• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Extra points

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word in the media is that the point after has become so easy that it may be eliminated and the TD just awarded 7 points.

I disagree, not that change is not needed but that the play is eliminated.

Options to add in difficulty and therefore add excitement to the game;

Move the ball from the 2 yard line to the 20 or even 30 yard line.
Keep it at the 2, but it must be punted.
Move the punt location back as well, 10 yd line or 15.
Even harder would be, must be punted by the QB, which would then the defense would never know - 1 pt punt or 2 pt throw.

Thoughts?
Opinions?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word in the media is that the point after has become so easy that it may be eliminated and the TD just awarded 7 points.

I disagree, not that change is not needed but that the play is eliminated.

Options to add in difficulty and therefore add excitement to the game;

Move the ball from the 2 yard line to the 20 or even 30 yard line.
Keep it at the 2, but it must be punted.
Move the punt location back as well, 10 yd line or 15.
Even harder would be, must be punted by the QB, which would then the defense would never know - 1 pt punt or 2 pt throw.

Thoughts?
Opinions?

My opinion is it needn't be changed at all.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised they're considering it. They've got enough cases where they get a TD, commercial, extra point, commercial, kickoff, commercial, I'm surprised they're willing to give up the extra commercial break.

That's about all it adds to the game right now, the extra commercial break. It's a pretty damn pointless play.

Wouldn't mind seeing them do something like - you choose to kick or go for it. If you kick, ball is spotted at the 35; if you go for it, ball is spotted at the 2. It's not like there's ever any misdirection around faking the field goal on extra point tries.

But then, I'm not sure I really want to see more games decided by missed kicks, so maybe leaving it alone or making it an automatic 7 is better.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised they're considering it. They've got enough cases where they get a TD, commercial, extra point, commercial, kickoff, commercial, I'm surprised they're willing to give up the extra commercial break.

That's about all it adds to the game right now, the extra commercial break. It's a pretty damn pointless play.

Wouldn't mind seeing them do something like - you choose to kick or go for it. If you kick, ball is spotted at the 35; if you go for it, ball is spotted at the 2. It's not like there's ever any misdirection around faking the field goal on extra point tries.

But then, I'm not sure I really want to see more games decided by missed kicks, so maybe leaving it alone or making it an automatic 7 is better.

Good point with the commercials, especially during playoffs/SB.
I like your idea as well, 35th for 1 and 2nd for 2 although that would eliminate any faked kick for 2.

I just do not think automatic 7 is good for the game.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not worth getting your Pro Bowl TE's arm broken.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wouldnt be giving up a commercial break just making the current one longer....

move it back and narrow the posts