• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize there was a separate PUP for the preseason.
It the same list, it's just that the rules are different before and after that magical date of week 1. If the season begins and a player is on the PUP, he misses at least 6 games. They can be placed on the PUP and not count towards the 90 man limit during preseason, and still play week 1 IF they get activated in time

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It the same list, it's just that the rules are different before and after that magical date of week 1. If the season begins and a player is on the PUP, he misses at least 6 games. They can be placed on the PUP and not count towards the 90 man limit during preseason, and still play week 1 IF they get activated in time

they actually changed it this year - only 4 games, and no # of practices required to go from PUP to game eligible

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy the range of stuff that comes out in reference to Desmond Ridder/Marcus Marriota in ATL.

One day you'll hear Ridder is never going to see the field, the next week, Ridder is definitely going to see starts this year, then the next its Marriota is light years ahead of Ridder, then the next its there's going to be a competition for the starters gig, and now, its 'well there is going to be a "competition" but Marriota is still light years ahead, not to mention his connection with Arthur Smith.

I know the news cycle is SLOW, but surely there's gotta be some standard of journalism where you don't just talk out yer ass for the sake of saying something.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy the range of stuff that comes out in reference to Desmond Ridder/Marcus Marriota in ATL.

One day you'll hear Ridder is never going to see the field, the next week, Ridder is definitely going to see starts this year, then the next its Marriota is light years ahead of Ridder, then the next its there's going to be a competition for the starters gig, and now, its 'well there is going to be a "competition" but Marriota is still light years ahead, not to mention his connection with Arthur Smith.

I know the news cycle is SLOW, but surely there's gotta be some standard of journalism where you don't just talk out yer ass for the sake of saying something.

Fleipe Franks going to beat out both of them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say Mariota has a 90% chance of winning the job and a 50% chance of hitting the bench at some point this year.

I would be stunned if it was a real competition. Mariota's issues as a QB are probably way more apparent when edge rushers are allowed to hit him and he takes a bunch of sacks.

But yeah....slow news cycle

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Mariota has a 90% chance of winning the job and a 50% chance of hitting the bench at some point this year.

I would be stunned if it was a real competition. Mariota's issues as a QB are probably way more apparent when edge rushers are allowed to hit him and he takes a bunch of sacks.

But yeah....slow news cycle

much better than 50 percent of losing the job at some point IMO... team is bad... no reason to keep the veteran who is not part of the future... you are going to have a top 5 pick again, dont you want to know whether you should use it on a QB again or not??

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Matt Barrows writes that "If the season begun today," Jeff Wilson would again be Elijah Mitchell's primary backup.

Tyrion Davis-Price, Barrows writes, missed a chunk of the spring practices with an injury. As for Wilson, he reportedly looked much better than he did down the stretch, when he was "dealing with the aftereffects of an offseason knee injury." It makes sense for the upside of Davis-Price to be prioritized in a backfield where anyone who gets snaps looks effective, but it doesn't sound like he's made his move on Wilson on the depth chart yet.

Guess who isn't even mentioned in this article? What the hell did Trey Sermon do to make everybody hate him?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much better than 50 percent of losing the job at some point IMO... team is bad... no reason to keep the veteran who is not part of the future... you are going to have a top 5 pick again, dont you want to know whether you should use it on a QB again or not??
Originally I said 60 percent but edited down to 50. At some point, Ridder is pick #74 and if you expect to be picking at say pick #2 then honestly I dont know if he sees the field unless Mariota really struggles. Arthur Smith went 7-10 last year. If he goes 3-14 then Im not sure he is still employed so he probably doesn't care about the QB of the future.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Matt Barrows writes that "If the season begun today," Jeff Wilson would again be Elijah Mitchell's primary backup.

Tyrion Davis-Price, Barrows writes, missed a chunk of the spring practices with an injury. As for Wilson, he reportedly looked much better than he did down the stretch, when he was "dealing with the aftereffects of an offseason knee injury." It makes sense for the upside of Davis-Price to be prioritized in a backfield where anyone who gets snaps looks effective, but it doesn't sound like he's made his move on Wilson on the depth chart yet.

Guess who isn't even mentioned in this article? What the hell did Trey Sermon do to make everybody hate him?
Sermon may have been a top 3 RB in this past draft class. Honestly, I personally would've placed him above Hall and Walker. He was the 4th back after Harris, Etienne, and J. Williams in 21 draft.

