• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flecther Cox gets paid

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, you are the most miserable person ever. Me and Manster fight like cats and dogs yet I still like the guy and read his posts. You're just a complete depression cloud.
wouldn't expect anything else from you nick. It's not like you haven't taken the opportunity B4 when given the slightest opportunity. What's it been?...8, 10 years? I wear it like a badge of honor. Might I suggest you put me on the ignore list if you remain so "depressed"...but hey, Where's the Fun in That?

Pitch a tent over all you've ever brought to a football discussion.

but hey...you & manster this time....and the circus music begins

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't expect anything else from you nick. It's not like you haven't taken the opportunity B4 when given the slightest opportunity. What's it been?...8, 10 years? I wear it like a badge of honor. Might I suggest you put me on the ignore list if you remain so "depressed"...but hey, Where's the Fun in That?

Pitch a tent over all you've ever brought to a football discussion.

but hey...you & manster this time....and the circus music begins

Again, as a man I just want to help you out. Your platitudes and absolutely goofy sayings at the end of each post alienates you from the rest of normal people. It's not witty. It's not clever. It doesn't make you look smart or creative. It's just beyond goofy. "Onward through the fog", I've never met a normal person in my life who talks like this. Keep posting but the platitudes have to end because I cringe in embarrassment every time you say one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to honour contracts UNLESS they cut the guy.

Think about that for a moment.

C'mon Hank.

Sometimes I think you've gotta' be trolling with shit like this.

CUTTING THE GUY MEANS THEY'RE NOT HONORING THE CONTRACT!!!!
It's a one side deal for sure, but I'm all for being able to cut a dog not performing. However I certainly OK with a player squaking about being under paid also.
Never understood why folks would hate a player for wanting to redo a contract where he's obviously out performing. Doesn't mean I think teams should necessarily redo a contract, just means I get the squaking.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of Allen and his money and how he'd rip it up without a cap. Didn't he buy the Mariners and the not spend a penny for years? I'm not sure he'd just go out and buy a championship if the cap went away
:lol: No he didn't buy the Mariners. Far as I know he got no interest in baseball what so ever.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a one side deal for sure, but I'm all for being able to cut a dog not performing. However I certainly OK with a player squaking about being under paid also.
Never understood why folks would hate a player for wanting to redo a contract where he's obviously out performing. Doesn't mean I think teams should necessarily redo a contract, just means I get the squaking.

This is what frustrates me with Screamin' 12's criticism of Bennett. He hasn't even held out yet. I get a bit of the angst over Kam last year, but (and I hope I'm dead wrong about this) I worry that he figured he's not going to be able to go too much longer the style that he plays. So he thought he'd better cash in while he still can.

Because yes, get your ass injured, doesn't matter if it's by playing the game hard and violently, doing what you're SUPPOSED to be doing, the team cuts you, and you're SOL.

It's a pretty cold mercenary business, but the loyalty only flows one way... **the Hawks DO seem to do what they can to minimize the impact to guys like Jesse Williams** But overall, they'll cut aging vets and not look back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what frustrates me with Screamin' 12's criticism of Bennett. He hasn't even held out yet. I get a bit of the angst over Kam last year, but (and I hope I'm dead wrong about this) I worry that he figured he's not going to be able to go too much longer the style that he plays. So he thought he'd better cash in while he still can.

Because yes, get your ass injured, doesn't matter if it's by playing the game hard and violently, doing what you're SUPPOSED to be doing, the team cuts you, and you're SOL.

It's a pretty cold mercenary business, but the loyalty only flows one way... **the Hawks DO seem to do what they can to minimize the impact to guys like Jesse Williams** But overall, they'll cut aging vets and not look back.

Some fans just don't get how one sided this CBA is , or they just don't care. I hate guaranteed contracts, pretty much has screwed up several types of sports. Still fans should be OK with a player wanting to redo a contract, even if you hope it doesn't happen, it's only fair.
Basically you want pay to match performance. Win, win.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fans just don't get how one sided this CBA is , or they just don't care. I hate guaranteed contracts, pretty much has screwed up several types of sports. Still fans should be OK with a player wanting to redo a contract, even if you hope it doesn't happen, it's only fair.
Basically you want pay to match performance. Win, win.

Right, and that was the point I was making with Kam last year, was that the team itself would be fine with what he did (at least long-term) because they understand why he did it. It's some fans who act like he went all ball-gag with their sisters.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, as a man I just want to help you out. Your platitudes and absolutely goofy sayings at the end of each post alienates you from the rest of normal people. It's not witty. It's not clever. It doesn't make you look smart or creative. It's just beyond goofy. "Onward through the fog", I've never met a normal person in my life who talks like this. Keep posting but the platitudes have to end because I cringe in embarrassment every time you say one.
Flat out amazing, and such desperation too.

I remain not real smart, but that ignore button remains your best option King of Drama.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get over the team salary being 6 times higher for now and concentrate on one player. Will use Von Miller as an example, because he's next up for a big contract. He wants 20M per, the Broncos offered him 19+M, so I'm I to believe some team will blindly put 120M per year on the table?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get over the team salary being 6 times higher for now and concentrate on one player. Will use Von Miller as an example, because he's next up for a big contract. He wants 20M per, the Broncos offered him 19+M, so I'm I to believe some team will blindly put 120M per year on the table?

How about we leave the 6x behind in all aspects? Nah! Who the fuck am I kidding?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK how about just 3X. Denver offers 20 who's going to give 60M per year?

If Snyder figures he's going to get 60 million worth of buzz (merch sales, increasing eyeballs watching games) then Snyder will pay him that much.

