• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Tampa sign Julio AND expect Godwin to be ready after early JAN surgery on ACL/MCL?

Godwin didn't hit the PUP list, when every other team in the league is adding everyone possible to the PUP.
I'll still be very surprised if Godwin is ready to play in 6-7wks

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 in TB last year was, for all intents and purposes, AB last year.8 targets and 6 catches per game, and on pace for 1200 yards if he played all 16..I guess that isn't too terrible bad.

I got him in Bandits, Old School and D1..come get him

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Tampa sign Julio AND expect Godwin to be ready after early JAN surgery on ACL/MCL?

Godwin didn't hit the PUP list, when every other team in the league is adding everyone possible to the PUP.
I'll still be very surprised if Godwin is ready to play in 6-7wks
Me too.

AP made it back in 9 months, should've broken the single season rushing record. September is the beginning of the ninth month. Obviously we can't hold up the exception as the standard, but there is evidence that it CAN happen.

but yeah I'd be surprised too

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek said that Sanu was the most accurate HS QB in the nation after Sanu signed with Miami
Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. Better than ATL, possibly better than BALT, but at best, the #3 in TB is nowhere near as good as landing in KC or GB could've been
Yeah I agree. That was not an ideal spot for him. I think even being the #3 once Godwin is back is a little farfetched since I'm not so sure that at this point in their careers if Russell Gage wouldn't be more effective. Green Bay would have been a much better landing spot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. That was not an ideal spot for him. I think even being the #3 once Godwin is back is a little farfetched since I'm not so sure that at this point in their careers if Russell Gage wouldn't be more effective. Green Bay would have been a much better landing spot.
To me, a %100 Julio will always be better than Gage, whether that's yesterday, today, or a 65 year old Julio vs a 25 year old Gage..but is he ever %100 any more??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these "passing down" rookies that people expect to just step in and run with it...
Like Josh Allen is going to be thrilled that a guy with no clue, no experience, as to NFL pass pro/blitz pick up is going to be his last line of defense on most critical 3rd downs.
Yeah maybe the play call has him going directly into a route, not blocking, but probably, the read at the line given by the defense, dictates he stay in and pick up a blitz, or chip before he goes out.
So much more to it than he can run routes/has good hands. And to a man, every report on him started with some version of- "well, he's not his brother, but..."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, a %100 Julio will always be better than Gage, whether that's yesterday, today, or a 65 year old Julio vs a 25 year old Gage..but is he ever %100 any more??
Even in a wheelchair? interesting

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these "passing down" rookies that people expect to just step in and run with it...
Like Josh Allen is going to be thrilled that a guy with no clue, no experience, as to NFL pass pro/blitz pick up is going to be his last line of defense on most critical 3rd downs.
Yeah maybe the play call has him going directly into a route, not blocking, but probably, the read at the line given by the defense, dictates he stay in and pick up a blitz, or chip before he goes out.
So much more to it than he can run routes/has good hands. And to a man, every report on him started with some version of- "well, he's not his brother, but..."
Just looked at the Bills' 3rd down splits.
They ran 30% of the time.
Passed 70% of the time.
Here's the breakdown of targets on 3rd down:​
WR = 73%​
RB = 9%​
TE = 1%​
(Weird that the distribution does not total 100%.)​

Synopsis: the 3rd down back may not get much work anyway. See Zack Moss.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the Bills' 3rd down splits.
They ran 30% of the time.
Passed 70% of the time.
Here's the breakdown of targets on 3rd down:​
WR = 73%​
RB = 9%​
TE = 1%​
(Weird that the distribution does not total 100%.)​

Synopsis: the 3rd down back may not get much work anyway. See Zack Moss.
Yeah..like not even close to %100..83%.

Perhaps the TE is 11%, not 1%? That'd get it closer, and with Knox having 70+ targets to the combined total of less than 60 for the RBs, could be the case?. By the time that filters into third downs, I'm a little surprised the RB's would've had 9x as much of the target share..

But regardless, that begs the follow up question(s)-
Did they use the RB so relatively lightly because
-the one they had wasn't so good at it?
-Does Josh Allen simply prefer to push the ball rather than dump off?
One thing that's not in question is they certainly did not design plays specifically to go to the RB on 3rd downs.

And then those answers beg the follow ups of-
-IF Cook is worthy of that 2nd round pick, does he change any of the above, just by being better than what they had?
-Does the loss of Beasley and Sanders force more RB usage, as those two dudes were near automatic? And will Crowder offset those losses so that there still little to no change?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..like not even close to %100..83%.
Was weird.
Just wonder if the remaining unaccounted 17% of passing plays were a combination of sacks, interceptions, wisely throwing the ball away to avoid a sack, etc?

Didnt include in my original post but Allen only completed 55% of 3rd down passes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was weird.
Just wonder if the remaining unaccounted 17% of passing plays were a combination of sacks, interceptions, wisely throwing the ball away to avoid a sack, etc?

Didnt include in my original post but Allen only completed 55% of 3rd down passes.

id assume sacks and QB runs are the big 2...

interceptions are still targeted to certain players so i would assume that is not part of the 17%...

throw aways are tricky, i always thought that the closest to the ball was considered the target...