• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per nfl.com

Sources Tell Us
"For being a creative back, he has no juice to get away from anyone. He's a rotational back. I wouldn't take him any sooner than the 5th (round) because you can find guys like that all over the place." - NFC running backs coach
NFL Comparison
Terrance West

IN OUR VIEW: A ballcarrier with natural ability to do things most athletes can't, Yeldon is "Mr. Smooth" with his agility and movement skills (almost like he floats), making defenders miss all over the field with his shifty feet and redirection ability. He tends to hesitate a tick too long at times and needs to be more decisive instead of waiting for plays to develop, taking too much time reading blocks and defenders - the NFL has too much speed for him to get away with this (just ask Trent Richardson). Although he is capable of running between the tackles, Yeldon is much better in space and at the second level, projecting best as a complimentary weapon on offense with his promise as a pass catcher and pass protector - well-equipped to make an immediate impact for a running back-by-committee system as a glorified third down option.

per CBS sports
And with an official 40 time above 4.6, he's not going be very good in space in the NFL either

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaguars are expected to use two-tight end "12" personnel "so much it might be their base grouping."
In a major departure from last year's Jedd Fisch-coordinated three-receiver offense, Marcedes Lewis and Julius Thomas would be near-full-time players, with only two wide receivers on the field and RB T.J. Yeldon. With Allen Hurns consistently staying ahead of injury-riddled Marqise Lee, Hurns is positioned to be an every-down regular on offense. Per the Florida Times-Union, Hurns and Allen Robinson have been "in a dead heat" for the best receiver in camp.

Gee there's a shocker. With only Hurns, Robinson and Lee, all of which ideally suited for #2 &#3 roles, and two very good receiving TE's, who didn't see that coming?

With a subpar (yet with plenty of potential) QB, no true threat on the outside, and two TE's on the field, the middle of the field is going to be full of defenders. Very bad news for Yeldon/Gerhert/Shoelace. The first two don't have either the speed and quickness to elude defenders, nor the power to break a whole lot of tackles. And Shoelace can't break arm tackles. Gonna be another long year offensively in JAX...they've got to get a serious WR, and Bortles has to become a legit QB for any of it to work

The only thing said here that I don't agree with is Robinson. Kid is good - if he can stay healthy. Garbage points are just as good as competitive ones in fantasy. .... I see many garbage pts in his future.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DorialGreenBeckham_face.jpg
Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Titans
down.jpg

Dorial Green-Beckham isn't expected to make much of an impact early on as a rookie, according to team reporter Jim Wyatt. Green-Beckham has struggled with drops in practice.

from WalterFootball.com

This will definitely cool the DGB talk there

For what its worth I heard DGB was abusing the DBs in camp

He had an awful lot of negative things about him coming into the draft, mostly his mindset, attitude, personal responsibility. Why do receivers drop balls? Because they aren't focused on what they're doing. Goes right back to the mental aspects that everyone was concerned about to start with. Just a small piece of evidence that starts to confirm those concerns

I sense a conspiracy here to attempt to lessen our opinion on our rook. .... not working - yet.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing said here that I don't agree with is Robinson. Kid is good - if he can stay healthy. Garbage points are just as good as competitive ones in fantasy. .... I see many garbage pts in his future.
Well I was speaking in more general real NFL terms which would relate to the fantasy world. But yes, ARob is an adequate fantasy WR, when healthy. But he's not setting fear into the hearts of D cooridinators anywhere

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense a conspiracy here to attempt to lessen our opinion on our rook. .... not working - yet.
You can trust %100, that I'll never make a move to acquire him, even if available on waivers and all I'd have to do is drop a third kicker from my squad.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can trust %100, that I'll never make a move to acquire him, even if available on waivers and all I'd have to do is drop a third kicker from my squad.

