• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco signed. Highest paid QB ever

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further back, man. Fuck you Ohio State. Fuck you Ahmed Plummer.

Shit, I remember Plummer as a godsend... because he kept those 1999 CBs off the field. I mean, he wasn't very good but at least he deserved to be in the NFL... unlike that 1999 secondary.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Marquez, he was an obvious drop off from Sanders and Eric Davis, but I mostly liked the guy

I would agree, I thought he would have been a hammer at FS though. He had decent cover skills and could hit.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree, I thought he would have been a hammer at FS though. He had decent cover skills and could hit.

Pope had a great statistical year in 96, and in 97 when he was grouped with Woodson, Hanks, and McDonald... that was a pretty solid secondary. The 2nd best 49ers secondary of the decade, behind the 1994 squad of Davis, Sanders, Hanks, McDonald

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I remember Plummer as a godsend... because he kept those 1999 CBs off the field. I mean, he wasn't very good but at least he deserved to be in the NFL... unlike that 1999 secondary.

Those guys didn't get max deals like Plummer and Clements.

Plummer got that deal and immediately disappeared. At least Clements was somewhat serviceable after getting paid. He wasn't great, but he wasn't invisible.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys didn't get max deals like Plummer and Clements.

Plummer got that deal and immediately disappeared. At least Clements was somewhat serviceable after getting paid. He wasn't great, but he wasn't invisible.

Ohhhh, that is what you meant... I remember Plummer as the guy who brought dignity back to the 49ers secondary in 2000, not as the guy who disappeared after his extension contract, I think I gave him a pass since those injuries made him retire.

He had a pretty good reason to hang up the cleats, his body gave out.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh, that is what you meant... I remember Plummer as the guy who brought dignity back to the 49ers secondary in 2000, not as the guy who disappeared after his extension contract, I think I gave him a pass since those injuries made him retire.

He had a pretty good reason to hang up the cleats, his body gave out.

His will gave out before his body.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His will gave out before his body.

ha, well I can't dispute that since I didn't follow the NFL from 2001-2003 and when I jumped back into it in 2004 I carried over my 2000 perception of Plummer

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some people here thought Smith was over paid at about 8m per year. Flacco as the highest paid player in NFL History makes him quite possibly the most over paid player in the history of the NFL. He better turn those playoff numbers into regular season numbers and win a few more Super Bowls to justify that contract because Flacco is still not in the same discussion as Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady. He may not even be in the same discussion as RGIII, Luck, and Kaep after next year. The Ravens grossly overpaid, but hey I guess you do what you got to do to keep your QB.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hahahahaha sorry still laughing at the Ravens......

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good QB. Don't know if he is worth that though. I guess that is the nature of the business. Have a good playoff run and win a Super Bowl..get rewarded with 100 mill.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All well and good. None of it is relevant. Kaepernick pays an agent to get the maximum compensation available. If Kaepernick tells his agent to "get what's fair for the team" he'll be the first and only athlete to ever utter (or even think) those words.

We should draft Kaep's replacement this year. Because who is on the roster doesn't determine the winner of the SB.

WWE.

Yeah, I'm still disappointed Goodell hasn't addressed some of the clear 'issues' that arose during the SB. C'mon Man! This is your signature event and much, or at least too much of it was an embarrassment!

I can't help being a little skeptical and wonder just how much of what we see is scripted. And now that the seed of doubt has been planted it can only grow into a bias for which I will struggle to not seek confirmation.

But, I suppose if we are to allow ourselves to think about it realistically, it was bound to happen that profit would one day replace principal in pushing the buttons and pulling the levers of fate in the NFL.

I mean, hell, if profit can eviscerate the constitution of an entire country what chance do the principals of a silly little game like football stand against its corrupt influences.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All well and good. None of it is relevant. Kaepernick pays an agent to get the maximum compensation available. If Kaepernick tells his agent to "get what's fair for the team" he'll be the first and only athlete to ever utter (or even think) those words.

We should draft Kaep's replacement this year. Because who is on the roster doesn't determine the winner of the SB.

WWE.

and IF we go the draft route, all picks should be in play. the QB spot is that important, so don't limit ourselves to a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, or whatever. Kap looks fantastic today, but chit happens.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and IF we go the draft route, all picks should be in play. the QB spot is that important, so don't limit ourselves to a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, or whatever. Kap looks fantastic today, but chit happens.

I agree the QB position is that important - just not the back-up QB position, Deep. I would be happy with any QB from the 5th round to UDFA to fill out our roster at the QB position. We need to use our top picks to find starters at other positions that are more important than back-up QB at this time.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ the Ravens.

Hefty price for a QB that's average at everything other than the deep ball.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the notion that by winning the Super Bowl Flacco had the Ravens backed into a corner. Trent Dilfer must be fuming right now at his agent for not getting him a massive contract after leading the Ravens to a Super Bowl title.

The Ravens have already proven they have no problem letting a Super Bowl winning QB walk away. It doesn't matter if Flacco just won you the Super Bowl you don't pay him that type of contract. The Colts, Patriots , and Saints can get away with what they pay their QB's because their QB's can carry a team on their back into the playoffs. Joe Flacco is not and has never carried the Ravens. I would venture their Defense and Ray Rice have been more important to their success the last few years than Flacco. Flacco might be emerging into Elite status, and I guess that is what the Ravens are paying him for. I just think paying him that type of money will make it hard to field a Super Bowl caliber team in a few years.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Add in how their line played in the playoffs as well. Sorry but Flacco has trouble getting to 60% completion rates. Not worth all that cash.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in how their line played in the playoffs as well. Sorry but Flacco has trouble getting to 60% completion rates. Not worth all that cash.

The only game in the playoffs he posted over 60 completion % is the SB. Against the Colts he had 52, against the Broncos he had 52, and against the Patriots he had 58. And honestly, without Jones' KO return he wouldn't have the won the SB or the SB MVP.

He didn't even reach a 60 % completion for the season, and had a mediocre 7.19 YPA for the year. Also Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, and Matt Schaub had more passing TDs than Flacco, and he had only ONE more than Bradford, who had 21.

Officially the most overrated QB in the league.