• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final 8 games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if the team puts up 400 Dean?

If the team also gives up 400...so what?

The offense is clicking...good...that doesn't mean the problem is solved and that the defense is magically better. It is a team sport. If you say this weekend will tell alot about the offense, that is one thing. But as a whole, I am not sure what it says other than this is a .500 team.

This is a transition year Dwan. You are the only one who doesn't see that because you don't want to. You become fixated on people to save the organization.

First it was Rivera
Then it was wentz
Now it is EB and Howell

Answer the question, is this a good team?

already answered. If we found our QB, how is it a transition year? could be a transition year for the coaches, yes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Howell continues to cut down on the sacks and finishes top 3 in yards, its gonna be hard for Harris to walk away from EB.

exactly. why would you break that up?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already answered. If we found our QB, how is it a transition year?
No you didnt..
Is this a good team?

There is more to a team than finding qb.

Transition year as in transitioning into a new front office, new coach, etc.

We aren't good enough to make any serious playoff run.

You yourself claimed Vegas is generally accurate and they had the team at 6.5 wins.

You yourself said it would be hard to get to 9 wins and it didn't look good.

We beat a crappy Pat's team and we are all.of a sudden making noise right?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. why would you break that up?
I have answered that already but you didn't read it.

It's not harris call to make. It is the GMs call to make.

If harris is going to start being overly involved and picking the coaches, why is snyder gone.

Successful teams don't operate like that Dean. Have you ever seen a successful team function?

You wanted EB to have GM duties.

You wanted the coach centric model and celebrated the rivera hire.

You want rivera to stick around if he wins 1 playoff game in 4 years.

You want harris to get involved and either strip Rivera of gm duties or promote EB.

I honestly don't think you know how good teams work.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didnt..
Is this a good team?

There is more to a team than finding qb.

Transition year as in transitioning into a new front office, new coach, etc.

We aren't good enough to make any serious playoff run.

You yourself claimed Vegas is generally accurate and they had the team at 6.5 wins.

You yourself said it would be hard to get to 9 wins and it didn't look good.

We beat a crappy Pat's team and we are all.of a sudden making noise right?

I think if we beat Seattle, we will be making noise. Right, Vegas has us at 6.5, so 9 wins and a playoff win would-be an overachievement. It is going to be hard to get to 9 wins. Tough schedule remaining.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If harris is going to start being overly involved and picking the coaches, why is snyder gone.

Successful teams don't operate like that Dean. Have you ever seen a successful team function?

You want harris to get involved and either strip Rivera of gm duties or promote EB.

that wasnt directed at you.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we beat Seattle, we will be making noise. Right, Vegas has us at 6.5, so 9 wins and a playoff win would-be an overachievement. It is going to be hard to get to 9 wins. Tough schedule remaining.
So .500 is making noise..okie dokie

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wasnt directed at you.
Who do you want the GM to be in 2024?

Not sure you ever said your personal preference.
Do you want the KC guy, somebody else,or the coach centric model with EB?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want the GM to be in 2024?

Not sure you ever said your personal preference.
Do you want the KC guy, somebody else,or the coach centric model with EB?

Not sure yet

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define succeed?

Being 4-5 and being 19th in overall offense isn't ideal.

I like howells progression but EB is not as good as Ben Johnson and you know that.

You never see the big picture Dean. It's not all about Sam howell...geez
Why is Ben Johnson better than EB?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Ben Johnson better than EB?
Because that is what the numbers say.

In 2021, the Detroit offense was 25th in the league with averaging 19 points a game.

After Johnson became OC in 2022, Detroit finished 5th in the league in offense with averaging 27 points a game. Currently, Detroit is ranked 9th in the league at 25 points a game after 9 weeks.

Jared Goffs production skyrocketed after Johnson became OC. His qb rating in 2021 was 91.5 and jumped to 99 in 2022 and sits at 96 in 2023.

The Detroit overall record has clearly been impacted by Johnson as well.

2021 = 3-13
2022 = 9-8
2023 = 6-2

EB has done well, but there isn't the same type of jump on offense. This is why I believe Johnson is better.

2022 = 19 points a game (24)
2023 = 21 pts a game (18th)

I would argue that WSH might have the better offensive personnel as well, so I don't think talent is the issue. It could be a wash actually.

The argument in question was Dean told me we "cannot let EB go" and that "we can't break EB and Howell" up. I don't want to crown EB and Howell the next Reid/Mahomes or Bellichek/Brady. They could be, but not after 10 games.
I don't think EB should hold the organization hostage either and give orders to harris. In other words, if the new GM hires EB...great. if he doesn't, then we move on.

I don't think harris needs to start picking coaches and allowing EB to run the organization. The GM should be put in first. These are my personal thoughts and they were clearly disagreed with. I don't want another snyder type owner.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling Dallas gets us twice. Hope not. I don't see one layup moving forward.
Keep in mind Dallas was a full capacity during the final regular season game with something to play for. A little unknown QB (according to RR) played very sound and beat Dallas in his first action as NFL starter.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that is what the numbers say.

In 2021, the Detroit offense was 25th in the league with averaging 19 points a game.

After Johnson became OC in 2022, Detroit finished 5th in the league in offense with averaging 27 points a game. Currently, Detroit is ranked 9th in the league at 25 points a game after 9 weeks.

Jared Goffs production skyrocketed after Johnson became OC. His qb rating in 2021 was 91.5 and jumped to 99 in 2022 and sits at 96 in 2023.

