• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like mack and think he'll get a shot. His competition isn't anything crazy but could end up a committee. I don't really expect them to bring any body else in though.

actually kinda like the committee approach when you don't telegraph to the defense which RB will carry between the tackles and which will bounce it outside. Nyheim Hines - from the limited research I've done, seems more like a split it wide type, which was the feeling we were getting about Mack. Converted WR, some blurbs said teams actually contacted him about playing WR.....so he could just be Colts version of CMC.

prob ends up bring a true hot-hand gets the touches situation.

fingers crossed Mack gets it together in year 2, liked what I saw in college when researching last year's rookies, but foolishly thought he could unseat Gore. Drake owners will say this at least 2-3 times this year: "DAMN YOU FRANK GORE!!!!"

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually kinda like the committee approach when you don't telegraph to the defense which RB will carry between the tackles and which will bounce it outside. Nyheim Hines - from the limited research I've done, seems more like a split it wide type, which was the feeling we were getting about Mack. Converted WR, some blurbs said teams actually contacted him about playing WR.....so he could just be Colts version of CMC.

prob ends up bring a true hot-hand gets the touches situation.

fingers crossed Mack gets it together in year 2, liked what I saw in college when researching last year's rookies, but foolishly thought he could unseat Gore. Drake owners will say this at least 2-3 times this year: "DAMN YOU FRANK GORE!!!!"
Right? I see a whole bunch of 80-100 yard games, but really low TD totals for Drake, might even have more receiving TD's than rushing. I'll bet Gore gets a ton of work inside the 20's

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnit..its after the draft, why haven't Dez, Demarco, Darkwa, AP, Charles, CJ, Marshall..ect .. Signed somewhere yet? Get on it, damnit

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnit..its after the draft, why haven't Dez, Demarco, Darkwa, AP, Charles, CJ, Marshall..ect .. Signed somewhere yet? Get on it, damnit

ones I'm actually interested in seeing their landing spot:
CJA
Darkwa
Dez

poor Dez - he's even more 'landing-spot-dependent' than this year's rookie class, imo.
Needs to go somewhere lacking a big RZ receiver, willing to put up with him and pay him a 1yr deal, and a decent QB already

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darkwa is intriguing.

Not that I own him or anything...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In order...
Pats, Jets, Bears, Panthers, Bills, Colts, "Inside the NFL"

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agent: Pats mulled trade to No. 2 for Mayfield

Tue, 01 May 2018 09:59:12 -0700

The New England Patriots reportedly were interested enough in University of Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield to pull off a trade with the New York Giants for the No. 2 overall pick prior to the start of the NFL Draft if he fell past the Cleveland Browns at No. 1, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.

Fantasy Tip: The article seems to suggest Mayfield was the apple of the New York Jets' eye at No. 3 as well. Mayfield obviously went to the Browns with the first pick, while the Patriots ended up with LSU quarterback Danny Etling in the seventh round. Mayfield may not be worth much in fantasy leagues right away, but the level of reported interest in him at the top of the draft suggests he was several teams' top quarterback prospect.

Pretty much every team that had a predraft visit with him had him number 1

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The New England Patriots reportedly were interested enough in University of Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield to pull off a trade with the New York Giants for the No. 2 overall pick prior to the start of the NFL Draft if he fell past the Cleveland Browns at No. 1, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.

Fantasy Tip: The article seems to suggest Mayfield was the apple of the New York Jets' eye at No. 3 as well. Mayfield obviously went to the Browns with the first pick, while the Patriots ended up with LSU quarterback Danny Etling in the seventh round. Mayfield may not be worth much in fantasy leagues right away, but the level of reported interest in him at the top of the draft suggests he was several teams' top quarterback prospect.

According to his agent..no bias there whatsoever

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have heard most teams had mayfield #1 on their boards

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked him as a player. .... sad to see him go. ... about as reliable as reliable gets.

