• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Bevell

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, fuck that hot dog vendor. I've never like the way he "hands' out hot dogs, like they're not important or something.

It's like he doesn't even game plan on how to hand them out correctly. Pete Carroll and the hot dog vendor.....buh bye.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

And what did they take away? The bubble screen? Yeah, that worked good never. The fly sweep? We've really done well with that one this season. We didn't even try to throw the ball more than 10 yards today. Everyone's worried about Harvin getting injured and we're playing him like he's a RB and not a slot receiver. If that was the plan for him then this was a stupid signing.

Really? Because I saw several down field throws that were dropped. I saw plays that appeared to be more than dink and dunk passing plays called that ended with Wilson throwing it away or on his ass because the receivers weren't getting any kind of separation. Every time they did try to run between the tackles it was stuffed. I don't know what the fans always seem to dwell on the fly sweeps and screens that fail, but I saw quite a few different kinds of plays and lots of failed attempts.

I've never suggested Bevell called a great game, but it's amazing how many of our own base attempts to put EVERYTHING on him when you have injuries, stupid pre snap penalties killing your drives, receivers not getting open, a TE that can't seem to complete catches when he is open, and a backup center that was pwned the whole day. Put it all in context or it appears to be empty bitching by people who don't understand football. That's just my opinion.

:suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well perhaps if a receiver could shake off a defender the Seahawks would throw down field. Time to give guys like Lockette and Richardson some more snaps IMO.

Agree. I really dont see the point having Walters play such a key role in the offense. I like the guy but I dont think he should be on the team just because he is the punt returner.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with what Wiz said.

We also have been getting blasted by the injury bug. Chancellor, Wagner, Miller, Unger, Lane, and now Maxwell. Depth at CBs is becoming a bigtime concern.

But Bob Condotta brought up a very good point as well tonight.

@bcondotta: Percy Harvin with 133 yards receiving this year on 22 catches. Fair to say Seattle needs to get more than that out of him.

While with a player like Harvin, you judge by all purpose yds, those numbers still say that Harvin hasn't been used enough at WR this year.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BHF nailed it. For a guy that comes up with some really creative, innovative gameplans, Bevell sure has the ability to come up with some head-scratching awful ones as well.

The way he's using Harvin is absurd. I realize he's not a traditional WR, but teams know exactly what's coming when he's on the field: bubble screen or jet sweep. Nothing else.

And for the love of god, Beast Mode... Give him the damn ball.

I still like Bevell, but this was one of his worst gameplans I've seen.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well perhaps if a receiver could shake off a defender the Seahawks would throw down field. Time to give guys like Lockette and Richardson some more snaps IMO.

I agree to give Lockette and Richardson some more snaps, but they will be ineffective as well until the game plan is corrected. Harvin is a weapon that needs to be used way more down field, that alone will make the D back off some and maybe our WR's can get some seperation.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin needs to be on the field more in meaningful plays. If that means he takes less kick off returns then that needs to happen. Once we got the ball back down 4, he was only in the game on 4th down and was out the first 3 plays of that drive. That cant happen. How can your high price receiver with the most talent not be in for the most important drive of the game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because I saw several down field throws that were dropped. I saw plays that appeared to be more than dink and dunk passing plays called that ended with Wilson throwing it away or on his ass because the receivers weren't getting any kind of separation. Every time they did try to run between the tackles it was stuffed. I don't know what the fans always seem to dwell on the fly sweeps and screens that fail, but I saw quite a few different kinds of plays and lots of failed attempts.

I've never suggested Bevell called a great game, but it's amazing how many of our own base attempts to put EVERYTHING on him when you have injuries, stupid pre snap penalties killing your drives, receivers not getting open, a TE that can't seem to complete catches when he is open, and a backup center that was pwned the whole day. Put it all in context or it appears to be empty bitching by people who don't understand football. That's just my opinion.

:suds:

We're averaging less the 200 YPG passing right now. We're last in the league. You can complain about the receivers not getting open but the flippin garbage routes we run have a lot to do with that. When's the last tie we've had a big play on a slant? Why don't we throw those routes? Is it because Wilson isn't capable of it? Is it because Bevell doesn't like them? Is it because PC refuses to let them? A team can't be successful on offense if it's basically giving up between the hash marks down field. If the reason is because Wilson is too short then I'd like to see him fail on his own out there before we sign him to a ridiculous contract only to be exposed later. It's fucking ridiculous. I don't know what team you've been watching but they've been predictable as hell since Bevell has arrived and the teams best moments on offense have been when they've had to throw the game plan out the window.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still anyone out there that defends this ass hat?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long season, let's see how it goes before anyone draws conclusions.

