• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised no one has suggested the prepetrator was a disgruntled Gibson dynasty owner.
season 8 GIF by Portlandia

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be so much easier for him to take the job entirely...
The feel-good value really only lasts for one snap. Nobody's going to try to gift him a touchdown or anything. He still has to be the better player, which is a little harder now, especially for this season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feel-good value really only lasts for one snap. Nobody's going to try to gift him a touchdown or anything. He still has to be the better player, which is a little harder now, especially for this season.
I wanted to say that, but, figured, what's the point? When the Milk has an idea in his head, no amount of common sense or reality matters

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins continue to just be utterly clueless.

The best RB on the team, Sony Michel, cut today. Leaving the oft injured Edmonds who can't be a lead, the always injured Mostert, and 2 of the 3 dudes who couldn't get the job done the year before.

I just don't get the thought process. But it's gotta be $ driven, as this is certainly not a good football decision

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins continue to just be utterly clueless.

The best RB on the team, Sony Michel, cut today. Leaving the oft injured Edmonds who can't be a lead, the always injured Mostert, and 2 of the 3 dudes who couldn't get the job done the year before.

I just don't get the thought process. But it's gotta be $ driven, as this is certainly not a good football decision
This is surprising, and I don't get the thought process either. Not just with Michel, but others.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but have you seen what Justin Jackson has been doing for Detroit in preseason? He's picked up where he left off with the Chargers last year.

The guy is fighting for a 3rd string RB job. I just don't get it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting.

Two takes to be made here: The '9ers don't have faith in Trey Lance.

Orrr....no one would touch Jimmy G with the shoulder and the '9ers didn't wanna give him away for nothing.

49ers restructured Jimmy Garoppolo's contract.​

Per Ian Rapoport, the deal makes Garoppolo the league's highest-paid backup. Garoppolo will be a free agent at the end of the season and he gets no-trade and no-tag claused added to his deal. It's a strange ending to the saga that nearly everyone expected to end with Garoppolo being cut. The move casts doubt on the team's confidence in Trey Lance. Garoppolo's impressive run in 2021 kept Lance on the sidelines for most of his rookie season. He only took the field as a starter when Garoppolo was unavailable. Lance is one of the best athletes at his position, but reports from camp have indicated that he still has improvement to be made as a thrower. On the other hand, the new contract could make it easier to trade Garoppolo, assuming he waives the no-trade clause for the right team. Any team trading for him on the old contract would have taken on his $25 million base salary. At a greatly reduced cost, he is now a far more appealing option for other franchises.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins released RB Sony Michel.​

The move comes as a bit of a surprise. With Raheem Mostert always one play away from an injury, Miami should want a deep rotation of running backs. The cut is a sign that Myles Gaskin and possibly Salvon Ahmed have secured their spots on the roster as backup runners and special teams contributors. With Michel out of the picture, Miami's backfield is narrowed down to a two-back committee of Mostert and Chase Edmonds. In Mike McDaniel's potent rushing scheme, both backs could be viable fantasy options on a weekly basis. Edmonds will lead the way as an RB2 option going in the middle rounds of drafts.

it aint money only making 850000

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenualt gets dealt to the Panthers. In and of itself, not huge news, but once up to speed, Shenualt goes from buried behind 2 pricey free agents and an incumbent starter, possibly others, to likely being the #3 WR.

Might not mean much under Mayfield, but it's better than it was, and hope for next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenualt gets dealt to the Panthers. In and of itself, not huge news, but once up to speed, Shenualt goes from buried behind 2 pricey free agents and an incumbent starter, possibly others, to likely being the #3 WR.

Might not mean much under Mayfield, but it's better than it was, and hope for next year.
I have him in my dynasty so not sure to feel. Hear he gets traded? Great news!!! To the Panthers…..Well fuck

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I hear otherwise, I'm still selling Gibson, buying Robinson..but with no idea on a time table for return, no idea what got hit by bullets- muclse? Bone? Nerves? Zero info...I'd avoid it entirely in a redraft, don't care how desperate I am for RB's. We'd have to be talking last 3 rounds or so, like the last guy before you take a D and a K, before considering either. Very much prefer someone else ends up with that problem this year
I mean this isn't exactly the most encouraging news for this year if they are only optimistic that he can return at some point this year.

Commanders coach Ron Rivera said doctors are optimistic Brian Robinson can return this season.

Robinson was shot in the glute and lower leg in a robbery attempt that occurred over the weekend. He underwent successful surgery and was "in good spirits" the next day. Robinson had turned in a good training camp and was even a strong bet to handle the majority of Washington's between-the-tackles work out of the gate. His season is now put on hold, though the injuries have not changed the arc of his career. Once he returns, Robinson will split the Washington backfield with Antonio Gibson.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting.

Two takes to be made here: The '9ers don't have faith in Trey Lance.

Orrr....no one would touch Jimmy G with the shoulder and the '9ers didn't wanna give him away for nothing.

49ers restructured Jimmy Garoppolo's contract.​

Per Ian Rapoport, the deal makes Garoppolo the league's highest-paid backup. Garoppolo will be a free agent at the end of the season and he gets no-trade and no-tag claused added to his deal. It's a strange ending to the saga that nearly everyone expected to end with Garoppolo being cut. The move casts doubt on the team's confidence in Trey Lance. Garoppolo's impressive run in 2021 kept Lance on the sidelines for most of his rookie season. He only took the field as a starter when Garoppolo was unavailable. Lance is one of the best athletes at his position, but reports from camp have indicated that he still has improvement to be made as a thrower. On the other hand, the new contract could make it easier to trade Garoppolo, assuming he waives the no-trade clause for the right team. Any team trading for him on the old contract would have taken on his $25 million base salary. At a greatly reduced cost, he is now a far more appealing option for other franchises.
Boy this has sent the Tray Lance truthers into a tailspin.

I think the 9ers feel they can get better returns when Jimmy is healthy. Trading him now meant discounting him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best TE that never was

Dawson Knox stock just went UP

TBH I didn't even know they had Howard. Dude has been underachieving for years'

I could see the Browns going after him

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I didn't even know they had Howard. Dude has been underachieving for years'

I could see the Browns going after him
The fact that the Bills were willing to eat his contract is... telling.