• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flecther Cox gets paid

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and I agree, he went overboard with his estimate, but the underlying truth about what he's saying (it would kill some small market teams) is on point.

And your math is as bad as his. :) Where in the world are you getting 900 million dollars from? It would ONLY be $858 million!

(that last part was humour btw)

I was LOLing before I got this far. Sometimes sarcasm does show up in print.

I won't argue no cap will hurt some teams, if a few do go on spending sprees. PE1 said something that was so overboard it was impossible to ignore, then instead of just saying his numbers are wrong he tries to defend it with ARODs baseball contract.
On the other hand even if a few teams do go on spending sprees it's quite possible those teams don't go completely nuts with the money because they might realize they need the rest of the league to continue making money.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand even if a few teams do go on spending sprees it's quite possible those teams don't go completely nuts with the money because they might realize they need the rest of the league to continue making money.

Like Tom Hicks did? Heh.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was LOLing before I got this far. Sometimes sarcasm does show up in print.

I won't argue no cap will hurt some teams, if a few do go on spending sprees. PE1 said something that was so overboard it was impossible to ignore, then instead of just saying his numbers are wrong he tries to defend it with ARODs baseball contract.

You keep saying I went waaay overboard saying teams could afford to pay 6 times as much. Tell me why I am waaay out of line when its happening in baseball right now. Does it matter if one team has 53 players and one has 25. One league said, "Lets have no cap" and some teams decided to pay 6 times as much as other team. Seem likely that it could happen in football too to me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying I went waaay overboard saying teams could afford to pay 6 times as much. Tell me why I am waaay out of line when its happening in baseball right now. Does it matter if one team has 53 players and one has 25. One league said, "Lets have no cap" and some teams decided to pay 6 times as much as other team. Seem likely that it could happen in football too to me.
So you think one team is going to pay $900,000,000?
From Forbes "For the ninth consecutive year, the Dallas Cowboys are in the top spot as the NFL's most valuable team, thanks to record NFL revenue last season of $620 million."

Even if one team cut their salary in half they'd still be paying out 70M that would mean a team would have to pay out 420M, that's not going to happen. Some teams will jump up in spending some will drop, but this climbs and drops will be closer to 50M.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
162 games Vs 16 games

YEP....let's compare's

What does that have to do with anything?

MLB total revenue averaged over individual games is 1.85 mil per game.

NFL total revenue averaged over individual games is 23.5 mil per game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While the NFL over a given season will bring in more money they also have 53 people they are paying compared to just 25 for the MLB. So while the NFL will bring in more money over a given year they are also paying for double the players and have more actual teams to cut into the pot.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your larger point, but your figures are too high for this reason: 162 games vs 16 games.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the TV networks sell ad time to pay for their outlay. There's simply way less ad time in a 16 game season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it gets very confusing because the NFL packages its TV deal, and all teams share the pie. MLB teams get revenue streams from various sources, and get to keep it. Again, Hicks got between 400 and 500 million for the REGIONAL rights to Rangers games.

The reason Jerry doesn't like profit sharing is he could get a deal like that if he kept 100% of the Cowboys TV revenue.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averaged?
and you ask me about what my post has to do with anything?

I shoulda known....
you're right, baseball with their fully guaranteed contracts and team luxury tax serves as a great example to how a select number of teams would pay single players more than entire teams in a no cap NFL. What the fuck was I thinking?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him making a lot more in FA in an uncapped NFL. I could see a team being able to afford 6 times as much as Green Bay. You are acting like that's an impossibility when its going on right now, this minute in baseball. Teams have pay rolls 6 times higher then other teams.

I do find it interesting that the only fan base interested in an uncapped NFL coincidentally being the most valuable team. Everyone knows Jerry would buy a dynasty in a heart beat. It would absolutely suck... Just like baseball sucks.
So you think another team is going to give Rodgers $132M per year? Or Clay Matthews $80M per year? Or both Cobb and Jordy $60M per?

Plus if there is no Cap, GB probably gives Rodgers $30M per year at least. So really you are looking at another team giving him $180M per year for 5 or 6 years to pay 6 times what GB would. Sorry but I'm going with no. You can't compare different sports because of the way the tv packages work. The Cowboys don't have their own deal with the Yes Network like the Yankees do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the whole roster be 6x higher??? I agree with you saying he's being a bit over-dramatic, but you don't have to make up what he's saying...

I could see him making a lot more in FA in an uncapped NFL. I could see a team being able to afford 6 times as much as Green Bay. You are acting like that's an impossibility when its going on right now, this minute in baseball. Teams have pay rolls 6 times higher then other teams.

I do find it interesting that the only fan base interested in an uncapped NFL coincidentally being the most valuable team. Everyone knows Jerry would buy a dynasty in a heart beat. It would absolutely suck... Just like baseball sucks.
:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it gets very confusing because the NFL packages its TV deal, and all teams share the pie. MLB teams get revenue streams from various sources, and get to keep it. Again, Hicks got between 400 and 500 million for the REGIONAL rights to Rangers games.

The reason Jerry doesn't like profit sharing is he could get a deal like that if he kept 100% of the Cowboys TV revenue.
This!!!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief, can we just leave the 6x in the rear-view? It's too high, but it doesn't change the overall point being made. The cap protects small market teams.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
averaged?

I shoulda known....
you're right, baseball with their fully guaranteed contracts and team luxury tax serves as a great example to how a select number of teams would pay single players more than entire teams in a no cap NFL. What the fuck was I thinking?

Are you always such a little bitch in your responses?

I got a little confused with the multiple angles of this thread when I responded to you.

But if there was no cap in football, we would see fully guaranteed contracts there too

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you always such a little bitch in your responses?

I got a little confused with the multiple angles of this thread when I responded to you.

But if there was no cap in football, we would see fully guaranteed contracts there too

Look around....eat or be eaten is what I see on the hoop

and I assure there is nothing little bitch about me. My skin remains as tick as anyones on this board from I read.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
averaged?

I shoulda known....

God, you are the most miserable person ever. Me and Manster fight like cats and dogs yet I still like the guy and read his posts. You're just a complete depression cloud.