At this point, I wish Kyle would trade/cut him. If it's an issue with Sermon, he'll just fail elsewhere and be out of the league, if it's a 'mesh' issue with Shanny Jr, either with his system or a personal issue, at least they'll be rid of each other and the kid can try and rehab his career

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20 QBs have been drafted in the 3rd round over the last 15 years, 3 of which were taken this year: Ridder, Willis, and Corral

List of 3rd round QBs drafted in the last 15yrs that are actually good in the NFL:
Russell Wilson

List of 3rd rd QBs from last 15yrs that might be good in the NFL:
Davis Mills

List of 3rd rd QBs from last 15yrs that had some flashes but aren't good:
Nick Foles
Jacoby Brissett
CJ Beathard

:puke:
Not so impressive 5% hit rate out of that group, I wouldn't expect a whole lot, but agree that they'll kick the tires at some point this season unless Mariota/Falcons O shocks the hell out of us this season

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 QBs have been drafted in the 3rd round over the last 15 years, 3 of which were taken this year: Ridder, Willis, and Corral

List of 3rd round QBs drafted in the last 15yrs that are actually good in the NFL:
Russell Wilson

List of 3rd rd QBs from last 15yrs that might be good in the NFL:
Davis Mills

List of 3rd rd QBs from last 15yrs that had some flashes but aren't good:
Nick Foles
Jacoby Brissett
CJ Beathard

:puke:
Not so impressive 5% hit rate out of that group, I wouldn't expect a whole lot, but agree that they'll kick the tires at some point this season unless Mariota/Falcons O shocks the hell out of us this season

No doubt. But if you are not going to give the guy a chance then you wasted a draft pick.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sermon may have been a top 3 RB in this past draft class. Honestly, I personally would've placed him above Hall and Walker. He was the 4th back after Harris, Etienne, and J. Williams in 21 draft.

At this point, I wish Kyle would trade/cut him. If it's an issue with Sermon, he'll just fail elsewhere and be out of the league, if it's a 'mesh' issue with Shanny Jr, either with his system or a personal issue, at least they'll be rid of each other and the kid can try and rehab his career

you're supposed to PASS after 2 puffs dude, that blunt is not a microphone.
What did you see out of Sermon that would ever in your wildest dreams rank him over Hall?

Sermon:
1658264854552.png

Hall:
1658264881470.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. But if you are not going to give the guy a chance then you wasted a draft pick.
That chance doesn't have to be year 1. That said, Ridder is the same age as Zach Wilson and Trevor Lawrence so I wouldn't be shocked if he gets the green light at some point.

I'm also looking at the Falcons schedule and I their first 10 games are: NO, @Rams, @SEA, CLE, @TB, Niners, @CIN, CAR, @Chargers, @CAR. Probably underdogs in every game. Especially if CmC stays healthy through 10 games. Im definitely not on the Falcons bandwagon this year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're supposed to PASS after 2 puffs dude, that blunt is not a microphone.
What did you see out of Sermon that would ever in your wildest dreams rank him over Hall?

Sermon:
View attachment 302524

Hall:
View attachment 302525
Because Hall is a mirror image of Michael Carter..stats are irrelevant, as the only year Sermon was a starter he was facing Big 10 teams, whereas Hall played in the Big12, where the next good defense will be the first in 20+ years. Hall might be the most overated RB coming out of college of all time, and he still couldnt get drafted in the first.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Love the debate about Sermon/Hall.
He's on my cut list right now in D2.
FantasyPros has Sermon as the RB67 and still the 2nd SF RB.
Given SF's history, i will cut him and by week 4 he'll be the feature back in Shanny's revolving door of mirrors.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Hall is a mirror image of Michael Carter..stats are irrelevant, as the only year Sermon was a starter he was facing Big 10 teams, whereas Hall played in the Big12, where the next good defense will be the first in 20+ years. Hall might be the most overated RB coming out of college of all time, and he still couldnt get drafted in the first.
Conferences aside Hall looks like the better RB to my eyes. I was never impressed with Sermon running in college,wasn't terrible but just nothing special at all. Only reason I took a chance on him was I saw a opportunity for a RB to come in and become the starter, who knew that would be Mitchell? Starting for the Jets isn't exactly a sweet spot to land, but they have tried to improve the OL at least.