• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I tried to find a link for all starting RBs during Shanny's tenure. Had a tough time with that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see this as a positive for Mitchell?
Not exactly no, given how he performed previously, and no improvement shown in preseason, I didn't really peg him for eating into Mitchell's touches anyways. Mitchell will still be his own worst enemy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I tried to find a link for all starting RBs during Shanny's tenure. Had a tough time with that.
He's had a shit ton, however, most are due to injuries taking out the guy in front.

If we limit it to only OC or HC..
08 Slaton
09 Slaton
10 Portis, injured, Torrain,
11 Helu, Torrian, Wlliams..none could hold down the job
12 Alf
13 Alf
14 West, Crowell, both injured, Tate
15 Freeman, injured, Coleman
16 Freeman
17 Hyde
18 Breida, Wilson, both injured at some point, Alf..
19 Coleman, injured, Brieda
20 McKinnon, injured, Wilson, injured, Mostert
21 Mostert hurt immediately, Mitchell, injured, Wilson,

Much like what I've always been trying to hammer with McD, Shanny will ride a single horse, at least primarily...his horses always get injured. Yes he uses many, and doesn't use just one as much as anyone would like, but, it's not hard to figure out who to bank on. The hard part is which one to bet on being the guy to take the place of the injured horse

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A challenge!
Had to look it up manually.

2008HOU OCSteve Slaton (15), Ahman Green (1)
2009HOU OCSteve Slaton (10), Chris Brown (4), Ryan Moats (2), Arian Foster (1)
2010WSH OCRyan Torain (8), Clinton Portis (5), Keiland Williams (3)
2011WSH OCRyan Torain (4), Roy Helu (5), Tim Hightower (5), Evan Royster (2)
2012WSH OCAlfred Morris (16)
2013WSH OCAlfred Morris (16)
2014CLE OCTerrance West (6), Isaiah Crowell (4), Ben Tate (6)
2015ATL OCDevonta Freeman (13), Tevin Coleman (3)
2016ATL OCDevonta Freeman (16)
2017SF HCCarlos Hyde (16)
2018SF HCMatt Breida (13), Alfred Morris (1), Jeff Wilson (2)
2019SF HCTevin Coleman (11), Matt Breida (5)
2020SF HCJeff Wilson (3), Raheem Mostert (8), Jerick McKinnon (4), Tevin Coleman (1)
2021SF HCElijah Mitchell (10), Jeff Wilson (4), Trey Sermon (2)

14 seasons; 24 different starting RB
Alfred Morris 33
Devonta Freeman 29
Steve Slaton 25
Matt Breida 18
Carlos Hyde 16
Tevin Coleman 15
Ryan Torain 12
Elijah Mitchell 10
Jeff Wilson 9
Raheem Mostert 8
Terrance West 6
Ben Tate 6
Clinton Portis 5
Roy Helu 5
Tim Hightower 5
Chris Brown 4
Isaiah Crowell 4
Jerick McKinnon 4
Keiland Williams 3
Ryan Moats 2
Evan Royster 2
Trey Sermon 2
Ahman Green 1
Arian Foster 1

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joe's was much more comprehensive than mine, and included all the guys who had 1 or 2 or 3 starts. Same reasoning behind virtually of it though.

And a nice total on the end. We'll done Joe
Its nice that Profootball Ref adds a column for game starts.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad of a coach do you have to be to give Alf Morris 33 starts and only 1 to Arian Foster!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad of a coach do you have to be to give Alf Morris 33 starts and only 1 to Arian Foster!
Foster was an undrafted schmuck Shannys last year as Texans OC, and Slaton was established..sort of..

But Alf...if Helu could've been more durable, there may never have been an Alf

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster was an undrafted schmuck Shannys last year as Texans OC, and Slaton was established..sort of..