The Detroit overall record has clearly been impacted by Johnson as well.

2021 = 3-13
2022 = 9-8
2023 = 6-2

EB has done well, but there isn't the same type of jump on offense. This is why I believe Johnson is better.

2022 = 19 points a game (24)
2023 = 21 pts a game (18th)

I would argue that WSH might have the better offensive personnel as well, so I don't think talent is the issue. It could be a wash actually.

The argument in question was Dean told me we "cannot let EB go" and that "we can't break EB and Howell" up. I don't want to crown EB and Howell the next Reid/Mahomes or Bellichek/Brady. They could be, but not after 10 games.
I don't think EB should hold the organization hostage either and give orders to harris. In other words, if the new GM hires EB...great. if he doesn't, then we move on.

I don't think harris needs to start picking coaches and allowing EB to run the organization. The GM should be put in first. These are my personal thoughts and they were clearly disagreed with. I don't want another snyder type owner.
I don't care what dean said, I have told you that before.

Unlike you I am not advocating for one person. That's just a way to set yourself up if they go in a direction that you didn't favor.

That is my choice ... of course you are welcome to have yours.

It was an honest question. I have Johnson's name tossed around. I watched them against the Raiders and though ehhh .. but that is only one game.

While giving all your reasons did you mention EB has been OC of two SB winners?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, im holding on. With the oline changes we put up back to back 400 yard offensive performances. Why give up on my predation at 4-5? Sunday will tell us alot.
FWIW, PFF said the line really isn’t much better than it was. The real change has been play calling and the qb improving by not freezing in the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is a question for ya. Suppose Harris hires your guy from KC and he says he wants RR as is HC could you handle that? As far as EB maybe he is starting to prove he can be an OC but that in no way says he can be a good HC.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question for ya. Suppose Harris hires your guy from KC and he says he wants RR as is HC could you handle that? As far as EB maybe he is starting to prove he can be an OC but that in no way says he can be a good HC.
I could handle that but would be confused. It is Rivera the GM that has driven me crazy more than Rivera the coach.

That being said, the numbers are what they are with rivera and his coaching.

It would be a grave mistake.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what dean said, I have told you that before.

Unlike you I am not advocating for one person. That's just a way to set yourself up if they go in a direction that you didn't favor.

That is my choice ... of course you are welcome to have yours.

It was an honest question. I have Johnson's name tossed around. I watched them against the Raiders and though ehhh .. but that is only one game.

While giving all your reasons did you mention EB has been OC of two SB winners?
Like I have said, I am more worried about the GM. It's the GMs call to make. We have to nail the GM in my opinion.

I want the GM to make the call. If it is EB, it sounds good to me.

I like Johnson and he would be my preference but I am not married to it and will support whomever we hire. I think Johnson is special but that is my opinion.
If we don't hire him, I will not be devastated or anything.

I personally don't think we need to hire EB automatically as has been suggested. It my opinion that a portion of our fans get overly excited about a coach or player and then logic goes out the window. I was like this with RG3.

Good question on EB and the chiefs. Having lived in KC for a number of years, listened to their sports talk radio for years, and knowing people who are very familiar with the organization, the impression I got was that they didn't mind him leaving. It was always known that Reid was the playcaller and was the mastermind behind the audience. EB carried out reids orders and was the hype guy as a good friend told me.

You are correct that he was the OC of the team, but it was in name only as chiefs fans have personally advised me. I welcome any correction from any chiefs fan on the hoop.

I am blessed with good friends...I admit that. I am cursed in that most of them are chiefs fans...lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have said, I am more worried about the GM. It's the GMs call to make. We have to nail the GM in my opinion.

I want the GM to make the call. If it is EB, it sounds good to me.

I like Johnson and he would be my preference but I am not married to it and will support whomever we hire. I think Johnson is special but that is my opinion.
If we don't hire him, I will not be devastated or anything.

I personally don't think we need to hire EB automatically as has been suggested. It my opinion that a portion of our fans get overly excited about a coach or player and then logic goes out the window. I was like this with RG3.

Good question on EB and the chiefs. Having lived in KC for a number of years, listened to their sports talk radio for years, and knowing people who are very familiar with the organization, the impression I got was that they didn't mind him leaving. It was always known that Reid was the playcaller and was the mastermind behind the audience. EB carried out reids orders and was the hype guy as a good friend told me.

You are correct that he was the OC of the team, but it was in name only as chiefs fans have personally advised me. I welcome any correction from any chiefs fan on the hoop.

I am blessed with good friends...I admit that. I am cursed in that most of them are chiefs fans...lol
I don't think EB should be automatic, You and I have had this discussion in the past. We are both looking for a GM that can get a good coach as well as other GM duties.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think EB should be automatic, You and I have had this discussion in the past. We are both looking for a GM that can get a good coach as well as other GM duties.
Yup...if EB is it...lets roll. GM first and make it good!

Who is your horse or if harris asked you who to interview, who is it for GM?

Truth be told, I think we have a good ownership group. I would love to have lunch with harris, magic and rales. They are probably down to earth folks who would be pleasant to be around.

I doubt snyder would ever had lunch with a fan. He would have insisted his goons and button men were hovering everywhere. I doubt one would get a handshake.

Harris and group would probably tell jokes, ask about you, and generally care. I am sure your brother was required to say the snyder pledge whenever he went to work.