• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Advice

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I could use some opinions before tomorrow. Last week I had to pick up Kolb as an emergency QB since my back up was hurt and my starter was on a bye.

This week I have Kolb playing against the Bills so I decided maybe to give him another look. My other option is Romo against the Ravens. Romo has been pretty good in the past in fantasy but this year he's been terrible.

Who would you guys start?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess Romo.

Kolb I just think sucks really bad. Its a great match up but I could never trust the guy. Romo I hate but if it came down to the two I think I would have to go with him.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey guys I could use some opinions before tomorrow. Last week I had to pick up Kolb as an emergency QB since my back up was hurt and my starter was on a bye.

This week I have Kolb playing against the Bills so I decided maybe to give him another look. My other option is Romo against the Ravens. Romo has been pretty good in the past in fantasy but this year he's been terrible.

Kolb.

But it's close. Bills can't generate pressure, but the Cardinals can't block anyone. =
--1a.) Home Game. Crowd noise not a factor for ARI OL.

Cardinals have no run game what so ever -- don't have to worry about them stealing points. +

Stephon Gilmore has been trash. ++

10 days to prepare. ++

Okay, not so close...

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bills give up the most(26.9) fantasy points to opposing qbs in standard leagues. Where as the ravens give up the 3rd least fantasy points(11.5).*

Just to give you an idea of the qbs the Bills have faced this year:

5 SF A. Smith 18 24 303 3 0 12.62 16.83
5 SF C. Kaepernick 1 1 7 0 0 7.00 7.00
4 NE T. Brady 22 36 340 3 0 9.44 15.45
3 CLE B. Weeden 27 43 237 1 2 5.51 8.78
2 KC M. Cassel 23 42 301 2 1 7.17 13.09

So it's not like the Bills have faced some elite qbs.

And for the ravens...

5 KC B. Quinn 3 3 32 0 0 10.67 10.67
5 KC M. Cassel 9 15 92 0 2 6.13 10.22
4 CLE B. Weeden 25 52 320 0 1 6.15 12.80
3 NE T. Brady 28 41 335 1 0 8.17 11.96
2 PHI M. Vick 23 32 371 1 2 11.59 16.13

This is close. If you want to play the match up, then go with Kolb. But if you want to play it somewhat safe, then go with Romo since he's a proven qb. Have fun with it and try not stress over it too much.

Good luck!

*schedule adjusted fantasy points allowed

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still go with Romo. He had a horrible game against the Bears and has had a full 2 weeks to think about it. I predict the Cowboys will have a nice bounce back game against the Ravens.

Also Kolb has yet to prove he is anything but a QB riding his Defense. The Bills are but hurt after the last 2 weeks and now get to face a team with no running game and a bad OL. The Bills will have a good Defensive showing this week. I actually expect a low scoring game out of the Bills vs Cards as both teams will make plenty of mistakes.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still go with Romo. He had a horrible game against the Bears and has had a full 2 weeks to think about it. I predict the Cowboys will have a nice bounce back game against the Ravens.

Also Kolb has yet to prove he is anything but a QB riding his Defense. The Bills are but hurt after the last 2 weeks and now get to face a team with no running game and a bad OL. The Bills will have a good Defensive showing this week. I actually expect a low scoring game out of the Bills vs Cards as both teams will make plenty of mistakes.

Agreed what Iz saw as a positive I see as a negative no running game means that the Bills will pin their ears back and rush the passer. Also even though Kolb has Fitz he can't seem to get the ball to him consistently.

So I would go for Romo even though his match up on paper is worst Cowboys should come out firing against the Ravens who aren't as good on Defense as they once where.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the advice fellas. The numbers don't lie, I'm going with Kolb.

Just my luck, that Romo will go off lol but that is the risk you take.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Overlooked that Romo had two weeks off. Cary Williams is a DB you want your #2WR going up against, but the Ravens are going to start using Jimmy Smith more rumor has it (IMO he is good for at least one mistake, but that's still better than CW).

When it comes to the Cardinals' run game which is expected to be zlich, they'll go into their spread offense with their SPREAD RBs in Steven-Howlings and Powell. The point I'm trying to make is that they're not losing anything from their spread offense, which is pretty good when their OL can block. Andre Roberts has transformed into more than a respectable WR too, so it's not just Fitzgerald anymore.