• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you guys feel better, I don't think it's just the Flyers who should avoid overpaying goalies. A lot of teams overpay goalies and get very little in return. Good goalies are great, but it's more important to have a good team around them.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Noebels guy on the 3rd line wing?? Does Raffl have a chance to make the team outta camp??? Everything I have read about the guy is encouraging, team point leader last year, only 24, slick offensive skills, what's the likelihood he makes the roster??

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Noebels guy on the 3rd line wing?? Does Raffl have a chance to make the team outta camp??? Everything I have read about the guy is encouraging, team point leader last year, only 24, slick offensive skills, what's the likelihood he makes the roster??

I would give them an outside shot of cracking the 4th & 3rd lines on occasion, but probably not right out of camp.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards don't include Laughton? No way they are going to spend that much on a goalie. I think it has been proven that big money for a goalie is a waste.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Rangers writer has suggested the following extension for Lundqvist:

In summary, sign Lundqvist for eight years with an average AAV of $8.125 per season, broken down by year at 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 7, 6 and 6 million.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let the Rags keep him he hasnt even made the cup yet and his playoff record is.500. It's easy to play goalie when you have 5 players diving in front of shots from every angle. In essence they have had 5 goalies on the ice every shift.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I inflated his cap hit to make sure we could make it work, but I could certainly see him fetching 8mil on the open market. (If he makes it)

That being said, I have learned my lesson. Don't overpay for goalies, especially those playing on defensive minded teams. :L

yup yup. plus hte goalie market is so saturated these days it makes no sense to pay a goalie very much. there's like 3-5 teams that could use an upgrade in net, and there's probably 10-15 that have a good starter with a bright future guy backing up

Noebels was a 4th round pick a couple years ago.. he tore up for a little while last season and then moved to the phantoms where he was ok.

Forwards don't include Laughton? No way they are going to spend that much on a goalie. I think it has been proven that big money for a goalie is a waste.

:agree:

Please let the Rags keep him he hasnt even made the cup yet and his playoff record is.500. It's easy to play goalie when you have 5 players diving in front of shots from every angle. In essence they have had 5 goalies on the ice every shift.

yup. i think he's a good goalie, but i think his numbers are inflated playing with 5 other goalies

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less concerned with cheapening outdoor games by having more of them, and more concerned with hosting them in March. Yeah, it's pretty cold in Chicago, but that's a bit of a risk, don't you think? It was over 70 degrees back in 1992, and the average high on the first is 41 degrees.

I think i even saw a game set for Dodger stadium. They may be wearing water skiis for that one.:laugh3:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they'll use cooling coils or something similar, but I can't imagine the top of that ice to be anything but terrible.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think temperature is a big issue. I think the main issue is humidity & rain. When the Winter Classic happened in Pittsburgh, it was about 51 degrees, but the rain is what caused the problems.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think temperature is a big issue. I think the main issue is humidity & rain. When the Winter Classic happened in Pittsburgh, it was about 51 degrees, but the rain is what caused the problems.

Big difference between 51 and 68. Should be interesting. Probably the one outdoor game I bother to watch. At least they were smart enough to schedule it at night.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I remember during the one in Pittsburgh they said they really weren't concerned with the temperature at all, it was all about the rain. I mean, it's not like hockey arenas are overly frigid. I actually think during one of the games they were concerned it was too cold because the ice would be too hard or some shit.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It's been quiet in the hockey world it seems. No word yet on Mez? Getting ready for CFB season. I'm taking my son to hid first Ohio State football game at the"Shoe", it's going to be against Penn State. Can't wait.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It's been quiet in the hockey world it seems. No word yet on Mez? Getting ready for CFB season. I'm taking my son to hid first Ohio State football game at the"Shoe", it's going to be against Penn State. Can't wait.

Have fun! Hopefully OSU beats the shit out of CMU (Child Molester U).

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun! Hopefully OSU beats the shit out of CMU (Child Molester U).

I have 3 options for my ticket package. My choices are PSU, Wisky, or Iowa. I'd love to see the Badgers in town, but my schedule won't work for that game. Really it comes down to Iowa and PSU. It will be a great time regardless. It will be a great experience for my son. Ain't nothing like a crowd of over 105k in a stadium full of scarlet and gray:):yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.