• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams (J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets!) would kill to have a coach like Tomlin.
@SteelersPride as a fan, consider yourself lucky to have watched a great run that Tomlin's Steelers have had.
Just my opinion, bro. :)
honestly . Im a huge tomlin supporter. I think the fans that wash out on him YEARLY and the media who want him out of town are insane.

Im just pointing out that there are flaws. All coaches except maybe belichick have them. Tomlins major ones are in game adjustments(ugh), and IMO hanging on to coaches and at times players too long.

Regardless hes never regarded as a top 5 coach. The fans call for his head yearly here. Honestly his resume beats paytons, and just about eveyrone but belichick and now maybe reid...i dont know how the heck he isnt a top 5 coach.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 years hasn't it been?? And before that Cowher, and Knoll??? Steelers fans have been awfully spoiled with quality, consistent, and reliable head coaching for like 4 decades straight
yep! absolutely. They were a dumpster fire before knoll, but yeah. Funny when they hired tomlin, he was young and unknown. Everyone was like wtf are they doing.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly . Im a huge tomlin supporter. I think the fans that wash out on him YEARLY and the media who want him out of town are insane.

Im just pointing out that there are flaws. All coaches except maybe belichick have them. Tomlins major ones are in game adjustments(ugh), and IMO hanging on to coaches and at times players too long.

Regardless hes never regarded as a top 5 coach. The fans call for his head yearly here. Honestly his resume beats paytons, and just about eveyrone but belichick and now maybe reid...i dont know how the heck he isnt a top 5 coach.
Belichik has one major flaw...ego...it's what caused him to let Tom walk away and made him believe he could win with Cam friggin Newton...without doing much of anything else

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichik has one major flaw...ego...it's what caused him to let Tom walk away and made him believe he could win with Cam friggin Newton...without doing much of anything else
yeah, true. But its also some of what made him so great, and that organization so great. I mean yeah, that wasnt good. But if thats the worst of it, sign me up, and over tomlin. The run he has had, in this era of the league is insane. Theres been other great coaches, but man, with more parody now a days...insane.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, true. But its also some of what made him so great, and that organization so great. I mean yeah, that wasnt good. But if thats the worst of it, sign me up, and over tomlin. The run he has had, in this era of the league is insane. Theres been other great coaches, but man, with more parody now a days...insane.
After his debacle of a 2020 season, I have a feeling his finer qualities will beat back some of that ego. It won't be long before NE is a force again . Nothing like a quick hard reality check to ground an ego

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think that's a good situation for a rookie to be in. An offense that moves the ball (period) is more likely to have some fruitful redzone opportunities compared to a team that has trouble not going 3-and-out, and struggles to march the offense down field.
So just some numbers for yah.

-Last year the Steelers were 25th in total yards, but 12th most points scored.

-Dead last in rushing, and it wasnt close we beat houston by 110 yards and the lions by 140 yards.

-bottom 5 in rushing tds, would be second to last but claypool had 2.

-last in rushing y/a also.

-From week 7(when they just said screw it) ben avg 46.45 pass attempts per game

-From week 7 on the steelers rushed for 59.9 ypg, 719 yards in 12 games

-Those 12 games, they avg a paltry 17.5 attempts per game, 3.42 y/a

They couldn't run, period. Then they just stopped trying as much. It was truly painful to watch. They abandoned the run, didnt make any adjustments, or heck even try bringing in a lineman or backup, try something. Just get blown up play after play. Meanwhile, Ben's arm was clearly going down big time as the season went on, but his pass attempts kept climbing out of necessity. Sailing passes over guys heads, no zip. Was truly ugly.

So to fix the run game. We promoted from within for the OC. drafted a rb1 in today's game., drafted a TE in the second, and some mid to late round talent

games 1-6

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite your disdain tehwir run games were more effectivw
When the Steelers were dead last, EVERYONES run game was more effective.
Atlanta was 27th, and lost thier leading rusher
Miami was 22nd
ARZ was top ten, entirely because of 800+ yards from the QB, and lost thier leading rusher

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mac Jones pick him up or no?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redraft or keeper?

In a redraft I would stay away from most of this QB class for at least this year. In a keeper/dynasty he would be worth a deep bench spot.

Good point on the draft...

Redraft you have an excellent point as he most likely will on play in one game (if Newton doesn't get hurt)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions cut Kerryon Johnson. Pretty quick fall for the former 2nd round pick..and its isn't like he was terrible. Only 23, he could screw up somebody's depth chart here shortly

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions cut Kerryon Johnson. Pretty quick fall for the former 2nd round pick..and its isn't like he was terrible. Only 23, he could screw up somebody's depth chart here shortly
I vote the Falcons.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would welcome him in pgh, but we have similar already
I vote the Falcons.
you shoosh. I also think mike davis is better than him. May be in the minority, but i do. Think he'd be a solid backup.
Ughh I'd hate it, cause in no leagues did I make a speculative add of Kerryon, hoping he'd end up in ATL...nice fit though
he fits what they do. But he clearly has workload issues. Atl does like a back to take the lead.....if he goes there, see it as a change of pace.

Was there any word on why he was cut? havent looked at anything

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shoosh. I also think mike davis is better than him. May be in the minority, but i do. Think he'd be a solid backup.
I like Davis, but when considering landing spots for Johnson the Falcons look the most inviting.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would welcome him in pgh, but we have similar already

he fits what they do. But he clearly has workload issues. Atl does like a back to take the lead.....if he goes there, see it as a change of pace.

Was there any word on why he was cut? havent looked at anything
I'm guessing the addition of Jamaal Williams was the biggest issue, but other than just a numbers game..no haven't heard anything.

And him vs Mike Davis?? I dunno, tough one IMHO. Kerryon definitely has more years ahead of him...if he can stop getting hurt