• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco signed. Highest paid QB ever

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flacco deal done, signing tomorrow | ProFootballTalk

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Flacco is signing it. Tomorrow.

The six-year, $120.6 million deal pays out $51 million over the first two years, and $62 million over the first three, we’re told.

In all, $52 million is guaranteed. It’s currently unclear how much is fully guaranteed upon signing, and how much is guaranteed for injury only.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Flacco's 6-yr, $120.6 M deal: $52 M guaranteed. $51 M for the first 2 yrs, $62 M for the 1st 3. $6.8 M cap # for 2013.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco deal done, signing tomorrow | ProFootballTalk

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Flacco is signing it. Tomorrow.

The six-year, $120.6 million deal pays out $51 million over the first two years, and $62 million over the first three, we’re told.

In all, $52 million is guaranteed. It’s currently unclear how much is fully guaranteed upon signing, and how much is guaranteed for injury only.

If I were offered that I would have signed already. "I'd have signed it yesterday." Take the money and run before they come to their senses. I know it's too late now to change PR wise, but now they'll hide the pen. If I were him, I'd bring ten pens just in case they are out of ink. ;)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years $120 mill 5 years salary guaranteed last year a team option per ESPN

That is silly! I can think of about six or seven other QBs I'd take over Flacco, including Kaepernick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Caplan:

Flacco's 6-yr, $120.6 M deal: $52 M guaranteed. $51 M for the first 2 yrs, $62 M for the 1st 3. $6.8 M cap # for 2013.

So his base salary is around $2M in the first season with the rest of the hit that years' slice of the $29M signing bonus which is around $4.83M. The total cap hit in first year is $6.8M. Only $52M of the contract is guaranteed. This deal is pretty reasonable since the last two years most likely have a lot of fluff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only game in the playoffs he posted over 60 completion % is the SB. Against the Colts he had 52, against the Broncos he had 52, and against the Patriots he had 58. And honestly, without Jones' KO return he wouldn't have the won the SB or the SB MVP.

He didn't even reach a 60 % completion for the season, and had a mediocre 7.19 YPA for the year. Also Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, and Matt Schaub had more passing TDs than Flacco, and he had only ONE more than Bradford, who had 21.

Officially the most overrated QB in the league.

Agree 100%

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So his base salary is around $2M in the first season with the rest of the hit that years' slice of the $29M signing bonus which is around $4.83M. The total cap hit in first year is $6.8M. Only $52M of the contract is guaranteed. This deal is pretty reasonable since the last two years most likely have a lot of fluff.

Jay Glazer went off this morning on people getting too upset over this contract. His twitter blew up from Ravens fans after the news broke because so many once again thought they had the full picture before many of the details started to come out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree the QB position is that important - just not the back-up QB position, Deep. I would be happy with any QB from the 5th round to UDFA to fill out our roster at the QB position. We need to use our top picks to find starters at other positions that are more important than back-up QB at this time.

yeah, odds are this is how we'll get our third QB.

if the draft doesn't work out, i'd also be ok bringing in a vet vice UDFA. either way, it won't be a splashy name and thats fine.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, odds are this is how we'll get our third QB.

if the draft doesn't work out, i'd also be ok bringing in a vet vice UDFA. either way, it won't be a splashy name and thats fine.

Correct. Because we have a good GM who isn't about to blow a pick in the 30s or higher on a backup QB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't mean anything anymore. Most NFL contracts have at least SOME fluff in them. Does he still get the same contract if the 49ers pull it out at the end?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sirius XM:

Agent for @TeamFlacco Joe Linta tells MTC he celebrated the largest contract for a QB by staying at #Motel6 & having grandslam at #Denny's

Somewhere, Chad Johnson is crushed that he missed out on a great day/night. Actually, I think he's an IHOP guy, though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sirius XM:

Agent for @TeamFlacco Joe Linta tells MTC he celebrated the largest contract for a QB by staying at #Motel6 & having grandslam at #Denny's

Somewhere, Chad Johnson is crushed that he missed out on a great day/night. Actually, I think he's an IHOP guy, though.

I thought he ate at McDonald's three meals a day.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean anything anymore. Most NFL contracts have at least SOME fluff in them. Does he still get the same contract if the 49ers pull it out at the end?

I think he would.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Ravens enjoy their Super Bowl because they may not even be making the playoffs this coming year. Flacco's selfish overpaid contract is already killing that team. They lost their best WR and almost everyone that mattered on their defense now. They easily could have kept some of that together if Flacco's deal was more in line with his actual value.

Losing Ray Lewis, Ellerbe, Kruger, and potentially Reed will put that defense in a tough spot next year. Yeah they still have Ngata and Suggs but Lewis and Reed were the heart and soul of that group and Kruger was their best pass rusher. Ellerbe should have been the replacement to Lewis, and Flacco might not look as good without Boldin in there making the tough plays for him.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Ravens enjoy their Super Bowl because they may not even be making the playoffs this coming year. Flacco's selfish overpaid contract is already killing that team. They lost their best WR and almost everyone that mattered on their defense now. They easily could have kept some of that together if Flacco's deal was more in line with his actual value.

Losing Ray Lewis, Ellerbe, Kruger, and potentially Reed will put that defense in a tough spot next year. Yeah they still have Ngata and Suggs but Lewis and Reed were the heart and soul of that group and Kruger was their best pass rusher. Ellerbe should have been the replacement to Lewis, and Flacco might not look as good without Boldin in there making the tough plays for him.

I wish people would do their research about other organizations before making comments like this. Flacco's new contract doesn't have nearly as much to do with the rest of the moves out of the organization as everyone thinks. Boldin was going to have to restructure his contract regardless of what happened with Flacco. Ozzie came out and said that he would have to be release if he didn't want to take the $2M pay cut. Boldin declined so the Ravens at least got a 6th round pick out of it. Tory Smith can get the job done. Dennis Pitta has stepped up. It would be nice to bring in one more WR. Everyone in Ravens camp knew Kruger was gone. That was assumed coming into this year. There's this guy Courtney Upshaw the Ravens draft last season for that very reason. If you haven't noticed, the Ravens turn over that position like its nothing. People were saying the same thing about Jarret Johnson leaving last year. Who was going to step up? Next man up. Same story this year. That defense is designed to get sacks it doesn't matter who does it. The only move that is going to hurt is Ellerbe. Is he Ray Lewis? Hell no. But he would have been serviceable. Ed Reed isn't going anywhere. Ozzie is a class act. The Ravens did the same thing with Ray Lewis before he signed his last contract. Ed Reed is a legend. He deserve to be able to see what kind of money he can bring in and Ozzie knows that. At the end of the day Ozzie will give him his contract to let him retire a Raven.

Cap space was tight before the Flacco deal. The man wins in the playoffs. End of story. He is the winningest QB in the league since he came into the league. More wins than Brady and Manning and Rogers and Brees. Selfish overpaid contract and lost everyone on the defense? Please. Do your research.