• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. In one breathe youre saying they instantly leap frog to the op of the depth chart....then the next its a “possibility”. I get the point that the geams could use an upgrade. But the options listed.....not being a jerk. But it goes hand in hand. Ppl are still hanging on to steelers lev bell. He hasn't done much in years.

i mean, its possible someone signs montee ball and hes the top back too. Hes had basically as much life as bell and gurley at the end of last year.
Uggh...yer missing the point...the entire point is there's three teams the should've drafted a RB, and didn't, they could sign my dead grandma and she could compete for the job...get me???
. Everything else is just me ranting

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, if Miami, ATL, or ARZ should make that mistake and sign one of them, yer damned right I bet they would beat out the schmucks already there. Doesn't mean they'd be any good

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh...yer missing the point...the entire point is there's three teams the should've drafted a RB, and didn't, they could sign my dead grandma and she could compete for the job...get me???
. Everything else is just me ranting
Fair enough.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, if Miami, ATL, or ARZ should make that mistake and sign one of them, yer damned right I bet the would beat out the schmuck already there. Doesn't mean they'd be any good
But again, that was the same story last year. Why would they succeed now?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real draft winners??

L. Bell, T. Gurley, and AP.. Still 3 teams where they could go and dominate the pathetic existing depth charts, shit I'd even add Shady....smdh
Might as well add Frank Gore.
He's still around and kicking, right?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaskin... 4.1 YPC average behind a crap O-Line last season... Just sayin'. Good receiver as well.

But thinking about it, Flores comes from the Bellichick tree. They never really put a premium on the RB position. Trying to think of any "stud" RB they ever really ran with.... Dillon maybe?

The RB position is devalued significantly as we all know. A "stud" RB that drives the team is a rarity. Most are "system" guys that fit with what their team is doing. Again, Gaskin looked good last year IMO. I thought he was a smaller "scat back" type at Washington, but he really battled for yards last season and think he may be a top 10 surprise if he stays healthy.

As for the running game not helping Tua last season? Meh, the truth was closer to, "Defenses disrespected Tua's game last season and made it harder for the running game." IMO...

(I watch a lot of Dolphins games because that's my daughter's team. :) )

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaskin... 4.1 YPC average behind a crap O-Line last season... Just sayin'. Good receiver as well.

But thinking about it, Flores comes from the Bellichick tree. They never really put a premium on the RB position. Trying to think of any "stud" RB they ever really ran with.... Dillon maybe?

The RB position is devalued significantly as we all know. A "stud" RB that drives the team is a rarity. Most are "system" guys that fit with what their team is doing. Again, Gaskin looked good last year IMO. I thought he was a smaller "scat back" type at Washington, but he really battled for yards last season and think he may be a top 10 surprise if he stays healthy.

As for the running game not helping Tua last season? Meh, the truth was closer to, "Defenses disrespected Tua's game last season and made it harder for the running game." IMO...

(I watch a lot of Dolphins games because that's my daughter's team. :) )
Bellichick ALWAYS has RB's...maybe not just 1, but he certainly invests heavily in the position

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellichick ALWAYS has RB's...maybe not just 1, but he certainly invests heavily in the position

I may have said that wrong. I'm not saying he doesn't care about the position, but never really saw him go heavy on it. he got to a point where they were luxury picks when drafted... Even so, he always seemed to end up with a stable of "meh" that fit the Patriots well... He invests in the position, but don't ever recall him ever really going for a stud RB (Again, possible exception being Dillon via FA)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have said that wrong. I'm not saying he doesn't care about the position, but never really saw him go heavy on it. he got to a point where they were luxury picks when drafted... Even so, he always seemed to end up with a stable of "meh" that fit the Patriots well... He invests in the position, but don't ever recall him ever really going for a stud RB (Again, possible exception being Dillon via FA)

I think Sony was his only 1st round RB (I could be wrong about that...Mahoney?)

Dillon and Blount were hogs. James White threw a wrench into most other RB”1” (and Faulk before him).

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sony was his only 1st round RB (I could be wrong about that...Mahoney?)

Dillon and Blount were hogs. James White threw a wrench into most other RB”1” (and Faulk before him).
That's right, Michel was the one I was trying to think of as really the only time I recall Bellichick going RB that early and it was definitely a luxury pick for the Pats at that point.... Even so, it never really seemed like he was ever meant to be some sort of bellcow feature back. Just isn't how they operate. Not sure if Miami is building toward that or not. They certainly seemed to want to have a primary back last season, but that may just be because the didn't have many options?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well going back to his start....

Hoard, Mack, Byner in Cleveland. A. Williams for multiple years, then Dillon, then a first round pick in Maroney who was plagued by injuries, than he started dabbling in these odd ball comiteees, but always invested substantial draft/free agent capital, Woodhead, Fred Taylor.. Ridley and Vareen were 3rd round picks, the same year I believe, or back to back 3 and 4..either way..then Blount falls into his lap...twice, and he's still constantly getting others, Dion Lewis, James White, Steven Jackson, Burkhead...then drafts Michel with a #1, Harris with a #3, and this year, a run at a new Blount in the 4th.

The idea of a singular "stud RB", may have lost value, but the RB position, and it's affect on winning or losing games, has not. And when BB had a good one, he rode him, when he didn't, he realized the deficiency, and was constantly experimenting to find way to make that position productive.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well going back to his start....

Hoard, Mack, Byner in Cleveland. A. Williams for multiple years, then Dillon, then a first round pick in Maroney who was plagued by injuries, than he started dabbling in these odd ball comiteees, but always invested substantial draft/free agent capital, Woodhead, Fred Taylor.. Ridley and Vareen were 3rd round picks, the same year I believe, or back to back 3 and 4..either way..then Blount falls into his lap...twice, and he's still constantly getting others, Dion Lewis, James White, Steven Jackson, Burkhead...then drafts Michel with a #1, Harris with a #3, and this year, a run at a new Blount in the 4th.

The idea of a singular "stud RB", may have lost value, but the RB position, and it's affect on winning or losing games, has not. And when BB had a good one, he rode him, when he didn't, he realized the deficiency, and was constantly experimenting to find way to make that position productive.
OMG Lawrence Maroney... Totally forgot that one! :D

Quite a list...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Lawrence Maroney... Totally forgot that one! :D

Quite a list...

so did my phone auto correct I guess (only Mahoney I know is Police Academy movies)

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahoney was the shit...until the franchise just went to pot

...by the second movie... :D

I still make jokes about the Blue Oyster Bar that nobody gets but me...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put my stance on guys like Gaskins, and teams that refuse to invest in the position, like this...

2+ minutes to go, you've got a one score lead and the ball. Can you turn around and hand the ball off 3 times, and reasonably expect to get a first down or two? Does THAT guy, give you the confidence that you have a better than average shot at getting that first down and winning the game outright rather than punting and hoping the other team doesn't have Aaron Rodgers or "insert stud QB here"
If not, then you should be investing SOMETHING in the position