• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might have to wait and see what happens next because I really think they were punishing Gibson for the fumble in the first pre-season game, so the whole week leading to the 2nd game and the 2nd game were his punishment. If the same thing happens this week then I will believe it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might have to wait and see what happens next because I really think they were punishing Gibson for the fumble in the first pre-season game, so the whole week leading to the 2nd game and the 2nd game were his punishment. If the same thing happens this week then I will believe it.
Pretty extreme punishment to subject your supposed starting RB to injury returning punts or kicks in preseason, imho.

Make him wind sprint a mile or something

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty extreme punishment to subject your supposed starting RB to injury returning punts or kicks in preseason, imho.

Make him wind sprint a mile or something
I would never put anything passed Ron Rivera.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those that were worried:suds:

Baker Mayfield will start for the Panthers in Week 1 against the Browns.​

Mayfield officially beats out Sam Darnold for Carolina's starting gig less than two months after joining the team. He'll now go against his former mates from Cleveland in what should be an intriguing -- and emotionally charged -- matchup. The Browns are paying Mayfield $10.5 million this season. Mayfield beating out Darnold, who was horrific in 2021 as Carolina's starter, is hardly a shock. Beat writers have said for a month that Mayfield had the inside track to start Week 1. He still shouldn't be drafted in 12-team formats, though he likely represents a marked upgrade for D.J. Moore and the rest of Carolina's pass catchers.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those that were worried:suds:

Baker Mayfield will start for the Panthers in Week 1 against the Browns.​

Mayfield officially beats out Sam Darnold for Carolina's starting gig less than two months after joining the team. He'll now go against his former mates from Cleveland in what should be an intriguing -- and emotionally charged -- matchup. The Browns are paying Mayfield $10.5 million this season. Mayfield beating out Darnold, who was horrific in 2021 as Carolina's starter, is hardly a shock. Beat writers have said for a month that Mayfield had the inside track to start Week 1. He still shouldn't be drafted in 12-team formats, though he likely represents a marked upgrade for D.J. Moore and the rest of Carolina's pass catchers.
Should make for an interesting game to watch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the coaching staff telling him to run it inside no matter what. Or maybe not. Pre-season.
I may be conditioned due to Tomlin's pre-season style, but typically coaches go with a very vanilla scheme and just let them play to their strengths.

But he is a rookie adjusting to NFL speed so these types of vision/awareness issues will assuredly happen. And as @TREFF said, he's a day 3 pick.

That said, he has obviously shown the staff enough to be confident in him over the likes of Kenyan Drake. Where that bar is... I don't know lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be conditioned due to Tomlin's pre-season style, but typically coaches go with a very vanilla scheme and just let them play to their strengths.

But he is a rookie adjusting to NFL speed so these types of vision/awareness issues will assuredly happen. And as @TREFF said, he's a day 3 pick.

That said, he has obviously shown the staff enough to be confident in him over the likes of Kenyan Drake. Where that bar is... I don't know lol.
Drake does the same thing. Zuess is younger and cheaper

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh McDaniels said he wanted his RBs to get tackled, cuz it's a hard thing to simulate in practice.

He only got three carries that game. Maybe if got outside the tackles he'd have to wash the coach's car or something.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Tyron Smith suffered an avulsion fracture in his knee and will be out until at least December.​

Rapoport cautioned that December would be Smith's earliest return "if he's back at all." Per Rapsheet the injury is similar to the one suffered by Jets RT Mekhi Becton, who is expected to miss the entire season.

This is the worst news for all Cowboys interests other than the players themselves being out. This isn't some random starting LT, this is a guy who when healthy is the best LT in the league, or at least in the discussion and the lynchpin of that OL. The Cowboys have always struggled offensively for any real consistency anytime this guy has been out. His increasingly missed time directly coincides with Zeke's decline, and this isn't gonna help at all. And unless this rookie LT can lock down his job, it will also hurst Prescott, Lamb, Gallup, and severely affects Shultz and whomever you thought might be the #3. There will need to be more 2 TE sets, so the #3 WR will be on the field less, and Shultz will likely have to take a more active role in pass pro than before, leading to less routes.
Horrible news for owners of any Cowboys.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Tyron Smith suffered an avulsion fracture in his knee and will be out until at least December.​

Rapoport cautioned that December would be Smith's earliest return "if he's back at all." Per Rapsheet the injury is similar to the one suffered by Jets RT Mekhi Becton, who is expected to miss the entire season.

This is the worst news for all Cowboys interests other than the players themselves being out. This isn't some random starting LT, this is a guy who when healthy is the best LT in the league, or at least in the discussion and the lynchpin of that OL. The Cowboys have always struggled offensively for any real consistency anytime this guy has been out. His increasingly missed time directly coincides with Zeke's decline, and this isn't gonna help at all. And unless this rookie LT can lock down his job, it will also hurst Prescott, Lamb, Gallup, and severely affects Shultz and whomever you thought might be the #3. There will need to be more 2 TE sets, so the #3 WR will be on the field less, and Shultz will likely have to take a more active role in pass pro than before, leading to less routes.
Gotta hope the rookie first-rounder can develop fast - but he's been hurt in camp.

I think whichever Cowboys are struggling might be moderate buy-low candidates after a few weeks. They'll probably be better in the second half.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the running game. I know Zeke hasn't been healthy the last couple seasons but the OL is important to his success as well.