• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but he was talking about only top ten teams even though he didn’t say that. Now I’m going to call you some made up term from a dying messageboard that I got banned from because I am a shitty poster.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, youre just not going to get Kentucky basketball in a home and home ever. Y'all are more than welcome to come to Rupp. P5 schools arent going to give up the ticket revenue from what would otherwise be a home game and a win to go on the road and not make that money. Is the risk of a loss higher, well sure, but more to the point, we hold the cards and it makes zero financial sense. Our basketball operating budget is probably more than UTEP's entire athletics budget. Gotta make sure all profitable avenues are protected to cover those costs. One way to do that is to not schedule needless road games against opponents where it is a lose/lose proposition. We get nothing out of such a game...nothing.

Exactly. If you win, no one expected you to lose, If you lose, then you lost to a mid major team.

That is my point. It's all about financial gain and protecting your reputation. This is how the G5 gets shut out of chances to show they belong.

If it was up to me, college should create a relegation system. Every year the top G5 teams move up to P5 status and the lowest P5 teams move down to g5 status.

This way the p5 teams would truly be playing the top teams instead of cruising through half of their schedule playing the Vanderbilt's and Kansas' of the p5

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If you win, no one expected you to lose, If you lose, then you lost to a mid major team.

That is my point. It's all about financial gain and protecting your reputation. This is how the G5 gets shut out of chances to show they belong.

If it was up to me, college should create a relegation system. Every year the top G5 teams move up to P5 status and the lowest P5 teams move down to g5 status.

This way the p5 teams would truly be playing the top teams instead of cruising through half of their schedule playing the Vanderbilt's and Kansas' of the p5
Do you actually believe that G5 teams are offering them the difference of a home game vs a road game to play in the G5 tiny stadiums?

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually believe that G5 teams are offering them the difference of a home game vs a road game to play in the G5 tiny stadiums?

Probably not but P5 schools probably still want to play a road game or two in order to prepare their teams for conference play.

G5 schools are their for p5 schools to have a preseason. Which is why they won't play a team like UCF unless they get a two for one. It's too risky.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is the opposite. It's the nay sayers who say they don't play a tough schedule but no one gives them a fair shot.

But that's bullshit. They are given a fair shot. They're just not given their unreasonable terms on chances to play major teams.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is going to pay their dues. They are just negotiating. You'll see.

They're going to pay their dues because they're going to have no choice. Nobody major is going to agree to their unreasonable demands.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but P5 schools probably still want to play a road game or two in order to prepare their teams for conference play.

G5 schools are their for p5 schools to have a preseason. Which is why they won't play a team like UCF unless they get a two for one. It's too risky.
No, they don’t want to play road games, they want to play home games and make money. They don’t want to lose millions of dollars doing a one for one when there is nothing to be gained. UCF isn’t special and hasn’t earned the right to be treated higher than every other G5 school.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to pay their dues because they're going to have no choice. Nobody major is going to agree to their unreasonable demands.

I have no doubt. It's just a motivation factor. They will eventually have to give in to the P5 schools but the AD and the coach know that it's a good motivating factor for the team.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is the opposite. It's the nay sayers who say they don't play a tough schedule but no one gives them a fair shot.

There's plenty of G5 teams willing to accept the bigtime programs terms. Given that, it makes no sense for UCF to drag their feet on this.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play a tough schedule because they can't play a tough schedule. They can only play the teams that agree to play them.

It was the same thing in the NFL. Way back in the day, people said the AFL couldn't hang with the NFL but they never played each other so no one could prove that they could until they created the Super Bowl.

By the third Super Bowl, the AFL had closed the gap.

The same thing holds true for teams like UCF. Give them a shot and they will close the gap quickly.

Basketball is another example.

Boo hoo....no one will play us in a home and home, life's not fair. I guess we will just have to schedule FCS and shitty P5 teams, because we shouldn't have to play on the road because we are a top ten team....wahhhhhhhh.

I can't imagine a team that wouldn't add UCF as a home game with no return game....The fact that UCF doesn't want to do that is not relevant. Like I said, Every P5 team has to play 2-3 good P5 teams on the road every year, what makes UCF special. Schedule 2 on the road and play two garbage teams. Playing Louisville and North Carolina is not getting them to the playoffs.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo hoo....no one will play us in a home and home, life's not fair. I guess we will just have to schedule FCS and shitty P5 teams, because we shouldn't have to play on the road because we are a top ten team....wahhhhhhhh.

I can't imagine a team that wouldn't add UCF as a home game with no return game....The fact that UCF doesn't want to do that is not relevant. Like I said, Every P5 team has to play 2-3 good P5 teams on the road every year, what makes UCF special. Schedule 2 on the road and play two garbage teams. Playing Louisville and North Carolina is not getting them to the playoffs.

UCF has won 23 straight games. That's pretty special. When was the last time that happened?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was so easy, why hasn't another G5 school don it?
Cuz G5's are coaching proving grounds when coaches get good enough they move on. Frost coached UCF so well it carried on without him the next season even if UCF didnt have a coach.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF has won 23 straight games. That's pretty special. When was the last time that happened?
Ohio State has done it a couple of times recently while actually playing good teams.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz G5's are coaching proving grounds when coaches get good enough they move on. Frost coached UCF so well it carried on without him the next season even if UCF didnt have a coach.

I have no doubt.

I'm just looking for consistency. Either all teams are created equal or they aren't. I would rather just let the P5 and G5 separate into divisions without one playing the other.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt.

I'm just looking for consistency. Either all teams are created equal or they aren't. I would rather just let the P5 and G5 separate into divisions without one playing the other.
But they are not created equal, and wont be. The $$ pouring into facilities, top notch coaches makes the G5 more of a farm division for coaches to cut their teeth. I mean Look what happens when they have 1 excellent season that is 100% because of them after only being HC 2 years.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are not created equal, and wont be. The $$ pouring into facilities, top notch coaches makes the G5 more of a farm division for coaches to cut their teeth. I mean Look what happens when they have 1 excellent season that is 100% because of them after only being HC 2 years.

And that's great. Make them separate leagues. Let the G5 have their own playoff system or their own bowl affiliations.

I'm just sick of college football pretending that everyone has a shot at the title when we all know only a hand full of schools actually do.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's great. Make them separate leagues. Let the G5 have their own playoff system or their own bowl affiliations.

I'm just sick of college football pretending that everyone has a shot at the title when we all know only a hand full of schools actually do.
Is there really any pretense at a G5 school that players think they have a shot at the CFP??

Honestly....

Split dont split, we'll see. If they do split do they gain media money lose media money or stay the same, does it affect P5 scheduling the G5 teams? similar to conferences ruling FCS out (for the most part)

DO what they want in my opinion as long as it doesnt fuck up recruiting or money for my school :D