• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final 53 - Take your shot!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what time is the deadline (too lazy to look it up myself :ohwell:)

Monday, I think 4 PM EST, but not sure about the time exactly, because I'm lazy, too. I read it on the ESPN NFC West Blog somewhere.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday, I think 4 PM EST, but not sure about the time exactly, because I'm lazy, too. I read it on the ESPN NFC West Blog somewhere.

thanks MHSL that sounds about right. Ill be on twitter so ill see the cuts as they are reported

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
how much better is Cartwright over Dixon on Special Teams? if Jacobs is dinged again, who will be the 'big back'? nobody really, but wouldn't Dixon be the closest?

i thought Ian Williams played well today.

next cut down will be REALLY tough.

try as i might, couldn't see much on Looney? he played both RG and LG right?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting about looking at Looney. I think he must be doing well. I saw his name once and that was after a play.

Fox guys were impressed with our depth.

Didn't like that Peyton was driving up on us like he did... i know our def wasn't playing with a full deck but still. Let's get this preseason over with and start the season already!!!

has Manningham got onto the field yet? did i miss an injury?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has Manningham got onto the field yet? did i miss an injury?

He has something up, a little nick in camp that they never gave us details about. Did he even make the trip to Denver?

No he didn't make the trip his grandfather died either Thursday or Friday so he as been with his family.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much better is Cartwright over Dixon on Special Teams? if Jacobs is dinged again, who will be the 'big back'? nobody really, but wouldn't Dixon be the closest?

i thought Ian Williams played well today.

next cut down will be REALLY tough.

After the way Dixon played yesterday I am wondering the same. If Dixon is close to Rock on S/T I think Dixon should get the nod since he is well liked younger and probably a better inside runner.

I don't believe we can cut Williams with the depth at nose we will have next year with Soap and RJF UFA and RJF still not being stout enough IMO to play nose on a full time bases

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gracias x2...

join the discussions/debates... become a voice!!! :usa2:

No prob Calamity and yea I've been picking topics that I have an opinion on or knowledge about. I'm no ChrisPozz (but really who is?) but I'm making a effort this year to be involved in the community this year. It also help that I turned on auto login since the biggest reason I wouldn't post was because I was to lazy to sign in :whoo:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way Dixon played yesterday I am wondering the same. If Dixon is close to Rock on S/T I think Dixon should get the nod since he is well liked younger and probably a better inside runner.

I don't believe we can cut Williams with the depth at nose we will have next year with Soap and RJF UFA and RJF still not being stout enough IMO to play nose on a full time bases

I think ATM I still take Rock over Dixon. I actually see Rock being a better runner than Dixon. Obviously not big enough but a better runner.

Plus we have Jacobs to consider.

I would luv to keep Dixon, but obviously there's not enough spots.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dixon has the body to run inside, but he seems to run a little high. just doesn't have that low center of gravity. but 90% of the time he's trying to be barry sanders so its hard to tell.

someone needs to show dixon some emmitt smith videos or something.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ATM I still take Rock over Dixon. I actually see Rock being a better runner than Dixon. Obviously not big enough but a better runner.

I believe we showcased Dixon yesterday for the benefit of other teams. I don't think we keep him but I do think he helped his case to not be a FA for very long.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is how I feel as well. Both are probably equal on special teams, but rock looks better as a running back, so that gives him the edge in my mind.

Since Dixon isn't likely to become anything more than a ST guy, I don't care about the age argument, I don't see dixon sticking around for years to come, he will always be on the chopping block.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is how I feel as well. Both are probably equal on special teams, but rock looks better as a running back, so that gives him the edge in my mind.

Since Dixon isn't likely to become anything more than a ST guy, I don't care about the age argument, I don't see dixon sticking around for years to come, he will always be on the chopping block.

if they're about equal on ST's....IF, i'd keep Dixon for short yardage (backing up Jacobs) and not worry about who runs better. cause neither of these guys will be asked to run the ball after Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, and James.

now if Dixon isn't the next best short yardage guy - whether doesn't run strong or ball security - then forget it altogether.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I find this discussion of Dixon vs Cartwright very interesting. I have been going back and forth in my mind as to which one of them should the Niners keep as part of the 53 man roster. The most compelling factor, IMO, that should be considered is which of the 2 has more versatility because 53 is not the numer that the team will be focusing on when deciding but 45 because that is the number of players allowed to suit up per game. With tha tnumber in mind, I believe Dixon has the edge over Cartwright seeing as though Dixon can play ST, Short yardage, and also practice and lines up at FB. This allows the team to carry another player in the 45 that can help in other places.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe Dixon has the edge over Cartwright seeing as though Dixon can play ST, Short yardage, and also practice and lines up at FB. This allows the team to carry another player in the 45 that can help in other places.

Does Dixon really provide more over Cartwright, to the point that it saves a roster spot? Both are good on ST. Dixon has a slight edge as far as versatility based on his limited reps at FB this summer, but was he effective in that role? I think Cartwright has shown he's a more explosive runner.

I know neither would touch the ball ideally, but watching their style of play makes me prefer Cartwright.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they're about equal on ST's....IF, i'd keep Dixon for short yardage (backing up Jacobs) and not worry about who runs better. cause neither of these guys will be asked to run the ball after Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, and James.

now if Dixon isn't the next best short yardage guy - whether doesn't run strong or ball security - then forget it altogether.

Worse case scenario for short yardage... we'll send in the Ice Box......
get it get it?????? :cell:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No prob Calamity and yea I've been picking topics that I have an opinion on or knowledge about. I'm no ChrisPozz (but really who is?) but I'm making a effort this year to be involved in the community this year. It also help that I turned on auto login since the biggest reason I wouldn't post was because I was to lazy to sign in :whoo:

ChrisPozz. I hope all your questions are this easy, maybe I could get some of them right.