• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flecther Cox gets paid

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flat out amazing, and such desperation too.

I remain not real smart, but that ignore button remains your best option King of Drama.

The face can say a 1000 words.... Especially the mouth part. How was that? Try g to sound like you in my posts now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely I think Dallas is in a situation where if they were competing with Oakland for Khalil Mack, in an uncapped league they could make a financial offer to him that Oakland couldn't. Don't get caught up in the "is it 1.5 times more or 3 times more".

Look no further than Baseball, or Euro soccer leagues in uncapped sports. You have a direct correlation between team roster salary and wins. You have a direct correlation on where elite players go. Based on salaries vs. wins over the past decade plus, the Yankee's payroll should on average give them 91 wins. That's not quite guaranteed, but about where you could expect to make the post-season, just based on the effect of cash spent and how it affects winning percentages.

Revenue sharing is great for the NFL but doesn't address the huge revenue gap between top and bottom teams in the NFL.

It's tough to say what that offer for an elite starting QB is. Baseball doesn't have that truly. Where one individual players performance can have so high of an impact. I could care less about debating if it is 2 times, 3 times, 4 times... and I will explain why.

Lets say Derek Carr becomes elite in the next season or two. If Dallas for example is making $230 million more in profit a year (690% more profit), and has $400 million more in revenue, how much more would they offer than Oakland? You can use New England and for example if Teddy Bridgewater hits FA as an elite free agent when Brady retires too.

The only number for what they would pay that matters to answer that is I fully believe Dallas would offer enough that Derek Carr would be the starting QB in Dallas.

Meanwhile Oakland heads back to the draft and hopes not to get another Jamarcus Russell. And Dallas can go ahead and easily offer more than Cleveland for Joe Thomas if they wanted to keep him standing if that was an issue as well (it isn't currently lol).

The NFL is an interesting one, because you don't need to blast out cash all over your roster. Get your QB, tackle, pass rusher, and corner and you've got a HUGE head start. Find me an average team across the board, and a team with good/great players at those 4 positions, and I'll put my money on that 2nd team winning a LOT more games.

A top team if they wanted has 200 mil more for an owner caring more about winning than his football team bringing in the best possible profit each year. He could literally double the current cap that keeps those smaller teams competitive.
Well apparently we have been told we aren't allowed to say 6 times more even though that was the entire discussion!!!:noidea:

Of course some smaller market teams won't be able to offer the same amount and will be hurt. No one ever questioned that point, did they?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well apparently we have been told we aren't allowed to say 6 times more even though that was the entire discussion!!!:noidea:

Of course some smaller market teams won't be able to offer the same amount and will be hurt. No one ever questioned that point, did they?

2015 LA Dodgers 301,735,000
2015 Florida Marlins 63,590,000

Same thing would happen in football.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Yankees 242,000,000
2013 Houston Astros 35,000,000

35,000,000 (Multiplied by that magic number 6) = 210,000,000
Wait, we have teams with 7 times the payroll as others but 6... Well 6, that's just ludicrous.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 LA Dodgers 301,735,000
2015 Florida Marlins 63,590,000

Same thing would happen in football.
No it won't. Tv revenue totally different in the two sports

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Yankees 242,000,000
2013 Houston Astros 35,000,000

35,000,000 (Multiplied by that magic number 6) = 210,000,000
Wait, we have teams with 7 times the payroll as others but 6... Well 6, that's just ludicrous.
None other than you is talking about baseball. Why do you keep bringing it up? We are talking about what would happen in the NFL. Honestly, there is a cap and it's not going anywhere so I'm not sure why the heck it is even a discussion.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None other than you is talking about baseball. Why do you keep bringing it up? We are talking about what would happen in the NFL. Honestly, there is a cap and it's not going anywhere so I'm not sure why the heck it is even a discussion.

Good point. I'm just wondering why the only fans interestedin ending the cap are all Cowboy fans. Everyone on this board knows Jerry will outspend all the other teams even if he winds up losing money. Maybe my 6 times the amount is ridiculous, but it would make football just as bad a baseball.

Maybe all of this has to do with my hatred of baseball. I remember going to the 93 World Series. The final score was lime 13 to 10. All I can remember is sitting their thinking... This is as good as it gets. World Series... 20+ runs and I was still bored out of my mind. Just thinking the NFL could be like that. I despise how the Yankees just buy everyone, especially when they signed Damon. How anyone could root for the Yankees is beyond comprehension. I love you bro... But the Yankees and the Cowboys. Barf!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's directed at me, heh, I had no idea I wielded so much power!

Hey, bitches, get me a woman! And a rum/coke. Oh, and some money, yeah, LOTS of money!!!

c/o: chf, Postal Box 100, Calgary, AB, HOH OHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I'm just wondering why the only fans interestedin ending the cap are all Cowboy fans. [/B]Everyone on this board knows Jerry will outspend all the other teams even if he winds up losing money. Maybe my 6 times the amount is ridiculous, but it would make football just as bad a baseball.

Maybe all of this has to do with my hatred of baseball. I remember going to the 93 World Series. The final score was lime 13 to 10. All I can remember is sitting their thinking... This is as good as it gets. World Series... 20+ runs and I was still bored out of my mind. Just thinking the NFL could be like that. I despise how the Yankees just buy everyone, especially when they signed Damon. How anyone could root for the Yankees is beyond comprehension. I love you bro... But the Yankees and the Cowboys. Barf!
I thought Hank was the only person that wants to kill the cap, I know I don't

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it won't. Tv revenue totally different in the two sports

But wouldn't the tv revenue structure change if there was no profit sharing in the NFL?