• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final 53 - Take your shot!

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Happy Cut Day fellas but we all know what this day holds in store.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just read an article where LMJ didn't do well catching punts?

Didn't do well is far too generous. He was awful. Just terrible. I think he had three punts that he attempted to catch hit the ground. He got them all back, but that was as much luck as anything. No way we can trust him back there at any point this season. Pretty much assures Williams a spot.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read an article where LMJ didn't do well catching punts?

He looked good on kickoff returns, but not punt returns. I wouldn't mind seeing LMJ and Jenkins returning kickoffs and Williams or Cox returning punts if Ginn is cut. It seems kinda doubtful that Ginn will be cut though, because his contract is small enough that you could justify his spot on the team with his contribution on special teams and to a lesser extent at WR.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't do well is far too generous. He was awful. Just terrible. I think he had three punts that he attempted to catch hit the ground. He got them all back, but that was as much luck as anything. No way we can trust him back there at any point this season. Pretty much assures Williams a spot.

Good - I am looking for Williams (if he can keep his emotions in check) to have a big season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good - I am looking for Williams (if he can keep his emotions in check) to have a big season.

I sure hope so. Despite last year's debacle, I really like Williams. He's got great burst and shiftiness. He can threaten from anywhere on the field, and that's something we could certainly improve upon (though Hunter's improvement and adding LMJ and Jenkins should help with this). I'm very interested to see what our first string offense does next week.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. Despite last year's debacle, I really like Williams. He's got great burst and shiftiness. He can threaten from anywhere on the field, and that's something we could certainly improve upon (though Hunter's improvement and adding LMJ and Jenkins should help with this). I'm very interested to see what our first string offense does next week.

Yep, Yep, Yep - Exactly! I'm not sure how much work GB did for their defense this off-season but I would think the first game should be advantage 49ers offense.

There can be no question that two components of our offensive game plan in '12 will be to stretch the field and have Smith take fewer sacks in favor of him taking more risks - Some that won't work out, but hopefully most will.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have heard GB's D has looked shaky in the preseason, but so has ours. Not aware of many additions other than the draft, though, and they're starting a rookie OLB who is making the move from DE, so hopefully we can exploit that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have heard GB's D has looked shaky in the preseason, but so has ours. Not aware of many additions other than the draft, though, and they're starting a rookie OLB who is making the move from DE, so hopefully we can exploit that.

seems for us, it'll come down to how much pass rush we can apply? doesn't necessarily mean a lot of sacks, but enough pressure. think we can keep them from running effectively?

can't see their 32nd ranked defense all of a sudden be stout? so think we'll score our share of points this game, granted..........please score more TD's than FG's.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aaron Rodgers is the one and only thing that scares me in that game. Well, Aaron Rodgers and his receivers. Not too worried about the D, and the run game doesn't concern me at all (even though Cedric Benson is theoretically my #3 fantasy back; ugh).

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is the one and only thing that scares me in that game. Well, Aaron Rodgers and his receivers. Not too worried about the D, and the run game doesn't concern me at all (even though Cedric Benson is theoretically my #3 fantasy back; ugh).

Agreed on Rodgers- its very difficult to defend a perfectly thrown pass. Right defense, tight coverage, good pressure and it can all be erased with a Rodgers' pinpoint pass.

I've got Benson as a #3 or #4 fantasy back as well. Certainly won't be starting week 1!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed on Rodgers- its very difficult to defend a perfectly thrown pass. Right defense, tight coverage, good pressure and it can all be erased with a Rodgers' pinpoint pass.

I've got Benson as a #3 or #4 fantasy back as well. Certainly won't be starting week 1!

RBs evaporated in my league. Just insane. I'm in good shape at QB with Brady (picked 7th, big-three RBs, Johnson, Megatron, and Rodgers all gone) and WR, but RB is pretty rough and at TE I'm living on a prayer. RB seems bad for everyone this year, though. Even the guy with Foster and Lynch doesn't look like he's in great shape, and that's about as good as it gets in our league heading into the season. I reached a bit for Hunter - in retrospect, should have taken Wilson there and drafted Hunter next round as I have Bradshaw and Hunter's ADP is crazy low - but I've got a feeling he's our #1 by the end of the year and didn't want to lose out on him. My one concession, maybe ever, to 49ers homerishness on draft day.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has been getting work at TE and moved around. I think that keeps him on the squad.

I figure Looney is the victim of Dobbs' injury. Since Dobbs will likely miss a couple weeks, that means we need a DL/OLB (Bakhtiari) and a TE (Reuland).

When Dobbs is healthy, I would cut at least one of those two and elevate Looney from the PS to the active roster.

I was looking for a way to cut Brock after last weeks performance, but I can't see us going into the season with only 4 CBs. Keeping a safety that isn't a tweener leaves us too shallow at CB. I would hate to have to pick up a CB off the street midseason that is worse than Brock, and unfamiliar with our defense. He makes the roster as part of a numbers game more than anything else.

Thanks for the responses, I've been a little tied up recently. Guess we'll have the whole picture soon.