• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons get their guy

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons hired Dan Quinn as head coach.
It's a five-year deal. The Falcons had their eyes set on Quinn from the start of this whole hiring process, and Quinn reportedly preferred the Atlanta job over any other. It's a wonderful hire, and Quinn should immediately begin turning around what has been a truly awful defensive unit in recent seasons. Kyle Shanahan has already been hired to coordinate the offense. Now, GM Thomas Dimitroff and fellow personnel man Scott Pioli need to inject some talent into the roster. :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons hired Dan Quinn as head coach.
It's a five-year deal. The Falcons had their eyes set on Quinn from the start of this whole hiring process, and Quinn reportedly preferred the Atlanta job over any other. It's a wonderful hire, and Quinn should immediately begin turning around what has been a truly awful defensive unit in recent seasons. Kyle Shanahan has already been hired to coordinate the offense. Now, GM Thomas Dimitroff and fellow personnel man Scott Pioli need to inject some talent into the roster. :suds:

I guess...locally there was so much spin put on this search it's hard to say...the only thing I can say for certain is the Falcons wanted a DEF minded HC.

By most accounts...they really wanted Rex, but he wanted more personnel power that they were willing to give...next up was Bowman was well liked but they had concerns about his OC...Quinn offered them the best of both...strong DEF background, and had an established OC to bring with him.

Dimitroff...many fans wanted him out with Smitty...I'm surprised he survived to be honest, too many blown FA signings. I understand he was demoted, but basically bumped upstairs...no longer picking players.