• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Hall is a mirror image of Michael Carter..stats are irrelevant, as the only year Sermon was a starter he was facing Big 10 teams, whereas Hall played in the Big12, where the next good defense will be the first in 20+ years. Hall might be the most overated RB coming out of college of all time, and he still couldnt get drafted in the first.

But Sermon sucked when he played in the Big12 compared to Hall, so what does that say about Sermon....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sermon only scored 4TDs as a 22yr old playing against mostly 18 and 19yr olds in the Big10, lol

It's almost as if Shanahan realized he sucks and gave the reigns to Eli on purpose or something last year, go figure

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, what I see on film is a better RB at Ohio State than the dude at Iowa State. Whether or not he's actually any good at this level..maybe not. But I certainly don't see NFL stardom out of any of the 22 class.
But you can point to plenty of collegiate Troy Davis's, Ron Dayne's, Donell Pumphrey's, Justin Jackson's .etc..amazing numbers, just doesn't translate. That's what I see when I watch B. Hall. Just the eye test is all.

Sermon and Shanny must really not see eye to eye on something, because Shanny obviously saw something similar to what I saw, watching the film, to take him in the 3rd.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, what I see on film is a better RB at Ohio State than the dude at Iowa State. Whether or not he's actually any good at this level..maybe not. But I certainly don't see NFL stardom out of any of the 22 class.
But you can point to plenty of collegiate Troy Davis's, Ron Dayne's, Donell Pumphrey's, Justin Jackson's .etc..amazing numbers, just doesn't translate. That's what I see when I watch B. Hall. Just the eye test is all.

Sermon and Shanny must really not see eye to eye on something, because Shanny obviously saw something similar to what I saw, watching the film, to take him in the 3rd.
I own Sermon in the Bandit league send me a offer

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is "some optimism" that Michael Thomas (ankle) will be cleared early in training camp.​

Thomas is recovering from an ankle injury that he suffered in 2020. He missed all of 2021 because of lingering issues related to the ankle. Reports have generally been positive on his outlook for the upcoming season. Fantasy drafters have been hesitant to bet on Thomas this summer, but the risk-takers will be rewarded if Thomas is a full-go by Week 1. Even with Jarvis Landry and Chris Olave taking targets off the table, Thomas would project as a high-end WR2 if we knew he was completely healthy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just might do that...only thing holding me back going trade nuts there is wondering if I can count on anything from Julio or if he signs in ATL where he's just wasting a roster spot

have there been rumors of reuniting with the falcons? seems like a terrible decision for a WR with little left in the tank

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have there been rumors of reuniting with the falcons? seems like a terrible decision for a WR with little left in the tank
Every schmuck posting a 'likely landing spot for Julio' article always mentions it. I personally think it's ridiculous, but I also thought there was no chance on more than a few things that came to pass.

To me there's really only 3 realistic possibilities-
KC, GB, and Baltimore..the Ravens would not be great, like at all, but, there's need plus realistic SB aspirations.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every schmuck posting a 'likely landing spot for Julio' article always mentions it. I personally think it's ridiculous, but I also thought there was no chance on more than a few things that came to pass.

KC, GB, and Baltimore..the Ravens would not be great, like at all, but, there's need plus realistic SB aspirations.

Ya gotta wonder why the Packers wouldn’t have targeted Julio already though. Same feeling (but less than) with KC.
Baltimore might be just banking on him being forgotten for another month once they get a look at their group outside Bateman. They seem like the only fit, and that’s not a good fit.

Not sure how much Atlanta is home to him, but that could impact a final contract decision.

I just find it weird that there’s no news about him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta wonder why the Packers wouldn’t have targeted Julio already though. Same feeling (but less than) with KC.
Baltimore might be just banking on him being forgotten for another month once they get a look at their group outside Bateman. They seem like the only fit, and that’s not a good fit.

Not sure how much Atlanta is home to him, but that could impact a final contract decision.

Absolutely nothing in him or Fuller, strange indeed

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazard is the Packers WR to own, imo. With MVS gone, he'll be the Rodgers connection.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well who's to say they haven't and we just haven't heard?
I mean, they just brought in Smoke, who bounced with 4 teams last year for a tryout. I don't believe for a second they have back channeled Julio AND Fuller.

I'm of the opinion Julio is simply biding his time, skipping training camp, maybe some of preseason, then he'll sign. And that deal may already be done, in principal.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who's to say they haven't and we just haven't heard?
I mean, they just brought in Smoke, who bounced with 4 teams last year for a tryout. I don't believe for a second they have back channeled Julio AND Fuller.

I'm of the opinion Julio is simply biding his time, skipping training camp, maybe some of preseason, then he'll sign. And that deal may already be done, in principal.
Haven't **

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe...

iu

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Rudolph signs in TB. Coild be meaningless, could be huge. Rudolph was criminally underused in Minnesota more often than not. But what's he got left??

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Rudolph signs in TB. Coild be meaningless, could be huge. Rudolph was criminally underused in Minnesota more often than not. But what's he got left??
Not Gronk - not the same skills and definitely not the same history/chemistry. Good spot starter maybe.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cardinals signed QB Kyler Murray to a five-year, $230.5 million contract extension.​

Murray's deal includes $160 million guaranteed and gives Murray the second-highest paid quarterback average salary at $46.1 million per year. Murray was electric in early 2021 before an ankle injury and the absence of DeAndre Hopkins appeared to impact his play down the stretch. Hopkins will miss the first six games of 2022, but Murray's Oklahoma running mate Marquise Brown should help the newly extended quarterback start the season hot. Murray is now signed through 2028 with HC Kliff Kingsbury signed through 2027. The Cardinals are likely to have frustrating, horizontal raid lows, but with Murray under center, they have upside to develop into an elite offense once Hopkins returns to the lineup.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think with no Gronk there it will be a little bit of Rudolph, Otton, and Brate to render all of them completely useless from a fantasy perspective. Although hell it is tight end, they could each have like 30 catches for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns and finish in the top 15. LOL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think with no Gronk there it will be a little bit of Rudolph, Otton, and Brate to render all of them completely useless from a fantasy perspective. Although hell it is tight end, they could each have like 30 catches for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns and finish in the top 15. LOL.
Entirely possible.

I do believe Tom will have a favorite that clicks with him though. Which one, I have no clue.

When it comes to spreading the ball and finding an open guy, regardless of his name, that's Tom, through and through, hes never given 2 shats about feeding any one guy over another, and that no name 4th receiver is just as likely to be hit as anyone else at any given time...but he is a bit finicky as to who is on the feild at any given time, especially those that may have to block/pick up blitzes