• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now if only he can do something about Dionte's hands....

View attachment 265836

The Steelers had 4 guys in the top 25 for drop rate per PFR(30 Target min)

9 Connor 9.3%
10 Johnson 9%
19 Ebron 7.7%
22 Washington 7.1%

plus Samuels had 21.4% 3 on only 14 targets. Seems like a team wide issue 43 total drops

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now if only he can do something about Dionte's hands....

View attachment 265836

The Steelers had 4 guys in the top 25 for drop rate per PFR(30 Target min)

9 Connor 9.3%
10 Johnson 9%
19 Ebron 7.7%
22 Washington 7.1%

plus Samuels had 21.4% 3 on only 14 targets. Seems like a team wide issue 43 total drops
I see both the missing name, and the solution...
Throw it to Claypool

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw it to Claypool

His drop rate was better, but he still had 6 drops and a he had the 2nd worst catch rate(56.9%) on the team. Using Claypool more is a good idea though, but he's more of a gadget guy and they need to find creative ways to get the ball in his hands he's basically Cordarrelle Patterson 2.0 in a better situation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw it to Claypool
Claypools ceiling is astronomical, and i expect a leap forward this year and next. But there is a reason he lost work to james washington for a portion of the year...ppl saw the blow up games and highlights and became tantalized.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point , I'm not ruling out anything. Dead cap? Who cares. Cap hit? Who cares? Anything goes.

I dunno what exactly triggered this QB carousel this year..but it's spinning, and dominoes have already started falling. RW, Watson, Carr, Darnold, Mariota..Kevin Costner-Draft Day-esque trades with 3+ number 1's, why not?

He'll, I would even be inclined to buy Andrew Luck unretiring rumors the way its going.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypools ceiling is astronomical, and i expect a leap forward this year and next. But there is a reason he lost work to james washington for a portion of the year...ppl saw the blow up games and highlights and became tantalized.
I attribute that reason to being a raw, unpolished rookie.
Stomp ain't wrong that he's currently a gadget type niche player. But, is he a guy that can hone his craft? Learn the nuances the position? Read the coverages, find the holes, run routes with precision, create separation with something other than "out-athleting" the competition? All those things can be taught, he has all the tools that cannot be taught. Can he be that guy? Or is he really a new version of Patterson??
I don't own him in any leagues at all...and I'm holding out hope that he will be that guy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attribute that reason to being a raw, unpolished rookie.
Stomp ain't wrong that he's currently a gadget type niche player. But, is he a guy that can hone his craft? Learn the nuances the position? Read the coverages, find the holes, run routes with precision, create separation with something other than "out-athleting" the competition? All those things can be taught, he has all the tools that cannot be taught. Can he be that guy? Or is he really a new version of Patterson??
I don't own him in any leagues at all...and I'm holding out hope that he will be that guy.
Wow. I had to look up pattersons measurables. Never realized he was that big....good comp!

yeah i agre with what you are saying 500%. Concerning he came out early in the year ahead of washington. But he came back in end of the year.

Hes gonna get every chance. Juju said he wants to stay. But hes gonna hve to take a HUGE discount. Its likely claypool is moving up next year. Clearly ben doesnt hesitate to throw to him...

Supposedly his work ethic and humbleness is fantastic.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I had to look up pattersons measurables. Never realized he was that big....good comp!

yeah i agre with what you are saying 500%. Concerning he came out early in the year ahead of washington. But he came back in end of the year.

Hes gonna get every chance. Juju said he wants to stay. But hes gonna hve to take a HUGE discount. Its likely claypool is moving up next year. Clearly ben doesnt hesitate to throw to him...

Supposedly his work ethic and humbleness is fantastic.
Yeah, I don't what kind of restructuring they do for Ben they still aren't going to be able to afford to pay Juju anywhere close to what he wants, so that should definitely mean more opportunities for Claypool. He won't ever be a high volume guy though unless his route running precision improves a lot but he will always be able to go up and get the ball. Reminds me of Mike Williams except he can actually stay on the field. LOL.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went on and saw this. I would love to see what he could do if somebody would actually let the guy carry the rock more than a few times per game, but sadly that will just never happen at this point:

DUKE JOHNSONRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Texans released RB Duke Johnson.​

The move saves the Texans around $5 million in cap space for 2021. Johnson played in 27 games for Houston and rushed for 645 yards and three rushing scores. An excellent pass catcher, Johnson reeled in 72 balls for 659 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns during his two seasons with the Texans. Johnson was relegated to a situational back in the Houston offense, seeing double digit carries just three times in two years. He averaged a mere 3.59 targets per contest in 27 games with the Texans, much to the frustration of Duke Johnson truthers everywhere. Johnson didn't stand much chance of making the 2021 roster with Houston entering full rebuild mode. Johnson, who will be 28 in September, should catch on with a team in need of an experienced third down back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point , I'm not ruling out anything. Dead cap? Who cares. Cap hit? Who cares? Anything goes.

I dunno what exactly triggered this QB carousel this year..but it's spinning, and dominoes have already started falling. RW, Watson, Carr, Darnold, Mariota..Kevin Costner-Draft Day-esque trades with 3+ number 1's, why not?

