• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fields v Caleb

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Caleb didn't screw up badly and lose them a close game.

And neither did Fields. Both were helped by a solid defense, but Caleb was helped much, much more.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Defense dominated & Fields got zero offensive TDs.
I suspect Wilson goes back to starter.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Defense dominated & Fields got zero offensive TDs.
I suspect Wilson goes back to starter.
He didn't exactly kick Wilson to the curb, so yeah. But he very much accomplished what Tomlin would have wanted out of him in a run-heavy offense. I think. Wilson will have a short leash.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't exactly kick Wilson to the curb, so yeah. But he very much accomplished what Tomlin would have wanted out of him in a run-heavy offense. I think. Wilson will have a short leash.
yeah. Neither is ideal.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb will likely be good to very good down the road, imo. But he will have growing pains. He has a way to go. But Fields is just Fields at this point. I doubt he will ever be more than a glorified RB who can throw the odd pass here and there if his first read is open or the odd deep ball. The Steelers offense would likely look better with Mason Rudolph then they did today.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to bump this!

Fields 10/12 with 101 yards and a TD and another four runs for 26 yards through one half.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb will likely be good to very good down the road, imo. But he will have growing pains. He has a way to go. But Fields is just Fields at this point. I doubt he will ever be more than a glorified RB who can throw the odd pass here and there if his first read is open or the odd deep ball. The Steelers offense would likely look better with Mason Rudolph then they did today.

Growing pains? The guy has a decent OL and one of the best WR groups (Moore, Kmet, Odunze, Allen - if healthy) in the league.... growing pains my ass. I called his bitch little Cali ass a bust before he was even drafted. He's slow to throw the football, his footwork his horrible, and he's a prima donna little whiny bitch baby.

In the NFL the routes and timing have to be SUPER crisp... he showed nothing of that in NCAAF.

He's a HIGH ceiling QB with a lot of 'potential' - which has a LOW % to materialize. Sure if it works out great, but I don't think he has the attitude at all to make that work. And then it's the Bears, with one of the worst coaching track records of all time.

Whatever. With the weapons and OL he has the guy should be throwing for 250+ yards and 2TDs+ out of the gates. We'll see what happens tonight.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing pains? The guy has a decent OL and one of the best WR groups (Moore, Kmet, Odunze, Allen - if healthy) in the league.... growing pains my ass. I called his bitch little Cali ass a bust before he was even drafted. He's slow to throw the football, his footwork his horrible, and he's a prima donna little whiny bitch baby.

In the NFL the routes and timing have to be SUPER crisp... he showed nothing of that in NCAAF.

He's a HIGH ceiling QB with a lot of 'potential' - which has a LOW % to materialize. Sure if it works out great, but I don't think he has the attitude at all to make that work. And then it's the Bears, with one of the worst coaching track records of all time.

Whatever. With the weapons and OL he has the guy should be throwing for 250+ yards and 2TDs+ out of the gates. We'll see what happens tonight.
Growing pains because he still has a lot to learn. Far too much hype for these kids coming out of college. He has the tools and weapons but I'm not sure if he will get the coaching he needs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing pains because he still has a lot to learn. Far too much hype for these kids coming out of college. He has the tools and weapons but I'm not sure if he will get the coaching he needs.

I dunno Strangle... the attitude from Caleb struck me wrong. A lot of talent just like Lawrence but both these guys had a fairly arrogant attitude coming into the pro scene. I don't think it works at all... the rest of your team will be fast to quit on you... and while Lawrence has been decent, he's been none of this once every 20 year QBs prospects he was supposed to be.

Also with Williams, there was a LOT of things in his game that he needed to work on. A TON of talent, I get that, but QB is the hardest position to play in all of sports... I don't think he has the mental fortitute.

Hey I'll eat crow after tonight. Just my opinion which is worth shit because I don't work in the NFL nor am I scout.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno Strangle... the attitude from Caleb struck me wrong. A lot of talent just like Lawrence but both these guys had a fairly arrogant attitude coming into the pro scene. I don't think it works at all... the rest of your team will be fast to quit on you... and while Lawrence has been decent, he's been none of this once every 20 year QBs prospects he was supposed to be.

Also with Williams, there was a LOT of things in his game that he needed to work on. A TON of talent, I get that, but QB is the hardest position to play in all of sports... I don't think he has the mental fortitute.

Hey I'll eat crow after tonight. Just my opinion which is worth shit because I don't work in the NFL nor am I scout.
I mostly agree Shark. I never liked all the generational talent talk and the kid does have quite a ways to go. Just never think these kids are unfixable if they get the right teachers. I'm not in these buildings either. Lawrence is in year 4 and getting paid now. He better start showing more soon but with Caleb, he is barely out of the womb so a lot to play out. I'm not sold that he will be great but I think he can be good if he's willing to be coached and gets the right coach. He's got Eberflus and Waldren right now. Woof. Not Reid, Shanahan,McVay, LaFleur, etc. I have to see a lot more than a couple of starts. Like at least a full season, if not more.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree Shark. I never liked all the generational talent talk and the kid does have quite a ways to go. Just never think these kids are unfixable if they get the right teachers. I'm not in these buildings either. Lawrence is in year 4 and getting paid now. He better start showing more soon but with Caleb, he is barely out of the womb so a lot to play out. I'm not sold that he will be great but I think he can be good if he's willing to be coached and gets the right coach. He's got Eberflus and Waldren right now. Woof. Not Reid, Shanahan,McVay, LaFleur, etc. I have to see a lot more than a couple of starts. Like at least a full season, if not more.

Barely out of the womb? He's twenty fuckin' four!

You gotta remember, these guys have to WANT to be coached... I don't care how good your coach is.. if you don't want to improve yourself personally (for nobody else), you wont. Lawrence is in it for the money. That guy has quit written all over him. That extension was absolutely ridiculous. I see more try hard in Daniel Jones at this point.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You gotta remember, these guys have to WANT to be coached... I don't care how good your coach is.. if you don't want to improve yourself personally (for nobody else), you wont. Lawrence is in it for the money. That guy has quit written all over him. That extension was absolutely ridiculous. I see more try hard in Daniel Jones at this point.
Fuck Shark. Barely outta the womb in professional football terms. Jesus man, what is wrong with you today, bro? Relax, ffs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Shark. Barely outta the womb in professional football terms. Jesus man, what is wrong with you today, bro? Relax, ffs.

:eek:

Sorry Strange, didn't meant to come off like that. I get what you were saying. My first comment was taking your joke and then spinning it literally lol, but again I understood what you meant.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of Chicago football I don't think of a guy like Caleb Williams. IMO should have traded the pick to Arizona or somebody. Get Penix (although looks like Atlanta might have sniped him).

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields today 13/20 for 117 yards and 1 TD, 8 runs for 27 yds.

Doesn't show up in the stats, but he had a couple of Fieldsian flails on third down late when they could have iced it (fumbling once that Jaylen Warren recovered) to give Denver a chance.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields today 13/20 for 117 yards and 1 TD, 8 runs for 27 yds.

Doesn't show up in the stats, but he had a couple of Fieldsian flails on third down late when they could have iced it (fumbling once that Jaylen Warren recovered) to give Denver a chance.
A fields led Offense is simply not scary.
Kudos to that Defense however!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fields led Offense is simply not scary.
Kudos to that Defense however!
No turnovers and consistent modest production will keep Tomlin happy. That late fumble on third and five is a black mark.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The womb? LOL!