• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers trade Carter and Richards

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well anything is possible, at the right price.

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Signed Bryzgalov too. Kind of interesting. I feel like in a playoff situation having guys like Carter and Richards would be much more valuable than having a high priced goalie like Bryz. Maybe I'm just colored by the Sharks playoff failures not having high character guys, but that's what I think.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a PHI perspective, I like the Carter deal. Voracek + the 8th overall pick. Carter's contract was a bit stupid in length and his NTC was going to kick in next year.

I don't know too much about Schenn, but he better be good cause I think Richards is a real stud. Sharks will have to deal with a Richards/Kopitar combo for years to come. Better shore up that D, Dougie.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone complaining about dwill should look at holmgren first, what horrible trades. One or the otjer but not both. Should've shipped out on of their dmen

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone complaining about dwill should look at holmgren first, what horrible trades. One or the otjer but not both. Should've shipped out on of their dmen

The Carter trade was a stroke of genius as he's an injury prone guy who makes WAY too much money for way too long. They also get a very talented guy in Voracek and the 8th overall pick. Great value there for getting rid of a Salary Cap headache.

The Richards trade was fucking stupid.....and now makes the Kings the favorite to win the division in my opinion. Wayne Simmonds, a 2nd Rounder and a guy who projects out to be Mike Richards as his ceiling in Schenn????? There must be something more to this trade (like a rift in the locker room) as there's no way you trade your foundation player for this???

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Carter trade was a stroke of genius as he's an injury prone guy who makes WAY too much money for way too long. They also get a very talented guy in Voracek and the 8th overall pick. Great value there for getting rid of a Salary Cap headache.

The Richards trade was fucking stupid.....and now makes the Kings the favorite to win the division in my opinion. Wayne Simmonds, a 2nd Rounder and a guy who projects out to be Mike Richards as his ceiling in Schenn????? There must be something more to this trade (like a rift in the locker room) as there's no way you trade your foundation player for this???

I wouldnt call the carter trade genious but I think voracek is quite underrated on a team that had struggled for a while. That's a solid trade for both sides though as carter can seriously finish.

The richards one I totally agree. WTF?! This guys is heart and soul and stud all over the place! The flyboys could really suddently struggle to score, particularly if briere gets hurt again. Not sure what they are doing there...

Schenn could be a super stud though from what I gather. However, I would rather a sure thing captain who almost won a SC last year and was excellent for canada winning a gold medal. Strange moves for sure...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Voracek has done less then Pat Falloon had done so far in his career, so i wouldnt call him underrated or a stroke of genius, a stroke inducing trade but thats about it.

You just dont trade 2 cornerstones of your franchise for peanuts and draft picks, Holmgren must be assuming the JVR is going to have a break out season and the Voracek is going to blossom in philly, i don't see it. Most Euro wingers fail in philly due largely to thier playing style.

Defensemen and goalies to a lesser extent different story. Top it off with that boner signing of Bryzgalov and its just a horrendous start to the season for Filthydelphia.

Filthy is going to be a bottom 2 seed in the playoffs this year that will probably come back to haunt them when they cant score.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was not at all surprised on the Richards deal.
With all of his injuries,-both shoulders,stomach,and wrist at his age and with the physical game he plays,how much longer can he be productive?

Yes I love his game,but by no means is this a bad deal going either way.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voracek has done less then Pat Falloon had done so far in his career, so i wouldnt call him underrated or a stroke of genius, a stroke inducing trade but thats about it.

You just dont trade 2 cornerstones of your franchise for peanuts and draft picks, Holmgren must be assuming the JVR is going to have a break out season and the Voracek is going to blossom in philly, i don't see it. Most Euro wingers fail in philly due largely to thier playing style.

Defensemen and goalies to a lesser extent different story. Top it off with that boner signing of Bryzgalov and its just a horrendous start to the season for Filthydelphia.

Filthy is going to be a bottom 2 seed in the playoffs this year that will probably come back to haunt them when they cant score.

Voracek is 21 and has scored (almost) the same amount of points in his first 3seasons as Carter did in his first 3.

I agree though that you shouldn't trade 2 of the cornerstones of your franchise like that and expect everything to go off without a hitch.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Voracek is all of 21, playing his whole career on a low scoring, defensive, extremely shallow up front team. He was asked to be a top 6 forward at age 19, and aside from nash, has never played with legit talented forwards, not to mention legit talented defense of the caliber philly has. I would not be surprised to see voracek put up 60 points although trading richards will really hurt both the leadership and the talent. It's gunna be a bit tough for philly to score this year, unless schenn, JVR, and voracek really progress.

Of course, an 8th overall pick is nothing to scoff at. Its usally a sure fire NHLer and often a legit top 6 forward or top 4 Dman. looking back fromm 1995-2006, 12 years of picks: 4 top 6 forwards (bouchard, seto, mueller, samsonov), 2 3rd liners (Bell, Pyatt), 1 bottom pair dman (picard), 1 mid pair D (coburn), 1 so-so goalie (Leclaire), 3 misses (I count alexeev as a miss).

However, the #9 pick is arguably even better: Mclaren, Salei, Boynton, Rupp, Lundmark, Krahn, T. Ruutu, Taticek, Phaneuf, Smid, Lee, J. Sheppard, Couture, Josh Bailey. That list includes 1 top pairing D (phaneuf), 3 mid pair D (mclaren, Salie, Boynton), 1 top line forward (couture), 2 top 6 forwards (ruutu, bailey--> likely will be), a few depth guys (smid, lundmark, lee, rupp). a few misses (taticek, krahn).

In other words, the #8 pick is likely good for a midlevel player but would be playing cheap so it saves a couple mil in value.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Voracek is all of 21, playing his whole career on a low scoring, defensive, extremely shallow up front team. He was asked to be a top 6 forward at age 19, and aside from nash, has never played with legit talented forwards, not to mention legit talented defense of the caliber philly has. I would not be surprised to see voracek put up 60 points although trading richards will really hurt both the leadership and the talent. It's gunna be a bit tough for philly to score this year, unless schenn, JVR, and voracek really progress.

Of course, an 8th overall pick is nothing to scoff at. Its usally a sure fire NHLer and often a legit top 6 forward or top 4 Dman. looking back fromm 1995-2006, 12 years of picks: 4 top 6 forwards (bouchard, seto, mueller, samsonov), 2 3rd liners (Bell, Pyatt), 1 bottom pair dman (picard), 1 mid pair D (coburn), 1 so-so goalie (Leclaire), 3 misses (I count alexeev as a miss).

However, the #9 pick is arguably even better: Mclaren, Salei, Boynton, Rupp, Lundmark, Krahn, T. Ruutu, Taticek, Phaneuf, Smid, Lee, J. Sheppard, Couture, Josh Bailey. That list includes 1 top pairing D (phaneuf), 3 mid pair D (mclaren, Salie, Boynton), 1 top line forward (couture), 2 top 6 forwards (ruutu, bailey--> likely will be), a few depth guys (smid, lundmark, lee, rupp). a few misses (taticek, krahn).

In other words, the #8 pick is likely good for a midlevel player but would be playing cheap so it saves a couple mil in value.

And Fat Balloon was surrounded by grade A talent? Come on man Kelly Kisio lol Tim Hunter, Link Gatez, Paul Fenton?

On any good team with depth he is a 3rd line player, a team lacking it no higher then second line. I just think he is one of those teaser type players where you think he is going to break through but never does.

Filthy should be happy if he nets 40 pnts this season

Last edited by a moderator: