• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fields v Caleb

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far...

Fields 30/43 70.0%, 273 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs
4 sacks for 30 yards
22 carries for 84 yards, 0 TDs
2 fumbles
Record: 2-0

Williams
37/66 56.1%, 267 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
9 sacks for 69 yards
10 carries for 59 yards, 0 TDs
1 fumble
Record: 1-1

We'll see how Williams responds to the rough Houston game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far...

4 sacks for 30 yards
2 fumbles

Williams
9 sacks for 69 yards
1 fumble

thanks for all the hard work here.

no teams
no affiliation
no bias
just the facts.
:thumb:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Williams is playing that poorly with all the weapons he has. The Bears OL isn't that bad, either... yeesh. The announcers last night talking about: "He really misses Williams right now" I was like, "BITCH he has Kmet, Odunze, and Moore..." If you can't figure it out with that, good lord.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are being ultra conservative with Fields. Not calling plays where he can gamble much. So long as the defense keeps the opposition under 20pts, I doubt that will change much. Tomlin is content with winning ugly & not taking any chances. They'll do fine against lesser competition, but they aren't fooling any of the top teams.

As for Fields. He's playin great. Doing his job at a high level. He had nothing to do with the reason why the Steelers offense disappeared in the 2nd half yesterday. Penalties negated all of his biggest plays of the day. 1 more TD, and 80+ more yards would have made his stats look a lot better.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...If you guys are serious about this debate I can tell you this definitively:

Caleb Williams is not handling the pressure well at all right now...and there's a TON of it.

BUT...When teams sit back in zone and don't bring extra blitzers, he does make plays.

We waited for YEARS for both Trubisky and Fields to expose zone coverage and it never happened. It was almost comical how bad they processed.

Better blocking and more reps, a better feel for NFL speed and coverages, and Williams is far superior a quarterback than Fields.

This has the potential to be a comical comparison by the end of next year.

Just sayin'.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Williams is playing that poorly with all the weapons he has. The Bears OL isn't that bad, either... yeesh. The announcers last night talking about: "He really misses Williams right now" I was like, "BITCH he has Kmet, Odunze, and Moore..." If you can't figure it out with that, good lord.
You obviously haven't watched either game. Why Williams is suffering is the bad o line play. Bears cannot run the ball, something that if the O line would block, could block would help the young rook tremendously. The pressure the O line is giving up, has led to many forced throws and couple that with 2 dropped TD passes, literally in their two hands and dropped.... One in each game hasn't helped the confidence either. And one bad RG seems to have issues with the snap count continuously even though HE"S the one tapping the Center to snap the ball.... Go figure. I've seen the Bears "new" Center on his ass twice, in each game on pass pro... When have you ever seen a Center knocked on his ass in pass protection? He continually misses stunts, literally lets the looper through without touching him, its rather amazing. Rush 5 against the O line, the cannot block it, someone is coming free. The O line is a mess.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...If you guys are serious about this debate I can tell you this definitively:

Caleb Williams is not handling the pressure well at all right now...and there's a TON of it.

BUT...When teams sit back in zone and don't bring extra blitzers, he does make plays.

We waited for YEARS for both Trubisky and Fields to expose zone coverage and it never happened. It was almost comical how bad they processed.

Better blocking and more reps, a better feel for NFL speed and coverages, and Williams is far superior a quarterback than Fields.

Just sayin'.
It's dumb to compare.

Jordan love would've looked like shit his first year and he's top 10 QB now

If he's still doing this near end of year 2, might be time to worry a little. I'm also not sure he's got best coaching staff to succeed.

Caleb also needs to learn to he can't get away with some of stuff he did in college.

But bears need upgrades to the OL .

Should be good at Wr. I'm not as high on kmet as some bear fans but he's good option.

But far too early.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's dumb to compare.

Jordan love would've looked like shit his first year and he's top 10 QB now

If he's still doing this near end of year 2, might be time to worry a little. I'm also not sure he's got best coaching staff to succeed.

Caleb also needs to learn to he can't get away with some of stuff he did in college.

But bears need upgrades to the OL .

Should be good at Wr. I'm not as high on kmet as some bear fans but he's good option.

But far too early.
Love was the 26th pick. Better to compare Fields’ start with that of other #1s overall who immediately started: Bryce Young, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far...

4 sacks for 30 yards
2 fumbles

Williams
9 sacks for 69 yards
1 fumble

That Bears O line will get Williams on IR before long

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love was the 26th pick. Better to compare Fields’ start with that of other #1s overall who immediately started: Bryce Young, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray.
Fields was 12 and everyone knew he was raw

I'm sure you mean Williams though. Sure, but it's week 2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far...

4 sacks for 30 yards
2 fumbles

Williams
9 sacks for 69 yards
1 fumble

Wow it isn't even close. That is terrible by the #1 pick. 66 attempts and only 267 yards. Yikes

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin'.
It would be one of the worst #1 picks in a very long time not living up to expectations if he wasn't much better than Fields. I'm sure that will happen but right now I don't think anyone could have anticipated him to play worse. I mean the numbers are atrocious. I still think Jayden will be better but that is another discussion.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin'.
Fields sucks.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's got right coaching infrastructure.
I don't think Chicago has the right coach, but I don't think Williams has the Chicago vibe anyway.

But the Bears are going to a dome, so they're gonna lose their identity in a few years anyway. Maybe he'll be fine there.