• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, Pitt better get involved soon. The QB musical chairs this offseason is going to be fun to watch unfold.
For who? Curious and outsiders view. Assuming ben is gone. I know who id like.its not who u think im sure

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that this morning, my first thought was that Ben may be regretting that statement, and reconsidering retirement himself
B19D0174-9CE2-4034-A811-C5F7F3FEBD21.pngA much younger Justin, me, helping at Louis Murphy’s football camp and both Pouncey twins were there. Later that year I got Gator tickets in the friends and family section from Murphy. His sister worked with my MIL at a local YMCA. I sat two rows in front of Tebow’s parents and next to the mother of Caleb Sturgis. She was super nice and talked my head off the whole time. Awesome experience.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For who? Curious and outsiders view. Assuming ben is gone. I know who id like.its not who u think im sure
If you want to challenge for a ring, I’d go hard after RW and figure out the cap. If you want to compete and have a chance I’d go Cousins. All of this assumes Ben is done. Or you could go through the draft and take Jones or Trask and build up the OL since they aren’t super mobile

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to challenge for a ring, I’d go hard after RW and figure out the cap. If you want to compete and have a chance I’d go Cousins. All of this assumes Ben is done. Or you could go through the draft and take Jones or Trask and build up the OL since they aren’t super mobile
I dont like jones or trask. So theres that. What do you like about them? Shouldnt say that. Trask i wanna see some chalkboard work. I do lioe trask. I can even see myself wanting trask. Pass on jones.

i dont see anyway in heck we gran RW or moneybags cousins.

tbh. I want jameis:rolleyes2: did last year too

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think the Steelers might be best served to hit a reset button---if Ben retires. With the cap issues, it'd be an awful lot of "kicking the can down the road" just to attempt to maybe compete with the Ravens, Browns and maybe even the new Joe Burrow Bengals.

Edit- unless they have an amazing draft with multiple lineman and a QB that all pan out immediately

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think the Steelers might be best served to hit a reset button---if Ben retires. With the cap issues, it'd be an awful lot of "kicking the can down the road" just to attempt to maybe compete with the Ravens, Browns and maybe even the new Joe Burrow Bengals.

Edit- unless they have an amazing draft with multiple lineman and a QB that all pan out immediately
Thats the thing. The d is there but our line is gonna be decimated..... tough becayse those defenses only last 1-3(max) at those insane elite levels. They will be good...but not top 2 good

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe even the new Joe Burrow Bengals
What is the news on Burrows?
He got hurt pretty bad, right?
Will he be good-to-go? Or is there reason for possible set-backs going forward?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the news on Burrows?
He got hurt pretty bad, right?
Will he be good-to-go? Or is there reason for possible set-backs going forward?
It was pretty bad, yes. Last I heard was he might be back around week 4-6, a candidate for PUP for sure, but even best case he's in real danger of missing week 1. So, it's doubtful the '21 Bengals are a big threat, barring some impressive play by whoever subs in for him and a strong return from Mixon too

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I hate to pull a hockey equivalent, but it’s like the Blackhawks after 2015... Spent too much future capital trying to compete for one more title and put off a necessary retooling which then became a full on rebuild. The sooner you realize the window has closed, the better.... I mean, the Steelers could try for one more, but if you miss, you’re setting yourself back a good 3-5 years...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hate to pull a hockey equivalent, but it’s like the Blackhawks after 2015... Spent too much future capital trying to compete for one more title and put off a necessary retooling which then became a full on rebuild. The sooner you realize the window has closed, the better.... I mean, the Steelers could try for one more, but if you miss, you’re setting yourself back a good 3-5 years...
Yeah but i think if you really think can win u do it. Id take a 3-5 rebuild for a title, anyone would.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben really does play another year..I think they have to try, I'm not sure how, but they have to try. If he doesn't, yeah, they should fully commit and just get to it. Sign whatever defensive stars they can to the longest contracts they can manage and rebuild the offense from square one

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fitzpatrick would be a great bridge, assuming they draft someone.

...but I think he might go to NE and round out his AFC East Hop.

I also think Winston and Darnold make sense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick would be a great bridge, assuming they draft someone.

...but I think he might go to NE and round out his AFC East Hop.

I also think Winston and Darnold make sense.
They do... and im on bord. Still more for jameis over darnold

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but i think if you really think can win u do it. Id take a 3-5 rebuild for a title, anyone would.

Well that is the gamble... There is some hope, but if you miss...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is the gamble... There is some hope, but if you miss...
If you miss, you miss. Theres rare times u think your def a top contender. Take your shot. Dont waffle in mediocrity. Just my tke

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you miss, you miss. Theres rare times u think your def a top contender. Take your shot. Dont waffle in mediocrity. Just my tke

Guess maybe from an outside looking in perspective, thinking you all are just not as close as you think you are... Again, going back to the Blackhawks. We are suffering right now from a lack of acknowledgment in 2016 that we weren’t simply a player or two away... We traded away some great assets for another shot and just missed by a mile because, as it turns out, we really were NOT that close.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess maybe from an outside looking in perspective, thinking you all are just not as close as you think you are... Again, going back to the Blackhawks. We are suffering right now from a lack of acknowledgment in 2016 that we weren’t simply a player or two away... We traded away some great assets for another shot and just missed by a mile because, as it turns out, we really were NOT that close.
Wait i never said i thini we r close exactly....im saying in general, you take your shot. They missed, it didn't work out. But more than liekly, you may be better than you r now, but you werent again beyond thag year. When an organization thinks the stars MAY align, you go for it. Look what tampa did...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait i never said i thini we r close exactly....im saying in general, you take your shot. They missed, it didn't work out. But more than liekly, you may be better than you r now, but you werent again beyond thag year. When an organization thinks the stars MAY align, you go for it. Look what tampa did...
Tampa was a young team with a lot of talent... They weren’t an aging team looking to take one last shot before rebuilding. Sure, I guess any team can catch lightning in a bottle. Tampa was a team last year that oozed with potential, but a QB who tossed 30+ INTs... I think their path was a bit more obvious. I don’t see as obvious a fix for Pittsburgh.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I guess I disagree with your premise that you take that shot, unless you can give yourself a better than a puncher’s chance. I just don’t see it with Pittsburgh...