But Alf...if Helu could've been more durable, there may never have been an Alf
Didnt even include Deebo Samuel since he is technically a WR.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders place Brian Robinson on the reserve/non-football injury list.​

The move guarantees that Robinson will miss the first four weeks of the season, but gives him a chance of being ready for Week 5. As NFL Network's Ian Rapoport notes, this is an incredible outcome for Robinson, given that he was shot twice less than a week ago. Robinson could miss well over four games; his return timeline is still very much up in the air. Still, the fact that Washington kept him on the active roster until after final cuts indicates that he'll take the field at some point this season.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Doug Haller reports that RB Eno Benjamin may have secured the Cardinals' No. 2 running back job.​

Haller notes that the Cardinals appeared to be signing Darrel Williams as a replacement for Chase Edmonds, but Williams may have lost the No. 2 job to Benajmin. Benjamin, the Cardinals' seventh-round pick in 2020, "has forced the organization to keep him. And now he has forced his way onto the field." Rather than being a one-for-one replacement for Edmonds, Benjamin or Williams is more likely to be a passing down option behind Conner. Still, given the value of this backfield, Benjamin is a strong late-round pick.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos signed QB Russell Wilson to a five-year, $245 million contract extension.​

The deal includes $165 million guaranteed and will keep Wilson in Denver for seven seasons in total. In terms of average annual value, the deal puts him just behind Aaron Rodgers as the second-highest paid quarterback in the NFL. It's a major commitment that further indicates that Denver is playing things differently with Wilson than Seattle did. HC Nathaniel Hackett is expected to build an offense more tailored to Wilson, rather than the run game. If Wilson shakes off this poor play from the end of 2021, when he was recovering from mallet finger, he has a chance for a career passing season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders place Brian Robinson on the reserve/non-football injury list.​

The move guarantees that Robinson will miss the first four weeks of the season, but gives him a chance of being ready for Week 5. As NFL Network's Ian Rapoport notes, this is an incredible outcome for Robinson, given that he was shot twice less than a week ago. Robinson could miss well over four games; his return timeline is still very much up in the air. Still, the fact that Washington kept him on the active roster until after final cuts indicates that he'll take the field at some point this season.
This gives a little life to Gibson owners, maybe he can show out for the first 4 weeks. I still think he is role is going to change regardless

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to further my conspiracy theory about Ronald Jones...

Have we heard Reid or the KC coaches hint that RoJo was on the bubble? I only recall the fantasy writers mentioning this. So now RoJo's ADP is plummeting.

Let's hypothetically say this "roster bubble" was a rumor that gained momentum. And that RoJo is still locked in as the RB2 behind CEH. Fast-forward to next offseason...

Can almost gaurantee some fantasy writer will say that he never bought into the roster bubble hype, was able draft RoJo in the risk-free last round and once CEH loses touches to RoJo, he will be the focal point of any and all successful draft stories.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to further my conspiracy theory about Ronald Jones...

Have we heard Reid or the KC coaches hint that RoJo was on the bubble? I only recall the fantasy writers mentioning this. So now RoJo's ADP is plummeting.

Let's hypothetically say this "roster bubble" was a rumor that gained momentum. And that RoJo is still locked in as the RB2 behind CEH. Fast-forward to next offseason...

Can almost gaurantee some fantasy writer will say that he never bought into the roster bubble hype, was able draft RoJo in the risk-free last round and once CEH loses touches to RoJo, he will be focal point of any and all successful draft stories.
I think all those reports were originated from not only national reporters like FOx, ESPN, etc..but also local beat writers, all of whom may or may not, have quoted annonymous team sources, or it was their 'educated opinions', and then, yes, fantasy guys went nuts with it.

I truly feel it had some basis in reality, how close it was to hitting on the mark? We may never know. But I certainly don't recall Andy Reid of any other Cheifs official publicly saying anything of the sort.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all those reports were originated from not only national reporters like FOx, ESPN, etc..but also local beat writers, all of whom may or may not, have quoted annonymous team sources, or it was their 'educated opinions', and then, yes, fantasy guys went nuts with it.

I truly feel it had some basis in reality, how close it was to hitting on the mark? We may never know. But I certainly don't recall Andy Reid of any other Cheifs official publicly saying anything of the sort.
Andy Reid is the antithesis of coachspeak. ;)