• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown beating out Floyd/Fitz is at least possible. Bryant beating out AB is not even a ...fantasy.

Anyway. I should shut up. Doesn't involve me and I have Brown.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not quite sure what your point is TKO. Obviously A brown stays......

but the thing is JOHN BROWN was gonna be the slot receiver, period.

Marty B is likely gonna be the #2 on the outside, giving him a big edge in snaps, over wheaton and brown.......not sure why thats difficult to understand

Never said anything about A brown, how did he get in this convo

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not quite sure what your point is TKO. Obviously A brown stays......

but the thing is JOHN BROWN was gonna be the slot receiver, period.

Marty B is likely gonna be the #2 on the outside, giving him a big edge in snaps, over wheaton and brown.......not sure why thats difficult to understand

Never said anything about A brown, how did he get in this convo

?

You're missing my point. There is absolutely no evidence that Brown was going to be just "a slot guy". That is pure speculation on your part. And by going that "consensus" depth chart route, you have to put Bryant in the same position (3rd WR, outside sure, but not in 2-WR sets. Although I agree he should be, the depth chart says otherwise.

My point on bringing up AB, was to say Bryant's chances at becoming a One, are MASSIVELY less than JB becoming Arizona's One.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

You're missing my point. There is absolutely no evidence that Brown was going to be just "a slot guy". That is pure speculation on your part. And by going that "consensus" depth chart route, you have to put Bryant in the same position (3rd WR, outside sure, but not in 2-WR sets. Although I agree he should be, the depth chart says otherwise.

My point on bringing up AB, was to say Bryant's chances at becoming a One, are MASSIVELY less than JB becoming Arizona's One.
well considering word out of zona was that brown was to be the slot, and word out of pittsburgh was that bryant is going to the #2 , i mean i would have to follow that.....

your criticizing going for "consensus" depth chart. But ben made one public comment about wheaton the other day, and now 5-6 guys in MBBRL have decided wheaton has increased value and bryant is down.......

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well considering word out of zona was that brown was to be the slot, and word out of pittsburgh was that bryant is going to the #2 , i mean i would have to follow that.....

your criticizing going for "consensus" depth chart. But ben made one public comment about wheaton the other day, and now 5-6 guys in MBBRL have decided wheaton has increased value and bryant is down.......

Personally, I don't care what anyone says. But what I do know is that John Beown can easily be the WR1 in Zona, a la TY Hilton. Despite what the word was, Floyd failed miserably last year and Fitz is on his last legs. Brown and Palmer are gaining chemistry and points are points.

I do not have Wheaton higher than Bryant, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and Wheaton was the "sleeper" last year pre draft. Not out of the question he steps up, especially when his QB is calling him out.

Anyway...this went way beyond what I was planning. Agree to disagree. To each his own, etc.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't care what anyone says. But what I do know is that John Beown can easily be the WR1 in Zona, a la TY Hilton. Despite what the word was, Floyd failed miserably last year and Fitz is on his last legs. Brown and Palmer are gaining chemistry and points are points.

I do not have Wheaton higher than Bryant, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and Wheaton was the "sleeper" last year pre draft. Not out of the question he steps up, especially when his QB is calling him out.

Anyway...this went way beyond what I was planning. Agree to disagree. To each his own, etc.
Relax buddy. I'm not worked up. Actually quite the contrary .

These exact exchanges are what force us all to look outside our boxes. To gain some perspective on our views, and ultimately football and fantasy knowledge. Just my two cents. :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the point is moot now anyway but it made for some good posts. :suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax buddy. I'm not worked up. Actually quite the contrary .

These exact exchanges are what force us all to look outside our boxes. To gain some perspective on our views, and ultimately football and fantasy knowledge. Just my two cents. :suds:

Not worked up either. :)

Perhaps my "I don't care what anyone says" looks wrong, but I'm talking about coaches and players, not you guys.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well heres the thing.....bryant is going to be the #2, browns gonna be a 3..........big difference there...............just sayin, your taking out 40% of the snaps from a 2-3

No, he's not. It's Wheaton. I can't sit by and let that misinformation stand.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben confirmed what some of us were already thinking. I had Martavis last year and he was great value in the middle of the season, but he's limited. I wish Ben hadn't said anything because Wheaton was a prime sleeper. Martavis is so overvalued now it's silly. Martavis only had 1 game over 100 yards in his last 6.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben confirmed what some of us were already thinking. I had Martavis last year and he was great value in the middle of the season, but he's limited. I wish Ben hadn't said anything because Wheaton was a prime sleeper. Martavis is so overvalued now it's silly. Martavis only had 1 game over 100 yards in his last 6.
Once again, just like last year

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, just like last year
But last year was a lot of fluke type stuff. My love for him this year was based on him winning the #2 outright, and not having to depend on the fluke stuff. If it's going to be just like last year, the chance of him repeating the pace he had last year is slim to slimmer

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But last year was a lot of fluke type stuff. My love for him this year was based on him winning the #2 outright, and not having to depend on the fluke stuff. If it's going to be just like last year, the chance of him repeating the pace he had last year is slim to slimmer
Well that's obvios

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno..hard to say is a difference of opinion. Either coaches were chewing his ass or they weren't

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt says he's been "pleased" with fifth-round pick David Cobb despite the rookie's early struggles in pass protection.
Cobb infamously got chewed out for blitz-pickup errors in one of his first practices of camp. "I see good patience as a runner," Whisenhunt said. "You can see he’s got good vision. I think we’re going to be very pleased with him with his ability to break tackles and extend the run. He’s got good feet, he’s really got a good feel. He’s got some work to do on protection, not so much from a mental standpoint but from a technical standpoint. But I’ve been pleased." Aug 4 - 8:59 PM

Pass protection is a growing pain that all rookie RBs have.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pk..so they did chew his ass, but they like him in everything but pass pro..
Pretty black and white

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pk..so they did chew his ass, but they like him in everything but pass pro..
Pretty black and white
That is why I made sure to snatch him up in our dynasty league. I like Cobb.