I've got no problem with Bevell...we did win the Superbowl with him just 8 short months ago. I can't believe how quick fans can turn on people.

Please show me 1 coach in the league who doesn't eff up once in a while.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem with Bevell...we did win the Superbowl with him just 8 short months ago. I can't believe how quick fans can turn on people.

Please show me 1 coach in the league who doesn't eff up once in a while.

I know, but most of these Bevell haters , have been Bevell haters for a while. Apparently winning a SB only gives him about four games before they start up the chorus again.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but most of these Bevell haters , have been Bevell haters for a while. Apparently winning a SB only gives him about four games before they start up the chorus again.

They've been mad for a while. First the offense was too conservative, then too creative and "cute" with trying to get Harvin the ball.

I know people dont like it and believe that they call better plays, but that ball control offense is what has driven the boat, led to a title, and developed the best young QB this franchise has ever seen. Now we can get back to that, because we dont have a 12+ mil per year aversion to that style.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been mad for a while. First the offense was too conservative, then too creative and "cute" with trying to get Harvin the ball.

I know people dont like it and believe that they call better plays, but that ball control offense is what has driven the boat, led to a title, and developed the best young QB this franchise has ever seen. Now we can get back to that, because we dont have a 12+ mil per year aversion to that style.

Yup, Harvin was a bad fit, he has never been know as a down field receiver despite his awesome speed. He's always been a kind of hybrid WR/RB trick play player and his real strength was returning kicks, unfortunately he was kind of fragile for that.

I really hope the two rookies start getting some mean full snaps, because the Seahawks need more then the current cast of WRs have been providing.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When was the offense ever "creative"? You know it was Wilson that suggested going with the read option against the Bears, right? Then Bevell stuck with it until it didn't work anymore. We don't run slants and don't throw over the middle. If we aren't going to those things then this is the cap on the offense. Step 1 is fire Bevell. If that doesn't fix it then the problem is obviously that Wilson really is too short to play the position and this is his ceiling. You can't expect to have a solid passing game when you give away everything between the hash marks. It just doesn't work like that. Bevell's sucked for a long time. It's the talent that gets it done.

And how do you go from being the guy they tried to feature against the Cowboys to shipped off in 5 days? This wasn't a "fit" thing. We could have unloaded him for this later, like when we had a guy that was able to return kickoffs or maybe when Miller was back. Or maybe get some guys more reps with the first unit on offense that are going to have to share the load. All I hear is "gee, we won the Super Bowl, he can't be that bad" but what has he actually accomplished here personally?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the offense ever "creative"? You know it was Wilson that suggested going with the read option against the Bears, right? Then Bevell stuck with it until it didn't work anymore. We don't run slants and don't throw over the middle. If we aren't going to those things then this is the cap on the offense. Step 1 is fire Bevell. If that doesn't fix it then the problem is obviously that Wilson really is too short to play the position and this is his ceiling. You can't expect to have a solid passing game when you give away everything between the hash marks. It just doesn't work like that. Bevell's sucked for a long time. It's the talent that gets it done.

And how do you go from being the guy they tried to feature against the Cowboys to shipped off in 5 days? This wasn't a "fit" thing. We could have unloaded him for this later, like when we had a guy that was able to return kickoffs or maybe when Miller was back. Or maybe get some guys more reps with the first unit on offense that are going to have to share the load. All I hear is "gee, we won the Super Bowl, he can't be that bad" but what has he actually accomplished here personally?

So now it's not only Bevell, but maybe Wilson? I'm going to have to ask you to turn in your Seahawks fan card dude.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's not only Bevell, but maybe Wilson? I'm going to have to ask you to turn in your Seahawks fan card dude.

It's a pretty simple question, why don't we throw over the middle?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty simple question, why don't we throw over the middle?

IDK. I've been too busy enjoying the best run my team has ever had to care why they dont do everything and do it all well.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW, I don't think Wilson has a problems throwing over the middle.

NFC Championship Can't-Miss Play: Kearse his name

Thing with this one is it was a free play so they just went to the end zone. I doubt this is what Bevell had dialed up.

Well glad you made this post, because I was wasting a bunch of time hunting down video of him doing so. As for why isn't it called more often, I'd have to go with the personnel. Other then Miller, who they need for blocking, nobody else really does this well. Baldwin and Kearse can do it on occasion, but are they really good at it, as a regular staple?