• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo got paid. 3 years, 71.something mil. 58 guaranteed. Not bad.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess they kissed and made up :suds:

9ers signed Deebo Samuel to a three-year, $71.55 million extension through 2025.​

One of the bigger sagas of the offseason ends, as has been expected for months, with a new contract for the star receiver. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the deal includes $58.1 million guaranteed. The average value of this deal does not match those Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill received earlier this offseason, but it still makes Samuel one of the highest-paid receivers in the league. With his contract situation resolved, Samuel should return to practice this week and slot in as a high-upside WR1 in fantasy drafts.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy with 3 years under his belt, only one of which was good at all, that's ridiculous

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB Deshaun Watson has been suspended for the first six games of the NFL season.​

The NFLPA and Watson announced Sunday that they would not appeal the decision, likely aware at the time that the suspension would be shorter than some had anticipated. Watson was not fined as part of the decision; given the way his contract was structured, the suspension will cost him $333,333. The NFL, which had reportedly sought an indefinite suspension of at least one year, has three days to appeal the decision. Goodell can serve as the appeals officer and has the authority to increase the punishment.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell can serve as the appeals officer and has the authority to increase the punishment.

Once again this process just cracks me up. Roger Goodell can appeal the suspension to himself. I wonder if he would win his own appeal? LOL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again this process just cracks me up. Roger Goodell can appeal the suspension to himself. I wonder if he would win his own appeal? LOL.
Only after a arbiter (agreed upon both NFLPA and the NFL) finds the player guilty of breaking the personal conduct clause. Understandable IMO that the league has final say about harming the league image as far as punishment. The arbiter is going to be more concerned about guilty or not and less concern about blow back the league has to deal with.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only after a arbiter (agreed upon both NFLPA and the NFL) finds the player guilty of breaking the personal conduct clause. Understandable IMO that the league has final say about harming the league image as far as punishment. The arbiter is going to be more concerned about guilty or not and less concern about blow back the league has to deal with.
I get that, but then just don't call it an appeal. Just let the arbitrator decide if there's enough evidence to warrant that he broke the personal conduct policy (kind of like a grand jury) and then let the league decide the discipline. It seems pointless to me that an arbitrator can say what the punishment is and the league can just say, "No we don't feel like that's good enough." The independent arbitrator who has no stake in any PR, revenue, or anything else regarding the player's status with the league, should be the one that decides the penalty and then if either side wanted to appeal then it should be another independent person that hears the appeal. You know like how the legal system is supposed to work in this country.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The independent arbitrator who has no stake in any PR, revenue, or anything else regarding the player's status with the league, should be the one that decides the penalty and then if either side wanted to appeal then it should be another independent person that hears the appeal. You know like how the legal system is supposed to work in this country.
This isn't a court hearing, this is an arrangement between employer and employee. Another independent person would not care about preserving the golden goose who lays golden eggs and that is what the league cares about and negotiated with the NFLPA in the CBA. In a country where in many states you can be terminated without cause given and at a drop of a hat, Watson can be thankful the NFL has to go through a process to suspend someone. Just imagine he refused to play last season but got paid any how, now that seems crazy to me. The degree of entitlement, players and fans have when it comes to star players is kind of whacked IMO.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, [enter name here] has impressed in camp and is gaining the confidence of the coaching staff.
I heard he was "in the best shape of his life."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would second that, in it's entirety. And add, George Kittle to the equation too
Yep. I'm not entirely sold on their QB situation either. Doesn't really matter what they do with Jimmy.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm not entirely sold on their QB situation either. Doesn't really matter what they do with Jimmy.
Not only are either QB questionable at best to support Kittle, Deebo, the RB's AND a 2nd WR, but Kyle's system itself doesn't tend to support 2 WR's regardless. Back in Houston it was all about Andre Johnson, and Owen Daniels TE was the next option, in Washington it was all Santana Moss and a TE, or Gaffney and a TE, or just all Pierre Garcon, in ATL, all about Julio and the TE's/RB's, in SF it's all Kittle/Deebo

In his entire 14 year coaching career as either a HC or an OC, he has NEVER had more than one player with more than 100 targets in any single season. last year would've been the first, had Kittle not missed a few games.

Given the way he utilizes TE's in the passing game and the entire thing is somewhat centered around the RB's to begin with, there isn't a ton left over for a 3rd option to fantasy relevant. That doesn't mean Ayiuk can't be worthy of a roster spot, a desperation flex play if your forced into it and maybe you hit the lottery, but he's certainly not a good plan A or B, or even C. I would even go so far as to say that given Shanny has said that this is now Trey lance's team, that's going to skew towards even more rushing attempts, both form teh QB and the Rb's, it might be even less than normal to go around for that 3rd option.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins shot themselves in the foot with this TB12 tampering, lost '23 1st and a '24 3rd, ouch