• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Active-
Watson

Kamara
Cook

Ruggs (technically hasn't retired yet)
M. Brown

Having a hard time at TE

inactive
Vick

OJ
AP

Irvin
Harrison

Gonzalez

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since 2000
1060 players have had legal issues:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DP.png

Sounds like Pierce is going be starting one the regular season begins.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since 2000
1060 players have had legal issues:suds:

Jerramy Stevens not in that database? Shiiiid, they have some work to do.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Active-
Watson

Kamara
Cook

M. Brown

Having a hard time at TE

inactive
Vick

OJ
AP

Irvin
Harrison

Gonzalez
There was a Bills RB with a few post-NFL issues if I recall.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Chase Edmonds rushed three times for three yards in the Dolphins' preseason game against the Raiders.
........ If he can keep putting space between himself and his backups, Edmonds will easily cruise past his RB3 ADP."

WHAT?!?!?!?

someone please explain how 1.0 ypc is putting space between he and and his "backups"??? I get that the overall jest of the blurb is referring to snap percentage and usage with the "starters" but if you only gain 1 damned yard per carry, who gives a rip if you played 77% of the 'starter' snaps in preseason game #2, and how exactly does it give one confidence that that percentage will maintain or increase?? I take a 3 carry, 3 yard performance to be clear evidence that you won't be the starter when it's for real...kinda need to do better, especially against the Raiders backups.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Active-
Watson

Kamara
Cook

M. Brown

Having a hard time at TE

inactive
Vick

OJ
AP

Irvin
Harrison

Gonzalez
Aaron Hernandez

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT?!?!?!
I was looking at the stat lines from Saturdays games.... a lot of players had similar stats. 4 rushes for 4 yards, etc. Forget who, but someone had 15 carries for 29 yards.

Are these guys being told to run between the tackles? I dont get it either, Treff.

To continue my Bears rant from last week. I see they gave Fields 5 passes for 39 yards. Apparently thats good enough? Leave the kid in! Let him get the experience! Mahomes played... tore it up. Josh Allen played... tore it up.

If Fields' 39 yards this week and 40 yards last week is "acceptable" to not only get no more reps and "feel" the game, then Bears fans are set for another regrettable season.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these guys being told to run between the tackles? I dont get it either, Treff.
If, as Josh McDaniels said about Jacobs, the point was to get them tackled, then yes.

Pre-season statistical results tell us almost nothing because we don't really know what the coaches are looking for. A UDFA RB who gets the play wrong and forgets to pass-block, and the drowning QB heaves a desperation pass in his direction and he makes a circus grab and scampers 80 yards for a TD... is probably going to be cut. Another guy who executes two pass blocks and runs between the tackles five times for eight tough yards may climb the depth chart. For a WR, the coaches may run a few plays just to make him block in a game situation to see how hard he's willing to go, and that's all they care about for him that day.

The kind of thing that's interesting to me is who's playing with the first team (Brian Robinson) even though another guy is healthy (Gibson), who's surprisingly not playing at all although healthy, because they're probably being saved for regular season games (Tutu Atwell for Week 1?), who's getting special attention from the coaches (Jaylen Warren), and which young RBs are excelling at pass protection (you kind of have to watch the games for that, which I don't).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you kind of have to watch the games for that, which I don't
I dont watch either.
But this is still some good insight as to what the coaches are looking for.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, as Josh McDaniels said about Jacobs, the point was to get them tackled, then yes.

Pre-season statistical results tell us almost nothing because we don't really know what the coaches are looking for. A UDFA RB who gets the play wrong and forgets to pass-block, and the drowning QB heaves a desperation pass in his direction and he makes a circus grab and scampers 80 yards for a TD... is probably going to be cut. Another guy who executes two pass blocks and runs between the tackles five times for eight tough yards may climb the depth chart. For a WR, the coaches may run a few plays just to make him block in a game situation to see how hard he's willing to go, and that's all they care about for him that day.

The kind of thing that's interesting to me is who's playing with the first team (Brian Robinson) even though another guy is healthy (Gibson), who's surprisingly not playing at all although healthy, because they're probably being saved for regular season games (Tutu Atwell for Week 1?), who's getting special attention from the coaches (Jaylen Warren), and which young RBs are excelling at pass protection (you kind of have to watch the games for that, which I don't).
not according to this but can u ever believe reporters:suds:
gibson had fumble in 1st game

Brian Robinson started the Commanders' preseason game against the Chiefs.​

The struggling Antonio Gibson served as Washington's kick returner while Robinson started behind Carson Wentz and saw the team's first rushing attempt. "This is really happening folks," The Washington Post's JP Finlay said on Twitter. Robinson has seemingly supplanted Gibson as Washington's top back, a shift not yet reflected by the players' redraft ADPs. Robinson could eventually fall into a timeshare with Gibson if Gibson shows improvement with ball protection and decisive running, though Robinson profiles as the more natural short yardage and goal line back. Robinson is a cheap source of touches in all formats. J.D. McKissic is expected to serve as Commanders' primary pass-catching back.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the instance of Robinson v Gibson..there's a little more meat on that bone.

Gibson is returning punts or kicks or both or whatever, in addition to playing behind Robinson and being outperformed by Robinson. That one I'm buying, %100

On top of that, it is obvious that if the Commanders wish to compete, with Carson friggin Wentz, they'll need a physical run game to grind clock, play ball control and feild position. Robinson brings that, Gibson would be amazing on the Cheifs or Rams, not so much as a grinder. He can, it's just not his strong suit at all

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I may be biased considering Robinson was my #2-#3 RB in this incoming class- had he gone to Houston or Atlanta, I would've drafted him 1.1.

But, it appears as though it may not matter that there was a fairly well entrenched starter in place, he's taking the job anyways