• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final 53 - Take your shot!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ginn play was very unfortunate; but, it was called accurately regardless of whether it was called outside the "spirit" of the rule.

As for Crabtree's OOB call, I've never film that shows conclusively that he was in bounds and Crabtree at times can be oblivious to where he is on the field.

True on both accounts, but I don't care if the calls were right, I want TDs and wins! ;) Oh well, we'll get some more this year, hopefully a few TDs and a win on February 3.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True on both accounts, but I don't care if the calls were right, I want TDs and wins! ;) Oh well, we'll get some more this year, hopefully a few TDs and a win on February 3.

Oh I expect an across the board measurable increase in our offensive stats

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ginn play was very unfortunate; but, it was called accurately regardless of whether it was called outside the "spirit" of the rule.

As for Crabtree's OOB call, I've never film that shows conclusively that he was in bounds and Crabtree at times can be oblivious to where he is on the field.

There was a replay that actually showed Crabs never stepping out of bounds. Can't find anything on youtube or nfl films yet... but Crabs did not.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a replay that actually showed Crabs never stepping out of bounds. Can't find anything on youtube or nfl films yet... but Crabs did not.

Cool, should you come across the replay definitely post it. As I recall the game was blacked out and that impacted the number of cameras used to cover that particular game which is why there was never a conclusive replay shown during the game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, should you come across the replay definitely post it. As I recall the game was blacked out and that impacted the number of cameras used to cover that particular game which is why there was never a conclusive replay shown during the game.

exactly... that's why it couldn't be challenged or reviewed by upstairs... i remember something along the lines, "There was no cameras functioning..." by the ref.

But one of the replays did show Crabtree having a good space from out of bounds.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #49ers have waived/injured TE Nate Byham: i guess dobbs it is

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember them showing an angle from maybe the opposite endzone or one of those cameras on a wire, where it didn't seem like Crabtree stepped out. But when they showed the back camera and the line, it was pretty clear that he stepped on the line.

My memory may not be perfect, but that is how I remember it.. :photo:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game and at that end of endzone and know for a fact he never stepped out. I understand people say stuff like this all the time and if i could post pics from phone id post them but itll have to wait

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game and at that end of endzone and know for a fact he never stepped out. I understand people say stuff like this all the time and if i could post pics from phone id post them but itll have to wait

My comment was just to say that cameras can lie, like how I mentioned the one angle they showed on TV made it seem like he never stepped on the line but then they showed another angle where it looked like he did. Since guys like you say he never did step on the line because you were there, I'd take that testimony over a camera which isn't always clear. Haha, unless you drank a whole keg of beer, then I'm not taking your word for it :)

Anyway, not like it really matters since the 49ers won anyways.. :D

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was just to say that cameras can lie, like how I mentioned the one angle they showed on TV made it seem like he never stepped on the line but then they showed another angle where it looked like he did. Since guys like you say he never did step on the line because you were there, I'd take that testimony over a camera which isn't always clear. Haha, unless you drank a whole keg of beer, then I'm not taking your word for it :)

Anyway, not like it really matters since the 49ers won anyways.. :D

As I recall from the reviews offered after the play, on one replay it looked as if he did step oob, then from another angle it looked as if he did not step oob, thus inconclusive. Ultimately, he was very close to the line and I've never seen any evidence to break the tie between "he did" & "no he didn't".

At the end of the day, all that matters is that we won - (I read that somewhere.) ;)

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Byham gone Mario gets 82 Back!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Byham is gone and Dobbs being moved to TE #3... what does this mean on Dobbs as a 34 DE?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Byham is gone and Dobbs being moved to TE #3... what does this mean on Dobbs as a 34 DE?

I doubt it changes much from the last few weeks. He doesn't get a ton of snaps on either side, so it shouldn't be an issue, imho.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it changes much from the last few weeks. He doesn't get a ton of snaps on either side, so it shouldn't be an issue, imho.

That's what concerns me in a sense for Dobbs progression/growth as a DE. I thought good things were to come from last year, so I hope the potential/talent is still there for him.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what concerns me in a sense for Dobbs progression/growth as a DE. I thought good things were to come from last year, so I hope the potential/talent is still there for him.

Oh, I see. There was a blurb from Harbaugh about that. He thought it could actually help Dobbs as a DE to know what the offense and TE's were thinking/trying to accomplish.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. There was a blurb from Harbaugh about that. He thought it could actually help Dobbs as a DE to know what the offense and TE's were thinking/trying to accomplish.

That makes sense.. can't question Harbaugh on that approach. A little weak in my mind but he knows what he's doing.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a long year for every team with the replacement refs. I foresee many gmaes being lost because of the ineptness of the refs calls and challenges, etc..

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a long year for every team with the replacement refs. I foresee many gmaes being lost because of the ineptness of the refs calls and challenges, etc..

Won't see a change unless one of the league and media favorites lose a game because of the replacements screwing up.

Let's say they screw up and help the Packers win at Lambeau... nobody is going to care. but, if they screw up and help the 49ers win all hell is going to break loose in the media. They'll put so much pressure on the NFL to get the "real refs" back that they'll probably reach an agreement within a day or two.

Like Instant Replay, they didn't give a fuck when not having it helped the Packers to 2 Super Bowls, but man did they flip out when Rice fumbled.

Kinda why I don't hold it against all of these retarded Packer fans for not remembering the games in 1996 or 1997, I recognize that they're all idiots anyways and only believe what the media tells them... so since the media ignored those bad calls the Packer fans don't even know they happened. But they all know about the Rice fumble, because of how much ESPN lost it's shit over that call.

Last edited by a moderator: