• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fields v Caleb

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Williams is playing that poorly with all the weapons he has. The Bears OL isn't that bad, either... yeesh. The announcers last night talking about: "He really misses Williams right now" I was like, "BITCH he has Kmet, Odunze, and Moore..." If you can't figure it out with that, good lord.
“nOt ThAt BaD”

10th overall pick and supposed to be their best lineman. Dude doesn’t even yell Look Out!

Let’s rush to judge a rookie QB after 8 quarters. Sounds like sound decision making.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“nOt ThAt BaD”

10th overall pick and supposed to be their best lineman. Dude doesn’t even yell Look Out!

Let’s rush to judge a rookie QB after 8 quarters. Sounds like sound decision making.

lol oh God that's pretty bad. Well at least he stuck his arm out... :pound:

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Fields at Ohio State, I didn't think he would do well without some good coaching. Ohio State doesn't really run an offense that carries over to the NFL for QB's (Stroud being an exception so far.)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Fields at Ohio State, I didn't think he would do well without some good coaching. Ohio State doesn't really run an offense that carries over to the NFL for QB's (Stroud being an exception so far.)
Stroud is coachable. He seems to truly pay attention. He listened to his coaches at OSU and quickly peppered open receivers. Then I think he listened to his agent and showcased some things in his final game that the OSU coaches weren't asking for. Now he looks like he's listening to his Houston coaches.

Fields complained about his coaches in Chicago, saying they just needed to let him be himself and not complicate things.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“nOt ThAt BaD”

At least he didn't stub his toe

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we get another week of this, since Wilson’s not practicing!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we get another week of this, since Wilson’s not practicing!
Wilson will keep milking it. No reason he will earn it back if Fields keeps winning

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's funny.
Fields is a great game manager. I don’t think he’s terrible as a QB, but his inability to anticipate on his throws means he won’t ever be anything more than a game manager.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud is coachable. He seems to truly pay attention. He listened to his coaches at OSU and quickly peppered open receivers. Then I think he listened to his agent and showcased some things in his final game that the OSU coaches weren't asking for. Now he looks like he's listening to his Houston coaches.

Fields complained about his coaches in Chicago, saying they just needed to let him be himself and not complicate things.
To be fair, chicago hasn’t had a quality coaching staff since Lovie. And we fired him after a 10-6 season. Our front office is horrible.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Fields continues to play and turns that 6th rounder into a 4th.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, chicago hasn’t had a quality coaching staff since Lovie. And we fired him after a 10-6 season. Our front office is horrible.
I can’t remember was he coaching them in the Grossman SB year? That in itself is an accomplishment

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t remember was he coaching them in the Grossman SB year? That in itself is an accomplishment
Yep. That defense was stacked though. Had Mike Brown and Tommie Harris stayed healthy (Harris looked like Aaron Donald before Aaron Donald until he hurt his knee) they would’ve crushed the colts in the Super Bowl.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That defense was stacked though. Had Mike Brown and Tommie Harris stayed healthy (Harris looked like Aaron Donald before Aaron Donald until he hurt his knee) they would’ve crushed the colts in the Super Bowl.
Yeah great defense indeed. I believe it was a few years before that when Dilfer was aided by a supreme defense for a SB victory.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you bench Fields if he goes 3 and 0
I don't think there's any way you can put Russ in unless Fields starts turning the ball over and costs them games their defense is winning. Entirely possible, for sure, but Fields at least gives them a guy that can bust off a couple runs and scare teams with his legs. Russ no longer has that in his arsenal like he did in his early years. Neither guy will consistently win you games passing the ball so the Steelers have to rely on great defense and try to squeak out wins. Not a great formula in the modern NFL but their hands are tied and it just is what it is.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“nOt ThAt BaD”

Yeah, for all the talk of how they bolstered the Oline in the off-season, it just looks awful at this point and they don't have the playcaller that can overcome that. The Texans were in Williams' lap in under 2 seconds all night long. Even veteran QBs struggle in that circumstance. Also, they can't run the ball at all. So they can't run block or pass block, bad combination. Long season though and maybe they turn it around but they are probably dreading 2 games vs, the Lions and Hutchinson and 2 games vs. Brian Flores' pressure packages. Over the next few weeks, they get to face some shitty teams that might give them some confidence though so they have that.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any way you can put Russ in unless Fields starts turning the ball over and costs them games their defense is winning. Entirely possible, for sure, but Fields at least gives them a guy that can bust off a couple runs and scare teams with his legs. Russ no longer has that in his arsenal like he did in his early years. Neither guy will consistently win you games passing the ball so the Steelers have to rely on great defense and try to squeak out wins. Not a great formula in the modern NFL but their hands are tied and it just is what it is.
Fields has really improved his game when it comes to turning the ball over. It comes at the expense of making plays with his arm though. He needs to see a guy wide open before he throws it so it leads to a lot of holding onto the ball, giving up sacks or turning passing plays into running plays. For defending him, just sit in a zone and force him to beat you with his arm and you'll be able to limit their offense pretty easily, especially at the ends of halves. Anyone can win when the defense is allowing less than 10 points per game. Steelers fans will be frustrated if they've got to score 24+ to win a game, unless it comes on the back of takeaways or big special teams plays.

All that said, Fields is a great guy. I hope he finds a home there.