Gee Treff - Wish you stop being so wishy washy. ....... :D Fuzzy will be very disappointed if he's not an impact guy next yr.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...I just mean that I look at him and see Titus Young, and Titus Young burnt me 2 straight years. .not again

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Josh Gordon was not arrested for DWI today...not yet, anyway. ;)

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...I just mean that I look at him and see Titus Young, and Titus Young burnt me 2 straight years. .not again
DGB and Young have the same head but not the same body type-DGB is a freak. I am still excited about his physical tools. Maybe I get burned like Treff with Titus, but he is worth a roster stash in dynasty to me.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith Sr says he's retiring after this year.

I love watching him. He's the feistiest player I've ever seen. I hope he makes it to the Hall of Fame.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's time to give up on my Bryce Brown sleeper hopes...

Bryce Brown appears to have fallen behind fifth-round rookie Karlos Williams on the Bills' tailback depth chart.

Brown has continued to fumble away his opportunities -- literally -- on the practice field, while Williams will be a core special teamer for Buffalo. As will be Anthony Dixon. All of them are behind LeSean McCoy and Fred Jackson. Coach Rex Ryan recently called Brown "disappointing, to put it mildly." Brown should be hitting waivers sometime before September begins.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bryce Brown appears to have fallen behind fifth-round rookie Karlos Williams on the Bills' tailback depth chart.

Brown has continued to fumble away his opportunities -- literally -- on the practice field, while Williams will be a core special teamer for Buffalo. As will be Anthony Dixon. All of them are behind LeSean McCoy and Fred Jackson. Coach Rex Ryan recently called Brown "disappointing, to put it mildly." Brown should be hitting waivers sometime before September begins.
If Rex finds him disappointing, Belichick will pick him up and he'll run for three TDs against the Bills and then never be seen again.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually happy about that trade. Without Shady, I'd be cursing Brown... since we don't need him now, I'm not upset.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots RB's were mentioned in three separate parts on rotoworld this morning. .

Apparently Blount is head and shoulders above everyone, Boldin is currently in the lead as the receiving back, while James White is pulling a repeat of last year and disappearing while in pads.

Not one single whisper about Jonas Gray...hmmm

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots RB's were mentioned in three separate parts on rotoworld this morning. .

Apparently Blount is head and shoulders above everyone, Boldin is currently in the lead as the receiving back, while James White is pulling a repeat of last year and disappearing while in pads.

Not one single whisper about Jonas Gray...hmmm

I admit Blount is the guy to own, but Gray isn't going anywhere. Bolden beating out White has nothing to do with Blount and Gray. If Blount goes down, you will hear Gray's name. For me, my rankings are about not trusting Blount's abilities to stay dirty on the field and clean off of it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be too sure. .listed as the third FB...that guy generally gets cut. ..

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh.

Grossman, Vick among possibilities for Jets?
  • By Conor Orr
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 11, 2015 at 03:50 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 11, 2015 at 04:05 p.m.

Geno Smith's broken jaw, which he sustained at the hand of a teammate Tuesday and may keep him off the field for as many as 10 weeks, will force the Jets into a deep dive for a serviceable backup to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Play NFL Fantasy Football!
0ap3000000491975.jpg
According to NFL Media's Rand Getlin and NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, that dive has already started.

Per Getlin, the team has reached out to Rex Grossman who was injured while training and may need a few weeks to get back up to speed.

Rapoport, speaking on Inside Training Camp Live, also wondered whether this could open the door for Michael Vick's return to New York.

Over the course of the next few hours, we should hear plenty more about Vick and Grossman, but also names like Tyler Thigpen, a former Gailey student who was a serviceable option for the coordinator during a grim year in Kansas City.

Either way, this is not the work new general manager Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles were hoping to do in training camp.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, was he out? I hadn't noticed...

Randle (oblique) returned to practice Tuesday, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Analysis: Randle only missed one practice, suggesting his oblique issue may have been nothing more than a bit of soreness. Meanwhile, Darren McFadden (hamstring) and Lance Dunbar (ankle) are dealing with more serious injuries, leaving plenty of practice reps for Randle, Lache Seastrunk and Gus Johnson. Randle is shaping up as the favorite to lead the Dallas backfield, but McFadden and Dunbar could still push for roles, especially on passing downs.