• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Tyron Smith suffered an avulsion fracture in his knee and will be out until at least December.​

Rapoport cautioned that December would be Smith's earliest return "if he's back at all." Per Rapsheet the injury is similar to the one suffered by Jets RT Mekhi Becton, who is expected to miss the entire season.

This is the worst news for all Cowboys interests other than the players themselves being out. This isn't some random starting LT, this is a guy who when healthy is the best LT in the league, or at least in the discussion and the lynchpin of that OL. The Cowboys have always struggled offensively for any real consistency anytime this guy has been out. His increasingly missed time directly coincides with Zeke's decline, and this isn't gonna help at all. And unless this rookie LT can lock down his job, it will also hurst Prescott, Lamb, Gallup, and severely affects Shultz and whomever you thought might be the #3. There will need to be more 2 TE sets, so the #3 WR will be on the field less, and Shultz will likely have to take a more active role in pass pro than before, leading to less routes.
Horrible news for owners of any Cowboys.

So happy to hear after just drafting Zeke at 2.11

Awesome

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always figured Darnold would take himself out of the QB 'competition ' in CAR, but I wouldnt have guessed it'd be because of injury. Jobs yours now Baker. At least for the next month or so.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always figured Darnold would take himself out of the QB 'competition ' in CAR, but I wouldnt have guessed it'd be because of injury. Jobs yours now Baker. At least for the next month or so.
It’s early but it sounds like Panthers fans are already believing in Baker. If they block for him they will do fine this season lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s early but it sounds like Panthers fans are already believing in Baker. If they block for him they will do fine this season lol.
I think he'll be fine as well. Not entirely sure why the Browns gave up on him in the first place. A rookie year, a really good season, and one somewhat bad season, with OBJ missing 10 games, and Landry 4..and they still were 8-9. Poor guy got a raw deal if you ask me. (So did the Browns fans)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be fine as well. Not entirely sure why the Browns gave up on him in the first place. A rookie year, a really good season, and one somewhat bad season, with OBJ missing 10 games, and Landry 4..and they still were 8-9. Poor guy got a raw deal if you ask me. (So did the Browns fans)
It's possible he was a little annoying and immature. But I bet a lot of that's behind him now after the year he's been through.

Couple of early wins and a couple of TDs to Robbie will change everything.

Browns at home, Giants on the road, Saints at home - they could easily be 2-1 or 3-0...

...before getting their mouth kicked in by the Cards, Niners, Rams and Bucs the next four weeks, lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible he was a little annoying and immature. But I bet a lot of that's behind him now after the year he's been through.

Couple of early wins and a couple of TDs to Robbie will change everything.

Browns at home, Giants on the road, Saints at home - they could easily be 2-1 or 3-0...

...before getting their mouth kicked in by the Cards, Niners, Rams and Bucs the next four weeks, lol.
I would not be surprised to see them beat the Cards or the Niners. I'm not too sure about either if them this year. Rams will cake walk to that division title

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised to see them beat the Cards or the Niners. I'm not too sure about either if them this year. Rams will cake walk to that division title
True about the Niners - I'm not a believer yet in Trey Lance. Not that much of a believer in Kyler either, TBH, fun though he be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did get a raw deal and the injury ended it for him in Cleveland. I believed in the guy the entire time but in the end I knew he wasn’t the guy. He did a lot for that team and I will always appreciate that and his toughness. He wasn’t good in crunch time for the most part, as a fan of the team before players I will always be behind an upgrade. Certainly isn’t ideal with Watson but it’s like people forget Watson carrying an average at best Houston team and at the time he was a top 5 QB. Only time will tell. Baker can be good for Carolina but what is their ceiling. It seemed like he gave the Browns a ceiling below their expectations with how much talent they have on this roster imo

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did get a raw deal and the injury ended it for him in Cleveland. I believed in the guy the entire time but in the end I knew he wasn’t the guy. He did a lot for that team and I will always appreciate that and his toughness. He wasn’t good in crunch time for the most part, as a fan of the team before players I will always be behind an upgrade. Certainly isn’t ideal with Watson but it’s like people forget Watson carrying an average at best Houston team and at the time he was a top 5 QB. Only time will tell. Baker can be good for Carolina but what is their ceiling. It seemed like he gave the Browns a ceiling below their expectations with how much talent they have on this roster imo
It's a tough call. He's probably not a guy who could 'drag' a team to a conference title/super bowl, but I think he could definitely be a guy who isn't the reason they don't make it ya know? Climb onto Chubbs back, be efficient, safe, solid D, it could work. But they never really put onus in Chubb, and OBJ is not the WR you want in your offense, or your locker room for that matter, if you want a safe, efficient offense.
It'll be the same in Carolina, they'll go as far as CMAC will take them, and all Baker needs to do is get the ball to him, and DJ Moore. If they expect more than that, we'll, that's a bad plan going in.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everybody doing with Gibson now? I had a draft last night after the news on Robinson came out and I drafted Gibson with the 72nd pick, but honestly I had no idea where to rank him at this point.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everybody doing with Gibson now? I had a draft last night after the news on Robinson came out and I drafted Gibson with the 72nd pick, but honestly I had no idea where to rank him at this point.
My draft yesterday was held before the news came out. Robinson was taken at the end of the 6th (we keep 2 offensive players, so not a full redraft). Gibson went in the middle of the 7th and a couple of people wondered why he lasted so long.

Guess this doesn't help much at all since it was before the news came out. But, I just wanted to boost my post count.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oddly enough... i think it Boosts Brian Robinson's value... He is no longer the backup, he is now a hero... when he comes back, it will be so much easier for him to take the job entirely...

But for now, of course it is great for Gibson... even though it is very odd that they wont use him in the receiving game, how bad of a WR was he in college??

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are drafting today or tomorrow or before there is any kind of timeline for Robinson's return, it may not be a bad idea to grab him super late and stash him on IR and hope he comes back at some point this season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I hear otherwise, I'm still selling Gibson, buying Robinson..but with no idea on a time table for return, no idea what got hit by bullets- muclse? Bone? Nerves? Zero info...I'd avoid it entirely in a redraft, don't care how desperate I am for RB's. We'd have to be talking last 3 rounds or so, like the last guy before you take a D and a K, before considering either. Very much prefer someone else ends up with that problem this year