• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting...only two RBs on the roster?

The Packers have released RB Patrick Taylor.​

Taylor had spent his whole career with the Packers starting in 2020. He was the favorite to land the Packers' RB3 job, the team now only has two backs on the roster (Aaron Jones and A.J Dillon). This is unusual, the team could opt to bring him back after they place other players on IR tomorrow. Whatever the case, the Packers are certainly in the market for backup running backs.

depp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don’t y’all make a new thread for the year instead of adding to the 2000 pages from 7 years ago lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don’t y’all make a new thread for the year instead of adding to the 2000 pages from 7 years ago lol

No Way What GIF by A24

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not prudent basically the only posts exist from the last page or two
We have lots of threads created here if someone feels a topic is worth starting a thread for they can start one, this thread is just for breaking rumors and news, and if one of those rumors or news turns out worth discussing in depth a thread can be created. A post stating player X got cut and that is surprising isn't necessarily worth a entire thread.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason we keep this one is because it's a sticky thread which means it says in the top section of forum. If we did a new one each year it would be a pain for Harold to unsticky it and then resticky the new one. Besides, then we wouldn't be able to look back over the years and find stuff like this:
Colin Kaepernick: 'I'm not worried about job security'
By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
Colin Kaepernick has taken some wrong turns and ended up in the darkest corner of his NFL career. The 49ers are standing behind their quarterback with the hope he'll find his way out.

Kaepernick struggled mightily in Sunday's 17-3 home loss to the Packers, a setback that followed the worst game of Kaepernick's career -- a four-interception, two pick-six meltdown in a 47-7 loss to the Cardinals in Week 3.
Kaepernick's struggles have been so vast that talk has emerged that he could be benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert, known best as one of the most notorious draft busts in recent memory.

"I don't play for job security," Kaepernick said Wednesday, according to The Sacramento Bee. "Whether football's here or not, I will be fine. I go out, I play to win. I'm not worried about job security when I step in this building."

49ers coach Jim Tomsula said the decision to stick with Kaepernick for Sunday's game against the New York Giants was not influenced by a front office that has invested millions in the quarterback. Tomsula met with his passer this week to discuss how that nightmare day in Arizona may be playing a role in his continue struggles.

"That was something we hit head on," Tomsula said. "... If you are, stop. Can't have it. Can't play that way. And to me, it goes to having the weight of the world on your shoulders"

"I want a confident man, full-bore ahead at that position," Tomsula added. "I believe it's critical. And I believe in the quarterback. I believe in Colin Kaepernick."

The 49ers really have little choice but to believe. If Kaepernick can't find his old spark, the Niners might just be the worst team in the NFL.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason we keep this one is because it's a sticky thread which means it says in the top section of forum. If we did a new one each year it would be a pain for Harold to unsticky it and then resticky the new one. Besides, then we wouldn't be able to look back over the years and find stuff like this:
Exactly!

This is pure gold! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up until his Achilles injury, I would've been right there with ya. But after that, the dude is likely done. There just isn't much success historically in coming back from that one for a RB. Much the same reason that I don't buy into Cam Akers being relevant in LAR. Currently, supposedly, dealing with a 'soft tissue injury", I have zero doubts its related to the Achilles injury, either directly or indirectly, and it'll hound him for at least another year. Dont'a Foreman is currently the only RB I know of with an Achilles injury being relatively successful, and it took that dude 3 years to get there, and he's in no danger of being anything more than a backup

Not a believer in Cam either.

He's definitely in that "Show Me" stage.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders waived RB Jaret Patterson.​

Patterson landed with Washington as an undrafted free agent out of Buffalo and was able to make the roster as a rookie.

Wow. The guy in front of you gets shot and will miss time, and you still get cut.

giphy.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders waived RB Jaret Patterson.​

Patterson landed with Washington as an undrafted free agent out of Buffalo and was able to make the roster as a rookie.

Wow. The guy in front of you gets shot and will miss time, and you still get cut.

giphy.gif

He became a redundant talent, and a lesser one at that, when McKissic came back from Buffalo, but still a little surprising as Robinson assuredly is going to IR (at least 4 games), so WAS could swoop in on a recently cut RB from someone else to fill the void of their thumper.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s not prudent basically the only posts exist from the last page or two
Actually, for most of us on this board, this is a year-long obsession since many (if not all) are in multiple dynasty leagues. There is no end or start to our fantasy seasons.