• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 options for my ticket package. My choices are PSU, Wisky, or Iowa. I'd love to see the Badgers in town, but my schedule won't work for that game. Really it comes down to Iowa and PSU. It will be a great time regardless. It will be a great experience for my son. Ain't nothing like a crowd of over 105k in a stadium full of scarlet and gray:):yahoo:

The rest of us are REALLY thankful for that. :whistle:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd go:

1) Letang
2) McDonagh
3) Carlson
4) Timonen
5) Tyutin
6) Green
7) Girardi
8) Streit
9) Martin
10 L Schenn

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd go:

1) Letang
2) McDonagh
3) Carlson
4) Timonen
5) Tyutin
6) Green
7) Girardi
8) Streit
9) Martin
10 L Schenn

I find funny that we now have two of the top 10 in rankings and people are still questioning our defense compared to other teams in our division.. :lol:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find funny that we now have two of the top 10 in rankings and people are still questioning our defense compared to other teams in our division.. :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking something similar. Talent-wise, the Flyers D is fine compared to the rest of the division. Maybe not Cup caliber, but still good. If they struggle again as a group I'm going to have to point the finger squarely at Lavy. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a healthy year, too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking something similar. Talent-wise, the Flyers D is fine compared to the rest of the division. Maybe not Cup caliber, but still good. If they struggle again as a group I'm going to have to point the finger squarely at Lavy. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a healthy year, too.

I am in total agreement if we have defensive struggles this season something needs to be done about Lavi. I disagree that our D is not cup worthy because barring injury our offense plus our defense plus our goalies just might be good enough to win a cup. I am keeping the faith until i see different. :yahoo:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm good w/ that list of D-men.. seems pretty accurate to me. i'd have timonen higher though, he's definitely top 5 in the division IMO

100% agreement on the flyers defense w/ you guys. it's very good, if not elite, regardless of what people have been saying the past year or two. when you play the way they've been playing, and getting the goaltending they've been getting, you're going to give up a shit ton of goals. every single player on the team, except maybe the goalie, is playing offense first hockey, because that's what lavy wants. i have very little doubt that bryz and the flyers defense would be as highly 'touted' as the rangers defense has been lately if the flyers were coached by torts instead of lavy. they have lots of talent on the blueline.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm neutral on this. I'm a fan of this shit team aka Sixers and a die hard Flyers fan. It just seems awkward for me to see this? Furthermore, it has to be odd for Ed Snider I would think? Have a good day boys!

Harris lives in NY, so he's not even a Philly guy. F both of his teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm neutral on this. I'm a fan of this shit team aka Sixers and a die hard Flyers fan. It just seems awkward for me to see this? Furthermore, it has to be odd for Ed Snider I would think? Have a good day boys!

I was almost positive that if you own a team in one league you had to sell said team to buy another team that plays in another league AKA Magic Johnson had to sell lakers to buy the Dodgers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest thing about hockey so far this season is all the Rags fans counting on winning a cup this year because they have gotten rid of the defensive systemed Torterella in favor of the great offensive mind of Vaignult (SP) and his great power play. Hahahahahahahahaah!! The joke is that i looked up last years stats and the Rags scored more goals than the nucks last year and had a better PP % too.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm good w/ that list of D-men.. seems pretty accurate to me. i'd have timonen higher though, he's definitely top 5 in the division IMO

100% agreement on the flyers defense w/ you guys. it's very good, if not elite, regardless of what people have been saying the past year or two. when you play the way they've been playing, and getting the goaltending they've been getting, you're going to give up a shit ton of goals. every single player on the team, except maybe the goalie, is playing offense first hockey, because that's what lavy wants. i have very little doubt that bryz and the flyers defense would be as highly 'touted' as the rangers defense has been lately if the flyers were coached by torts instead of lavy. they have lots of talent on the blueline.

Yep agreed Awaz the rags played all out defend so that makes their D look better but what confuses me is that the pens D is shit and everyone seems to think guys like letang should win the norris. Aren't dmen supposed to be able to play in their own zone? As much as letang does on O he gives up more on D and usually at the worst of times during the times it counts in the playoffs. All in all this division is more offense than D in its own zone but hopefully the Flyers D will improve in that area this season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting list, a lot of it is debatable of course, but what really sticks out is rating Travis Hamonic as #5, I really don't see any justification for that at all.

I'm with you. Being the best d-man on a team doesn't make you great. He's good, and has the potential to continue his development, but no way he's top 10 (let alone 5th best) in the conference right now. I just don't see it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. Being the best d-man on a team doesn't make you great. He's good, and has the potential to continue his development, but no way he's top 10 (let alone 5th best) in the conference right now. I just don't see it.

Yeah, I don't even know if he's the best dman on his team. As of now Lubomir Visnovsky is more proven and Andrew MacDonald had better numbers last season. By the same logic they're using to say Travis Harmonic is the best dman on the Islanders, you could also say Luke Schenn is the best dman on the Flyers or that Simon Despres is the best dman on the Pens.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I would do it based on last year,

1. Kris Letang (Penguins)
2. Kimmo Timonen (Flyers)
3. Mark Streit (Flyers)
4. Mike Green (Capitals)