Unlikely a non-QB is going to get that, but Luck, or Wilson, or another young elite QB? Absofrigginlutely.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think another team is going to give Rodgers $132M per year? Or Clay Matthews $80M per year? Or both Cobb and Jordy $60M per?

Plus if there is no Cap, GB probably gives Rodgers $30M per year at least. So really you are looking at another team giving him $180M per year for 5 or 6 years to pay 6 times what GB would. Sorry but I'm going with no. You can't compare different sports because of the way the tv packages work. The Cowboys don't have their own deal with the Yes Network like the Yankees do.
This would never happen. All those 1/1000th of 1 % of GB share holders would never stand for it. They would all give up their weekly budget of PBR to pay ARog.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

S12 said early in Bennetts tenure in Seattle that he basically wasn't that great of of player and could be easily replaced. And has since ignored whats been obvious to the rest of us over the years in order to justify that opinion. He's one of those that are impossible to admit when they're wrong about something. He'll lean on stats to make the argument, then when that's not working, he'll go to "I watch all-22 and have personal connections at the vmac so I'm an expert".

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Snyder figures he's going to get 60 million worth of buzz (merch sales, increasing eyeballs watching games) then Snyder will pay him that much.

Unlikely a non-QB is going to get that, but Luck, or Wilson, or another young elite QB? Absofrigginlutely.
I don't think even Snyder or Jerry goes that high on a player. What's Luck going to get? 25M? No I don't see any team giving Luck 75M per. Will Jerry and or Snyder out bid everyone else by 5M on some players? Sure they will, but that's about it. The only way one team is going to out bid another team by 3 times is if a team like Cleveland throws a ridiculous low offer to a player, but I am very confident other teams would have outbid that offer anyway.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think even Snyder or Jerry goes that high on a player. What's Luck going to get? 25M? No I don't see any team giving Luck 75M per. Will Jerry and or Snyder out bid everyone else by 5M on some players? Sure they will, but that's about it. The only way one team is going to out bid another team by 3 times is if a team like Cleveland throws a ridiculous low offer to a player, but I am very confident other teams would have outbid that offer anyway.

This remind me of the joke about the guy who offers the woman a million bucks for sex, and then offers her a dollar...

GB Shaw/W Churchill/various said:
She: What kind of woman do you think I am?

He: We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.

Now we're just haggling over price. You know teams WILL overpay, you just think they won't outrageously overpay.

I have no idea what you're basing that on, because it doesn't sound like any real world evidence I've seen.

The NY Knicks have made some of the most ridiculous contract offers in history, all since 2000. (no salary cap) I've already beaten the Tom Hicks A-Rod horse to death.

It's a QB driven league. A top flight QB or potential top flight QB coming off his rookie deal? Why wouldn't the half the league that suffers through seasons with the Brian Hoyer's/Sam Bradford's of the game, offer up competing bids? Hell what's a team like the Vikings, with a defence that is potentially good enough to win it all, offer up to get a QB that can win it all? Cinci?

Those types of teams ALONE would drive the bidding price on a QB beyond your 3 or 4 million extra. Cox is getting 3 or 4 million extra WITH THE CAP IN PLACE.

Now add in the 'I'm a kid dressed in a suit' types like Jones and Snyder?

What we're haggling over now is just price.

My take? Well north of your lowball predictions, and well south of his 6x prediction.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S12 said early in Bennetts tenure in Seattle that he basically wasn't that great of of player and could be easily replaced. And has since ignored whats been obvious to the rest of us over the years in order to justify that opinion. He's one of those that are impossible to admit when they're wrong about something. He'll lean on stats to make the argument, then when that's not working, he'll go to "I watch all-22 and have personal connections at the vmac so I'm an expert".

Ahhh, okay. I haven't been here long enough. Interesting.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely I think Dallas is in a situation where if they were competing with Oakland for Khalil Mack, in an uncapped league they could make a financial offer to him that Oakland couldn't. Don't get caught up in the "is it 1.5 times more or 3 times more".

Look no further than Baseball, or Euro soccer leagues in uncapped sports. You have a direct correlation between team roster salary and wins. You have a direct correlation on where elite players go. Based on salaries vs. wins over the past decade plus, the Yankee's payroll should on average give them 91 wins. That's not quite guaranteed, but about where you could expect to make the post-season, just based on the effect of cash spent and how it affects winning percentages.

Revenue sharing is great for the NFL but doesn't address the huge revenue gap between top and bottom teams in the NFL.

It's tough to say what that offer for an elite starting QB is. Baseball doesn't have that truly. Where one individual players performance can have so high of an impact. I could care less about debating if it is 2 times, 3 times, 4 times... and I will explain why.

Lets say Derek Carr becomes elite in the next season or two. If Dallas for example is making $230 million more in profit a year (690% more profit), and has $400 million more in revenue, how much more would they offer than Oakland? You can use New England and for example if Teddy Bridgewater hits FA as an elite free agent when Brady retires too.

The only number for what they would pay that matters to answer that is I fully believe Dallas would offer enough that Derek Carr would be the starting QB in Dallas.

Meanwhile Oakland heads back to the draft and hopes not to get another Jamarcus Russell. And Dallas can go ahead and easily offer more than Cleveland for Joe Thomas if they wanted to keep him standing if that was an issue as well (it isn't currently lol).

The NFL is an interesting one, because you don't need to blast out cash all over your roster. Get your QB, tackle, pass rusher, and corner and you've got a HUGE head start. Find me an average team across the board, and a team with good/great players at those 4 positions, and I'll put my money on that 2nd team winning a LOT more games.

A top team if they wanted has 200 mil more for an owner caring more about winning than his football team bringing in the best possible profit each year. He could literally double the current cap that keeps those smaller teams competitive.