• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons clean house

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, the tide turned on the second half scoring drive for the Patriots that was at least partially penalty-aided. There hadn't been many penalties called to that point, and was a pretty clear indicator that the Falcons were losing focus.

True dat. Multiple plays in a row.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably be Seattle and New England again next year because the AFC is the most pathetic excuse for an NFL conference I've ever seen.

Seattle basically marched out a college equivalent offensive line, can't get any worse than that and they still made the playoffs (nearly with a bye) and won a game without the best safety in the league and a top 3 corner nursing an injury. Cardinals will be terrible, San Fran is terrible, and LA is still terrible although they have Seattle's #.

Now that there's footage of Dak/Elliott I doubt they'll have the same success, but perhaps. That defense is still suspect.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and they deserved to win. Atlanta played so stupid the last quarter that theyou have up their right to win the game. I don't get why so many people here are unwilling to recognize this. I guess maybe they think if they agree that the play calling was terrible they're in some way admitting Atlanta was the better team but anyone who watched it could already tell you that anyway lol. At the end though you can't make that many blunders in such a small span and expect to beat a good team with the greatest QB of all time

I won't say ATL was the better team because they didn't finish and win the game. Most impartial NFL fans that I've talked to...to a man they felt ATL wet the bed and NE took advantage of it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most impartial NFL fans that I've talked to...to a man they felt ATL wet the bed and NE took advantage of it.
without question...as long as I've watched huge comebacks and Staubach had many back in the day, it's always a combination of both. At the end of the day, both teams were who they were.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say ATL was the better team because they didn't finish and win the game. Most impartial NFL fans that I've talked to...to a man they felt ATL wet the bed and NE took advantage of it.
Yep. Really weird too because normally if anot inexperienced team or a coach is gonna yack it up its going to be at the start of the game and not the end

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Really weird too because normally if anot inexperienced team or a coach is gonna yack it up its going to be at the start of the game and not the end

I didn't hang around for the post game interviews etc. I know Shanahan accepted blame for the loss, but did not address why he passed the ball on the 22 yd line....at least I didn't hear it.

At least locally here...that has a lot of fans still pissed. Okay you. fucked up and admitted it, but why? Left hanging.

Quinn side stepped it too.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been here since right after the game. I've got little problem with this move really. Defense is young so they'll be fine. The entire staff pretty much collapsed in the clutch. Giving up 9 points in 50 minutes and 25 in the last 13 of the Super Bowl will get you canned especially when the defense wasn't very good to begin with. It'd be different if this was the only time it happened but we went into the same prevent defense too early against San Diego and New Orleans in the regular season. If you don't learn from your mistakes you won't get kept around. Team has too much talent to lose games because of coaching errors. 3 times in 19 games is more than enough proof they didn't learn

That you have and major props for that. You've been here the entire time!

Spot on in your analysis! Best of luck next year... You guys will be back!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about this. Pretty shitty that the guy that cost them the SB takes a promotion and the defensive guys get the shaft.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been here since right after the game. I've got little problem with this move really. Defense is young so they'll be fine. The entire staff pretty much collapsed in the clutch. Giving up 9 points in 50 minutes and 25 in the last 13 of the Super Bowl will get you canned especially when the defense wasn't very good to begin with. It'd be different if this was the only time it happened but we went into the same prevent defense too early against San Diego and New Orleans in the regular season. If you don't learn from your mistakes you won't get kept around. Team has too much talent to lose games because of coaching errors. 3 times in 19 games is more than enough proof they didn't learn

I read that at one point, after the 3 3rd down conversions on "holding" penalties and then the turnover that the defense was on the field for 24 straight plays.

No one can weather that and have anything in the tank at the end of the game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that at one point, after the 3 3rd down conversions on "holding" penalties and then the turnover that the defense was on the field for 24 straight plays.

No one can weather that and have anything in the tank at the end of the game.
Yeah that was the other weird thing about throwing it so much in the 4th quarter. Obviously your D is gassed. At least by running it you can give the D a bit more of a break . Obviously hindsight is always 20/20 but I feel like that should've been pretty obvious to everyone. Anyway I'm moving on. No sense in reliving it. Hopefully if Atlanta gets another crack in the next few years they can draw on that experience to know what to do better. I mean realistically they played great for 5/6 of the game but just gotta close

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for Christ's sake you tossers with all of your excuses.

Why was the defense on the field for so long? Because the offense wasn't.

Matt Ryan shit the bed. Bad play calls or not, he's the reason why the Falcons lost.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was the other weird thing about throwing it so much in the 4th quarter. Obviously your D is gassed. At least by running it you can give the D a bit more of a break . Obviously hindsight is always 20/20 but I feel like that should've been pretty obvious to everyone. Anyway I'm moving on. No sense in reliving it. Hopefully if Atlanta gets another crack in the next few years they can draw on that experience to know what to do better. I mean realistically they played great for 5/6 of the game but just gotta close

They didn't score with MORE than a third of the game left. Your math sucks.

...and you're a big pussy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They led by 16 with like 7 or 8 minutes left man. I don't know how you do math but seems pretty easy. Anyway it's pointless to discuss this with most Pats fans because the truth is you guys think the first 53 minutes of the game was an aberration and the last 10 minutes was legit. That's going to get us nowhere so congrats on the win. Hopefully we can get a rematch next year

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They led by 16 with like 7 or 8 minutes left man. I don't know how you do math but seems pretty easy. Anyway it's pointless to discuss this with most Pats fans because the truth is you guys think the first 53 minutes of the game was an aberration and the last 10 minutes was legit. That's going to get us nowhere so congrats on the win. Hopefully we can get a rematch next year

Cool post bro. Did you hear me? For MORE than a third of the game that vaulted offense the Pat's D had no answer for couldn't score a single point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool post bro. Did you hear me? For MORE than a third of the game that vaulted offense the Pat's D had no answer for couldn't score a single point.
Yep I heard you. And for 70% of the game your offense scored 3. Who cares? None of that matters

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serious question. Why aren't you, you know... happy?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Houston Oilers - Buddy Ryan (While they probably be fine in the regular season, playoffs...)

One can say the process of falling on a sword led to the Tennessee Titans......

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I heard you. And for 70% of the game your offense scored 3. Who cares? None of that matters

In a short time, I'll be off your ass but for now, not so much. The claims you stated as fact were nullified over a period of time exceeding a third of the game. Therefore, your two weeks of obnoxious claims were dead wrong. You stated them as fact. You have no testes.

Serious question. Why aren't you, you know... happy?

:scratch:

Happy as hell.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to see you pissed off at the universe.