• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go 11-0, and then go to absolute shit and get bounced right away, I can't imagine Tomlin is gonna just allow status quo, he'll be on that OC to change some stuff up. Maybe they didn't get that many personal changes, but scheme wise, perhaps a few tweaks can cover up some things. Thankfully they've got a QB who can handle tweaks without falling apart
LoL. You don't know how tomlin and pittsburgh rolls, or their plan for this year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know he's been around a long damned time and isn't about to be embarrassed because of coaching, his or his staff's
Tht shows that you dont follow the staff lol.

look theyre duck taping it together. Theyre praying they can do more this year, with less, and get lucky. That things just fall there way this year. They have no other choice. Even canada is from within. Some semi new concepts, but yeah. Nothing ground breaking. Well See.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

look theyre duck taping it together. Theyre praying they can do more this year, with less, and get lucky. That things just fall there way this year. They have no other choice. Even canada is from within. Some semi new concepts, but yeah. Nothing ground breaking. Well See.
Well if that's the case, and Tomlin is just allowing it to happen, my respect for him just took a huge hit

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's the case, and Tomlin is just allowing it to happen, my respect for him just took a huge hit
Well.Its a credit and a fault. He generally never makes drastic changes. To his credit, alot of times everyone thougt big changes needed to happen , he held pat and righted things.

other times hes way too slow. He knows what he wants to do and he has had great success with it. But hes stubborn. As far as the offense goes, we almost always promote within, reasons for that, consistency.

i wont be shocked if they duck tape it and make it work or even excel. But they didnt add pieces and arent changing things majorly schematically. The biggest run game upgrade is going to be having the big ol TE they drafted as an h back in canadas system. None of our running backs were the issue last year. Not even close.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe as a fan, that's how you see it. Believe me, I can relate. But I think I am in Treff's corner in that from my perspective, Tomlin does tend to motivate these guys in the right direction. I wish my coach could take duct tape and get a 12-4 season out of it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams (J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets!) would kill to have a coach like Tomlin.
@SteelersPride as a fan, consider yourself lucky to have watched a great run that Tomlin's Steelers have had.
Just my opinion, bro. :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams (J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets!) would kill to have a coach like Tomlin.
@SteelersPride as a fan, consider yourself lucky to have watched a great run that Tomlin's Steelers have had.
17 years hasn't it been?? And before that Cowher, and Knoll??? Steelers fans have been awfully spoiled with quality, consistent, and reliable head coaching for like 4 decades straight

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly . Im a huge tomlin supporter. I think the fans that wash out on him YEARLY and the media who want him out of town are insane.

Im just pointing out that there are flaws. All coaches except maybe belichick have them. Tomlins major ones are in game adjustments(ugh), and IMO hanging on to coaches and at times players too long.

Regardless hes never regarded as a top 5 coach. The fans call for his head yearly here. Honestly his resume beats paytons, and just about eveyrone but belichick and now maybe reid...i dont know how the heck he isnt a top 5 coach.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 years hasn't it been?? And before that Cowher, and Knoll??? Steelers fans have been awfully spoiled with quality, consistent, and reliable head coaching for like 4 decades straight
yep! absolutely. They were a dumpster fire before knoll, but yeah. Funny when they hired tomlin, he was young and unknown. Everyone was like wtf are they doing.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly . Im a huge tomlin supporter. I think the fans that wash out on him YEARLY and the media who want him out of town are insane.

Im just pointing out that there are flaws. All coaches except maybe belichick have them. Tomlins major ones are in game adjustments(ugh), and IMO hanging on to coaches and at times players too long.

Regardless hes never regarded as a top 5 coach. The fans call for his head yearly here. Honestly his resume beats paytons, and just about eveyrone but belichick and now maybe reid...i dont know how the heck he isnt a top 5 coach.
Belichik has one major flaw...ego...it's what caused him to let Tom walk away and made him believe he could win with Cam friggin Newton...without doing much of anything else

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichik has one major flaw...ego...it's what caused him to let Tom walk away and made him believe he could win with Cam friggin Newton...without doing much of anything else
yeah, true. But its also some of what made him so great, and that organization so great. I mean yeah, that wasnt good. But if thats the worst of it, sign me up, and over tomlin. The run he has had, in this era of the league is insane. Theres been other great coaches, but man, with more parody now a days...insane.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, true. But its also some of what made him so great, and that organization so great. I mean yeah, that wasnt good. But if thats the worst of it, sign me up, and over tomlin. The run he has had, in this era of the league is insane. Theres been other great coaches, but man, with more parody now a days...insane.
After his debacle of a 2020 season, I have a feeling his finer qualities will beat back some of that ego. It won't be long before NE is a force again . Nothing like a quick hard reality check to ground an ego

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think that's a good situation for a rookie to be in. An offense that moves the ball (period) is more likely to have some fruitful redzone opportunities compared to a team that has trouble not going 3-and-out, and struggles to march the offense down field.
So just some numbers for yah.

-Last year the Steelers were 25th in total yards, but 12th most points scored.

-Dead last in rushing, and it wasnt close we beat houston by 110 yards and the lions by 140 yards.

-bottom 5 in rushing tds, would be second to last but claypool had 2.

-last in rushing y/a also.

-From week 7(when they just said screw it) ben avg 46.45 pass attempts per game

-From week 7 on the steelers rushed for 59.9 ypg, 719 yards in 12 games

-Those 12 games, they avg a paltry 17.5 attempts per game, 3.42 y/a

They couldn't run, period. Then they just stopped trying as much. It was truly painful to watch. They abandoned the run, didnt make any adjustments, or heck even try bringing in a lineman or backup, try something. Just get blown up play after play. Meanwhile, Ben's arm was clearly going down big time as the season went on, but his pass attempts kept climbing out of necessity. Sailing passes over guys heads, no zip. Was truly ugly.

So to fix the run game. We promoted from within for the OC. drafted a rb1 in today's game., drafted a TE in the second, and some mid to late round talent

games 1-6

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite your disdain tehwir run games were more effectivw
When the Steelers were dead last, EVERYONES run game was more effective.
Atlanta was 27th, and lost thier leading rusher
Miami was 22nd
ARZ was top ten, entirely because of 800+ yards from the QB, and lost thier leading rusher

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mac Jones pick him up or no?