He'll, I would even be inclined to buy Andrew Luck unretiring rumors the way its going.
I can see Darnold and Mariota getting moved, but don't see the others getting traded. I think for the vast majority the dead cap and cap hit matter. A few teams have kicked the can down the road, with a all in approach. Don't think that's the norm. Rams have gone full hog with the approach, not only kicking the can down the road cap wise, but dealing a slew of future 1st round picks away to boot. Very high risk and with all that risk they aren't favorites to go to the Superbowl. Maybe a couple of teams see a short window of opportunity and follow suit, but I think it isn't likely. Just all IMO.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went on and saw this. I would love to see what he could do if somebody would actually let the guy carry the rock more than a few times per game, but sadly that will just never happen at this point:

DUKE JOHNSONRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Texans released RB Duke Johnson.​

The move saves the Texans around $5 million in cap space for 2021. Johnson played in 27 games for Houston and rushed for 645 yards and three rushing scores. An excellent pass catcher, Johnson reeled in 72 balls for 659 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns during his two seasons with the Texans. Johnson was relegated to a situational back in the Houston offense, seeing double digit carries just three times in two years. He averaged a mere 3.59 targets per contest in 27 games with the Texans, much to the frustration of Duke Johnson truthers everywhere. Johnson didn't stand much chance of making the 2021 roster with Houston entering full rebuild mode. Johnson, who will be 28 in September, should catch on with a team in need of an experienced third down back.

me too... that's why I started him in week 11 and 12... and that's why I missed the playoffs (possible exaggeration), but point remains.

that said, if I'm Atlanta or Carolina, I might be intrigued by the skill set. Giants too, maybe. I don't see many other landing spots for him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Darnold and Mariota getting moved, but don't see the others getting traded. I think for the vast majority the dead cap and cap hit matter. A few teams have kicked the can down the road, with a all in approach. Don't think that's the norm. Rams have gone full hog with the approach, not only kicking the can down the road cap wise, but dealing a slew of future 1st round picks away to boot. Very high risk and with all that risk they aren't favorites to go to the Superbowl. Maybe a couple of teams see a short window of opportunity and follow suit, but I think it isn't likely. Just all IMO.
That's all true and can't argue any of the points, it just has this feeling that all the norms don't apply to your QB. The one player out of 53 where if he isnt on board, your franchise nosedive. Owners are in thus thing for the loooooonnnnnnggg term, an investment if you will. And often times, the best thing for the health of your long term investments is being willing to take it in the shorts from time to time.
I dunno what exactly the deal is with RW, Carroll and the Seahawks..what's been leaked isn't too terrible, but it ain't good...but, what's going on in Houston, that's not good for the franchise..not for the '21 season, not for long term player relations, not for PR...and definitely not for the value of the franchise...and for those reasons, I think a one year fisting on the cap situation is of little concern

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's going on in Houston, that's not good for the franchise..not for the '21 season, not for long term player relations, not for PR...and definitely not for the value of the franchise...and for those reasons, I think a one year fisting on the cap situation is of little concern

It's more then taking the cap hit for the Texans IMO. By going public Watson tanked his trade value. He signed his contract and got his big payday, then 100 days later demanding to get traded, knowing his contract screws the team dead money wise and cap wise and making it public tanks his trade value. I do believe the Texans would trade him if a trade makes football sense, but got to believe they haven't heard a offer that makes sense. So they'll stand firm and revisit it next season, when it makes more financial sense and they can test the trade market. Yeah I know his trade value supposedly goes down next season, but if their not getting full value offers this season....does it in fact go down next season?
Also trading him means upsetting the fan base who has let it be known they want Watson to stay in no uncertain terms. So PR wise it's actually a benefit not to trade him this season and see if their fans are more open to it next season, if at that point they want to trade him.
The Rams overpaid for Stafford, doesn't mean any other team will do the same and in fact I think teams are low balling cause of Watson going public. If I owned the Texans Watson won't be going anywhere any time soon.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't what kind of restructuring they do for Ben they still aren't going to be able to afford to pay Juju anywhere close to what he wants, so that should definitely mean more opportunities for Claypool. He won't ever be a high volume guy though unless his route running precision improves a lot but he will always be able to go up and get the ball. Reminds me of Mike Williams except he can actually stay on the field. LOL.
well a few comments on this. Juju knows the cap, and has said he wants to stay, and make a legacy here, soooooo curious what disount he'd take. People are saying he wants to do the heinz ward kinda thing, we'll see.......If ben restructures and takes say half of what he was scheduled, then maybe? I still don't see it.

If you check claypools game logs last year....he was targeted at a pretty nice clip.......They tried to get the ball into his hands, even just in space, because hes a freak athlete. Caveat that the steelers likely arent gona keep throwing 50 times a game though. But he had 109 targets last year as rotational wr.........good for 8.0 per game. Even if he maintained that, thats a good clip for his skill set....He was tied for the 29th most targets of any player last year....surprisingly. If Juju leaves, you would think that ticks upward actually.

I dont see mike williams, hes faster, and way more athletic, good in space.......that alone is not mike williams. Also think you're gonna see his routes greatly improve this year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, cap, trade value, money, franchise value, PR, ..all that aside...
I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me, not that it's probable, or likely, or even 50/50...just that it is certainly possible.

I find it oddly coincidental that the Panthers, one of the hot names in Watson rumors, cleared roughly 30 million in space last week, and the Texans are now beginning to make room too..could be something, could be nothing

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine hitting on your QB in the draft, only to have front office wreck your team so bad, that your QB doesn't want to play for your anymore