Jason Witten retired after 15 seasons in the NFL.
News of Witten's likely retirement surfaced during the draft last week, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the tight end had yet to make up his mind. He apparently has now. Following in the footsteps of long-time quarterback Tony Romo, Witten will step right into the broadcast booth as the analyst for ESPN's Monday Night Football. A career Cowboy, Witten finishes his run with the fourth-most receptions in NFL history and the second-most by a tight end behind just Tony Gonzalez. With two First-Team All-Pros and 11 Pro Bowls to his name, Witten is very likely to end up in the Hall of Fame.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just too bad the kid is a complete bonehead. ...

An arrest warrant has been issued for Robby Anderson stemming from a misdemeanor reckless driving charge in Florida.
The good news is this incident was previously known; Anderson had several felony charges thrown out in court after he was arrested in January. The only charge that stuck was misdemeanor reckless driving. The bad news is Anderson appears to have skipped his court date, which was scheduled for Tuesday. In a separate incident, Anderson is scheduled to go to trial for resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice in August. It would be a surprise at this point if Anderson did NOT open the 2018 season on at least a short suspension.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just too bad the kid is a complete bonehead. ...

An arrest warrant has been issued for Robby Anderson stemming from a misdemeanor reckless driving charge in Florida.
The good news is this incident was previously known; Anderson had several felony charges thrown out in court after he was arrested in January. The only charge that stuck was misdemeanor reckless driving. The bad news is Anderson appears to have skipped his court date, which was scheduled for Tuesday. In a separate incident, Anderson is scheduled to go to trial for resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice in August. It would be a surprise at this point if Anderson did NOT open the 2018 season on at least a short suspension.

latest blurb I read has his lawyer contesting this missed court date - said the judge/district never gave them notice that they even had a court date.

My guess: it was written on the ticket, and Anderson ran out of papers, so he used his ticket to roll one up.
Just a guess though.......

Sucks, cause he really looked good last year with a bigger role in the offense. Some nice grabs on the run and in traffic, needs a vet to slap him in the face to get right

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is bringing in lots of older players...thats for sure.

He's smart for bringing these older players. Guys like Jordy Nelson can be a real leader in the locker room and help out the younger receivers. Gruden will do great things in Oakland then Vegas LOL

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest blurb I read has his lawyer contesting this missed court date - said the judge/district never gave them notice that they even had a court date.

My guess: it was written on the ticket, and Anderson ran out of papers, so he used his ticket to roll one up.

Sucks, cause he really looked good last year with a bigger role in the offense. Some nice grabs on the run and in traffic, needs a vet to slap him in the face to get right
Lol, nice

But, when you arrested and have a lawyer representing you on record, and he's the one getting charges dismissed, those notices go to the lawyer, not the "suspect". And they're signed for certified mail type stuff. So if they got one and are lying about it, there is a record. If not, wouldn't be the first time a court clerk dropped the paperwork ball.

But yea, still a f'n bonehead and deserves whatever he gets

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Robby Anderson's attorney said the warrant for his client has been lifted.

Ed O'Donnell said the warrant was a clerical error by the court, which failed to notify O'Donnell and his client about a hearing. A new court date has been set for July 19. All felony charges stemming from Anderson's January arrest have been dropped, but he is still facing a misdemeanor reckless driving charge."

Well I'll be damned an attorney that didn't lie

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that his response to the officer's question of, "where are you headed so fast?"...was, "going to fuck your wife and nut in her face"!

Yowza!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that his response to the officer's question of, "where are you headed so fast?"...was, "going to fuck your wife and nut in her face"!

Yowza!

yea, again, I'm a huge fan of the talent, I think he's got some great football ahead of himself if he can cut out the side antics.
problem is, with the NFL, you start going down this path, and teams lose interest in giving you a chance.
Always someone younger - - and with the rookie wage scale, typically cheaper - - that is willing to work their ass off and stay relatively clean, and they're chomping at the bit to take that job.

being a tough guy/bad ass must be the coolest feeling in the world, if so many knuckleheads are willing to give up millions of dollars, literally millions, in order to prove that they are the baddest mofo around.