• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, Alzner had 1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points, and was a negative 6 in 48 games last season.

Do you think Subban deserved the Norris last year, despite the fact that he was incredibly sheltered from top competition and defensive zone starts? Tough calls, I agree, but a few basic stats don't tell the whole story.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Subban deserved the Norris last year, despite the fact that he was incredibly sheltered from top competition and defensive zone starts? Tough calls, I agree, but a few basic stats don't tell the whole story.

Yes, I do think he deserved to be the Norris winner last year, would love to have seen Tang get it but Subban had a better case. I know stats don't do a dman justice, but objectively, I can't put a guy who scored 1 goal, dished 4 assists, for 5 points, and was a negative 6 in 48 games as a top 20 dman in the division. I think even Travis Harmonic is more deserving of being a top 20 dman in the division, and I don't think Harmonic is at all deserving of being top 20 in the division.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, not saying Alzner & Harmonic can't be top 20 in the division this upcoming year, I just don't see the case for them so far.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, not saying Alzner & Harmonic can't be top 20 in the division this upcoming year, I just don't see the case for them so far.

Unfortunately, I can't prove my point with stats. Watch Alzner when you get a chance after the season starts. His defensive positioning/I.Q. is off the charts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do, I'll give you props if he changes my mind some, which he could no doubt capable of doing. I would just like to see his production level go up, in this day of fantasy sports, stats mean more than ever.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do, I'll give you props if he changes my mind some, which he could no doubt capable of doing. I would just like to see his production level go up, in this day of fantasy sports, stats mean more than ever.

Yeah, it's tough to rate guys you only see a couple of times a year - I could be off base on Alzner, perhaps he just had great games when I was watching. We'll see...

Have a good weekend, Doob!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's tough to rate guys you only see a couple of times a year - I could be off base on Alzner, perhaps he just had great games when I was watching. We'll see...

Have a good weekend, Doob!!

Thanks man, you do the same.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up bitches.
just a pop by to say I'm still alive.Long off season after not making the playoffs.The boys will rebound.

Snider will see another Cup before he goes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up bitches.
just a pop by to say I'm still alive.Long off season after not making the playoffs.The boys will rebound.

Snider will see another Cup before he goes.

Whats up 4th hope your wreaking havoc this summer. I agree snider will have the cup but at the end of this season is when i see it happening.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Mezz yet??

According to the following article, he had not been officially cleared to play as of August 1st. I think we can assume that this is still the case, but I don't know what's taking so long.

We're either going to trade Meszaros or Coburn, or send a few players down to the Phantoms to clear the $2 million while keeping everyone else, then put Pronger on LTIR at the start of the season to clear another $5 million. That equates to a decent amount of cap space to work with either way. Around $3 million if we keep Meszaros and Coburn or $7-7.5 million if we drop one of them.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the inability to edit posts after five minutes. I used to do it all the time.

Here's the link, it's a good read on the whole Meszaros situation:

Putting On The Foil | The Hockey Guys

I can't help but wonder if Meszaros is intentionally dragging out his recovery in order to block the Flyers from being able to trade him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the inability to edit posts after five minutes. I used to do it all the time.

Here's the link, it's a good read on the whole Meszaros situation:

Putting On The Foil | The Hockey Guys

Thanks for this info Mav. It looks like there isnt going to be a place for Lauridsen. i kinda of liked the way Laurd played last season and wanted him on this team ahead of Gervais. I think he would make a good pairing with Gust.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but wonder if Meszaros is intentionally dragging out his recovery in order to block the Flyers from being able to trade him.

If this is true i want him to play in the minors all season and save cap space.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true i want him to play in the minors all season and save cap space.

Only the first $900k can be buried in the minors. The rest counts against the cap. So, they'd have a $3.1 mil cap hit for a player in the minors, unfortunately.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this info Mav. It looks like there isnt going to be a place for Lauridsen. i kinda of liked the way Laurd played last season and wanted him on this team ahead of Gervais. I think he would make a good pairing with Gust.

Assuming he continues to develop, I think you'll see Lauridsen full time with the Flyers in 2014/15. I'd rather Gervais serve as 7th defenseman and allow Big L to continue his development with regular playing time in the AHL.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the first $900k can be buried in the minors. The rest counts against the cap. So, they'd have a $3.1 mil cap hit for a player in the minors, unfortunately.

Then i hope it's not true but it is kinda funny how long it's taking him to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.