• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

Huddie Leadbetter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If P5 teams on Florida's level feel this same way and, for some reason, we won't budge on the home and home deals, there's not much we can do aside from get a new AD and hope that AD has a different mindset, right?

sounds reasonable

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending it. All I'm saying is what is the right time for a program like Florida to schedule us and if UF feels this way, I would think many teams on their level feel that way so what do we do? Honest question. If P5 teams on Florida's level feel this same way and, for some reason, we won't budge on the home and home deals, there's not much we can do aside from get a new AD and hope that AD has a different mindset, right?
That, and not bitch about it to everyone else.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a very nice stadium IN Orlando you could use for a "neutral site" game instead of the tiny "bounce house". You would still have the game in your city, and would benefit from the home crowd, but it would make it more fiscally appealing to one of the larger P5 teams.

Can't argue with that.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is another of UCF's issues, i constantly hear they want home and homes... which they wont get til they can demand it with more than a tantrum but actual long term history of success.

We are 2-0 against them.. It's not like we haven't ever played them.. It's cute that they think they are true P5 competition worthy.. :dhd:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are willing to wait, but we keep getting told that we don't schedule tough enough P5 teams, yet when we reach out to those tougher P5 teams, we get told no. So what does everyone expect the program to do?
Stay in your place. Don't be trying to crash the party.

The problem isn't the top dogs in the P5 conferences. They'll always be held in high regard if they were to lose to a team like UCF. It is the middling and lower P5 teams that don't want you rising. They have to compete with you on the recruiting trail a lot more than they would like.

Don't you think the top of the G5s are every bit as good as many of the middle and lower P5s?

Same could probably be said for the top FCS teams and many middle/lower G5s like my shitty Miners. We've been known to lose to an FCS school pretty frequently.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 2-0 against them.. It's not like we haven't ever played them.. It's cute that they think they are true P5 competition worthy.. :dhd:

2006 was a long time ago. Both programs have changed. Would be great to see them play with the current programs.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop... if you’re going with Miami is the other P5 teams and they’ve played 1 P5 game at a neutral site out of state in recent history, I say the point was right on.
The AD said he wants home and homes with other P5 teams, not mid-level programs. FSU is a P5 team. If you wanna bitch about not leaving the state that's fine, but playing at UCF doesn't solve that anyway.

And as I said, this is a new AD. Who knows if he'll schedule differently. Saying he's full of shit like he's had anything to do with scheduling over the last 2 decades is just stupid. As i also said, most UF fans WANT to see home and homes with teams other than Miami and FSU.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the bitching part comes natural so, that won't stop.
I understand. Just don’t expect any sympathy if your program is turning down deals to ply better teams because they feel they deserve some kind of scheduling respect for whatever reason.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think the top of the G5s are every bit as good as many of the middle and lower P5s?

I would say the top of the G5s are better than MOST the mid-low P5s.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AD said he wants home and homes with other P5 teams, not mid-level programs. FSU is a P5 team. If you wanna bitch about not leaving the state that's fine, but playing at UCF doesn't solve that anyway.

And as I said, this is a new AD. Who knows if he'll schedule differently. Saying he's full of shit like he's had anything to do with scheduling over the last 2 decades is just stupid. As i also said, most UF fans WANT to see home and homes with teams other than Miami and FSU.
If the OP’s quote is right (wouldn’t be shocked if it’s not, to be fair) he said they do home and homes with FSU and other P5 leagues. If that’s his plan moving forward, awesome, but that hasn’t been the case in at least decades. So they don’t. I’d hate the lack of variety too. I get it’s worked okay for your program, but god damn... I’m sure it has gotten boring for you guys.

RTR...USN (ret)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the top of the G5s are better than MOST the mid-low P5s.
The upper tier G5 teams are good, and can win against a LOT of P5 teams in a "one off" type of game. Part of the problem for your smaller schools is that the starters are good, but the teams lack the quality depth most of the upper P5 programs have. Where this really shows itself is when you play a schedule filled with quality teams. Injuries take their toll. Last year for example Bama lost 7 LB's... SEVEN for most of the year. When you are playing against consistently weak opponents you just don't get the same type of attrition.

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been done 2 times Florida beat them 42-0 and 58-27

I’ve seen it mentioned that UCF backed out on another game? Haven’t really looked for it on the internet but I’ve seen it mentioned a couple times on different forums.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gators AD would welcome 2-for-1 series vs. UCF

In this article, the AD states that "in the right situation" he would schedule games against UCF. He never elaborates what the right situation is, but also states that "We haven't had a spot where we thought this made sense at this point".

He also states, "We do home-and-homes with like FSUs and Power 5 leagues," Stricklin said. "We haven't done any home-and-homes with non-Power 5 teams. I don't think we would start that. But I'd love to schedule [UCF] in a game."

They xhickened out of their last scheduled game with UF. I’m sure UF would schedule them but will not offer a home and home contract like they want. Given their little 45.000 seat stadium in which they average about 30,000 fans, that makes no sense for UF. So maybe 2 in Gainesville and one at a neutral site or something like that.

My guess is they’ll whine, pout and act like they should get s home and home deal which they obviously don’t.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a very nice stadium IN Orlando you could use for a "neutral site" game instead of the tiny "bounce house". You would still have the game in your city, and would benefit from the home crowd, but it would make it more fiscally appealing to one of the larger P5 teams.

How dare you come in with your logic and facts. :D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To climb the mountain like FSU did back in the day, UCF may well have to become independent. Wasn't FSU independent during that time?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UT Martin, Towson, South Alabama and Samford.

And more ranked OOC opponents than all but a handful of other teams across the country. For example next year UF plays two I-AA teams but also plays fsu and miami.

What all those teams you listed have in common is that they do not require a return date. ucf doesn’t want to do that but doesn’t have a home stadium or fan base to warrant a home and home deal.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We do home and homes with FSU and other power 5 teams.”

Bull fucking shit. When’s the last time they left their state for a non conference game?

Bull fucking shit indeed. fsu and miami are P5 teams. UF played Michigan in Dallas last year.