• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was going to say we hardly ever hear anything from coaching staffs about guys on the bubble. Hell the last coach speak about Trey Sermon was that he had a great camp and then he was waiver, so I'm not sure that's really an indicator of anything. There was really nothing about Sony Michel in Miami either or Marlon Mack in Houston other than the fact that the coaches didn't seem interested in playing them with the first string in the pre-season at all. I think that's really the only way the coaching staff speaks out against a guy is how they play them in the pre-season. If it gets to the point that the coaches are calling guys out, then he's already gone.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is reported on and gets everyone fired up - the order of which skill position player goes through the drills/which OL they are taking snaps with, and that kind of stuff.

That's where all of the Rojo-bubble buzz came from - he was playing with the 3rd string O in preseason and at practices, then had a decent showing with the first team in their last game and made the team. He could've very well been safe the whole time, and they were giving him extra reps to get familiar with their system, only KC front office actually knows. I personally still think he can beat out CEH for the early down role, but Chiefs coaches are sending smoke signals that say otherwise.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles claimed RB Trey Sermon off waivers from the 49ers.​

It's an ideal landing spot for Sermon, joining a run-heavy Eagles team that didn't bring back Jordan Howard in the offseason and failed to really replace him with any other grinding two-down runner. Sermon hasn't shown much of anything at the NFL level, but he'll get an opportunity to carve out a role behind guys like Miles Sanders, Kenneth Gainwell, and Boston Scott.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Michael Gallup's (knee) rehab is "going very smooth."​

“(He) looks excellent," McCarthy said Wednesday. "He’s getting close. He’s hit every target. His rehab is going very smooth. Just staying on the plan.” Gallup has yet to resume team drills, but he avoided the PUP list at final cuts, meaning the Cowboys expect him back within the first four games. Considering the Cowboys' lack of proven pass catchers behind CeeDee Lamb and Dalton Schultz, Gallup could quickly reassume WR3 status upon his return.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Michael Gallup's (knee) rehab is "going very smooth."​

“(He) looks excellent," McCarthy said Wednesday. "He’s getting close. He’s hit every target. His rehab is going very smooth. Just staying on the plan.” Gallup has yet to resume team drills, but he avoided the PUP list at final cuts, meaning the Cowboys expect him back within the first four games. Considering the Cowboys' lack of proven pass catchers behind CeeDee Lamb and Dalton Schultz, Gallup could quickly reassume WR3 status upon his return.
I once had a gal up in Dallas.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when this guy was a "can't miss"? Turns out he was never even able to beat out Cameron Brate, just mess up Brate's fantasy value.

Texans signed TE O.J. Howard.​

Howard couldn't crack the Bills' loaded 53-man roster, and the Bengals passed on an expected deal after claiming Devin Asiasi off waivers. Translation, it wasn't the most impressive summer for the 27-year-old, but he has landed in an extremely thin tight end group, one that just cut Jordan Akins. Second-year pro Brevin Jordan seems in line for a large snap share, but there isn't much standing between Howard and some legitimate playing time if the Texans are satisfied with his conditioning. Howard was reportedly "not quick" as a route runner in Bills camp. He is off the TE2 radar for the time being.

depp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, for most of us on this board, this is a year-long obsession since many (if not all) are in multiple dynasty leagues. There is no end or start to our fantasy seasons.
Yeah but that still has nothing to do with how nonsensical it is to keep info from 2015 lol

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that still has nothing to do with how nonsensical it is to keep info from 2015 lol
Right there in the fifth post:

ESPN's Ron Jaworski said he "like(s) the future of the Jets with Geno Smith at quarterback."

That's worth the price of admission right there.

(Even in a single-season thread you gotta go to the last couple of pages anyway. Whether that means skipping eight pages or eight hundred doesn't really matter.)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it is a thread we all have used for years which we all love
thus if it has grown to be a thread that is this long then maybe just maybe it did so because we all like it this way...

i do not see the need for it to be questioned/changed or indeed validated as we obviously like it as it is and im pretty confident in stating that

98%+ of the posts on here are from the same folk who like it as is......

@Chef99 's thread lives on..... :suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans suggests mediocre QB play limited him as a rookie

"The quarterback would just look me off, and then I'd be dead," Evans said. "And I didn't understand, because I always think I'm open. Just throw that thing up." Evans makes a good point. He had 38 receptions for 1,051 yards and 12 TDs with Josh McCown and Mike Glennon as his quarterbacks. (USA Today)

Fantasy Impact: Now with Jameis Winston as an upgrade, the sky is the limit for the talented WR. He is only 22 and the X receiver in Dirk Koetter's offense. That's where Julio Jones buttered his bread. He should be targeted in all formats.
lol this is a classic thread

evans just needed the Goat:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting a new thread for every random news thought is what would be nonsensical.

Take for instance, your worry about this decade long thread… we will get to look back and laugh about it in a few years. ;)

Can’t get that in a thread that maxes out at four posts about Sony Michel being cut from the Fins.

Thank you,

1662306870008.gif

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Legion of Boom is intact the Seahawks will be tough against the pass. They've given up the fewest passing yards and second-fewest passing TDs two years in a row.

How true this became…

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Steelers could be....for September. Maybe DWill can't cut it?

We're all just dying for news! Lol... this is probably moot anyway. Might as well be talking about Herschel Walker.

Another golden nugget about Ray Rice rumors.

DeAngelo Williams in 2015:
200 carries for 907 and 11 TD
40 catches for 367

Yeah, I think he cut it.