. Tyler Johnson filled in nicely for Nacua. The defense was pretty good in the second half, besides that one CB White bad play. Kupp and Stafford look revitalized.
You're right the D did look good. I watched the game again and they held the "best offense in the NFC" to just 3 points in the fourth quarter. I'm more worried about the offense and feel shorted that we didn't get to see Corum play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why hold Corum and Whit from pre season play if you aren't going to start them? I expected them to play a lot more yesterday. I don't think Corum got one play from scrimmage. WHY? what is wrong with McVay? I don't get his pre season play policy. I truly believe he is responsible for so many injuries.
And to go with a heavy passing game plan with the new Lions back field is just plain stupid. Run the ball you got two good backs. Is Corum hurt or something?

Could very well be that Corum is only getting snaps if Kyren is hurt or needs a blow. Rivers got a few carries and Kupp/Nacua had end arounds in addition to 18 carries for Kyren; were there really more carries to be had? Stafford was controlling the ball pretty well with his quick hitters based on the man/zone reads from Kupp's movement to the tune of 6.5 yards per pass play, even with a turnstile at LT.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rookies have to earn their minutes, not unusual for them to be slowly worked in (although that may have changed for Whit with Puka's IR stint).

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies have to earn their minutes, not unusual for them to be slowly worked in (although that may have changed for Whit with Puka's IR stint).
Not to get Corum into any pre season games makes no sense at all. Why is he hiding the guy? Same kind of weird thing with Bennet last season. The season has begun, someone should tell McVay.