• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how many of you are into indy comics...but INVINCIBLE needs its own movie.

I remember that being a heck of a book in its early years.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw Captain america... It definitely had some Great moments... And the fight scenes were great... Spiderman and Black panther were both amazing adds... And i am impressed that they did not fuck up Black Panther after not taking the opportunity to introduce him in the last avengers movie...

Now to my complaint about the movie... Zemo was a crappy villain... there was no master plan, No end game... his entire plan was to end the avengers and have them fight...

The WHY for the civil war just seemed very iffy...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw Captain america... It definitely had some Great moments... And the fight scenes were great... Spiderman and Black panther were both amazing adds... And i am impressed that they did not fuck up Black Panther after not taking the opportunity to introduce him in the last avengers movie...

Now to my complaint about the movie... Zemo was a crappy villain... there was no master plan, No end game... his entire plan was to end the avengers and have them fight...

The WHY for the civil war just seemed very iffy...
Zemo didn't have an end game? He lost his father, wife and kid thanks to what happened in Sokovia. He wanted the Avengers to tear each other apart because he felt they were responsible. He thought he had accomplished that, so he had no other reason to live.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zemo didn't have an end game? He lost his father, wife and kid thanks to what happened in Sokovia. He wanted the Avengers to tear each other apart because he felt they were responsible. He thought he had accomplished that, so he had no other reason to live.
Yup. His motivation was simple and basic. I actually think that he COULD be considered the hero of the story if you just change the POV.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. His motivation was simple and basic. I actually think that he COULD be considered the hero of the story if you just change the POV.
Yep, and now that he is being held in prison, it will allow his vengeance to grow and make him even more frustrated with the Avengers. I hope we see him again, maybe in Black Panther since he is the one that kept Zemo from suicide.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to that a sick, twisted SOB.

Amazing how the big thing for writing heroes now is having the humans be whiny, ungrateful bastards.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he had an end game... I guess I was just expecting more... even with his plan, the WHY for the civil war was kind of weak... Really the Plot itself was weak, but the fight scenes were great...

And I really thought this version of spiderman(even though he was used very little) was the best version we have seen...

and again, I was impressed by them not fucking up Black panther...

Even the recruitments of Ant Man and Spiderman seemed forced, it was great watching them fight, but WHY did they help that particular side...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he had an end game... I guess I was just expecting more... even with his plan, the WHY for the civil war was kind of weak... Really the Plot itself was weak, but the fight scenes were great...

And I really thought this version of spiderman(even though he was used very little) was the best version we have seen...

and again, I was impressed by them not fucking up Black panther...

Even the recruitments of Ant Man and Spiderman seemed forced, it was great watching them fight, but WHY did they help that particular side...

I agree that the adding of super heroes on both sides did seem forced, but I'm not sure what could have been done differently to add them in. Maybe Scott felt guilty for what he done to Falcon in Antman that by joining the team, he was making an amends.

Do you remember what Scott Lang (Antman) said to Tony near the end of the movie when they were at the Raft prison? "Hank Pym always said you could never trust a Stark." I don't have a definite answer for why he joined Team Cap, but it's pretty obvious why he would never join Team Ironman.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the motivations were that bad...

Lang - he "knows" Falcon, and is having fun being a super hero. Also, he has a checkered past, and would not want to have to further register with the gov. He understands the negatives of "being on a list".

Hawkeye - He is very private and does not want his family pulled into anything. The registration requirement would mean his wife and kids would no longer be a secret. He would fight to the death for them.

Black Widow - she follows orders. Sticking with Stark is, in a way, NOT making a decision.

Parker - He is a kid, and Stark talked to him first. He wasn't on team-Stark for any philosophical reason. He was just a kid on his first day on the job.

Witch - she already spent a considerable time working for someone else's agenda. Never again.

Vision - The collective is more important than the individual. Individualism leads to chaos. Chaos = entropy.

Stark, Panther, Cap and Falcon, I think, are clear.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the motivations were that bad...

Lang - he "knows" Falcon, and is having fun being a super hero. Also, he has a checkered past, and would not want to have to further register with the gov. He understands the negatives of "being on a list".

Hawkeye - He is very private and does not want his family pulled into anything. The registration requirement would mean his wife and kids would no longer be a secret. He would fight to the death for them.

Black Widow - she follows orders. Sticking with Stark is, in a way, NOT making a decision.

Parker - He is a kid, and Stark talked to him first. He wasn't on team-Stark for any philosophical reason. He was just a kid on his first day on the job.

Witch - she already spent a considerable time working for someone else's agenda. Never again.

Vision - The collective is more important than the individual. Individualism leads to chaos. Chaos = entropy.

Stark, Panther, Cap and Falcon, I think, are clear.

I don't think stark is clear to why he was on that side... I guess the story pushed him to be, but he generally is a break the rules guy... WHile captain is the opposite... It was interesting seeing the reverse here...

And Hawkeye came out of retirement for this fight... While really the whole fight was not about the accords but to help out Bucky... To do "the right thing"...

It was just weird seeing how the discussions to prevent the civil war just failed so miserably, and for why??

And the final fight with Iron man vs Cap and bucky again, seemed like their was just something missing before an all out brawl...

Now, I know it was the fights we came to see... and they were done wonderfully, just wish the reason for fighting made more sense...

I would have probably rather have seen the 3 fight vs the OTHER winter soldiers...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another small gripe...

I really hate when they take major villains like the mandarin and like Zemo and make them feel very secondary...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another small gripe...

I really hate when they take major villains like the mandarin and like Zemo and make them feel very secondary...
Can't argue here. It would have been better, IMHO, to make the Zemo character a nobody. Unless they gave plans for him down the line.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think stark is clear to why he was on that side... I guess the story pushed him to be, but he generally is a break the rules guy... WHile captain is the opposite... It was interesting seeing the reverse here...

And Hawkeye came out of retirement for this fight... While really the whole fight was not about the accords but to help out Bucky... To do "the right thing"...

It was just weird seeing how the discussions to prevent the civil war just failed so miserably, and for why??

And the final fight with Iron man vs Cap and bucky again, seemed like their was just something missing before an all out brawl...

Now, I know it was the fights we came to see... and they were done wonderfully, just wish the reason for fighting made more sense...

I would have probably rather have seen the 3 fight vs the OTHER winter soldiers...
Starks decision made total sense. He was solely responsible for EVERYTHING that happened in Sokovia. HE created Ultron. Add in Scarlet Witches mind fuck on him and he is doubting himself now. He is gun-shy in making these kinds of decisions and would prefer dumping that responsibility on some government entity.

Cap's decision was two-fold...

1) He is supporting Bucky. He knows about the brainwashing, so even if Bucky did the deed, Cap wants to do what he can for him. Bucky is a super-soldier, just like Cap, and they grew up together. Bucky is home to Cap.

2) Cap is a conceited fuck. He is better than you and me. He knows better than us. No one should be able to make a big decision except him. It turns out that Cap IS a good person, so this attitude does not lead to the problems that it COULD lead to, but it is still scary. This is, IMHO, the reason why he is unable to lift the hammer.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks decision made total sense. He was solely responsible for EVERYTHING that happened in Sokovia. HE created Ultron. Add in Scarlet Witches mind fuck on him and he is doubting himself now. He is gun-shy in making these kinds of decisions and would prefer dumping that responsibility on some government entity.

1) He is supporting Bucky. He knows about the brainwashing, so even if Bucky did the deed, Cap wants to do what he can for him. Bucky is a super-soldier, just like Cap, and they grew up together. Bucky is home to Cap.

2) Cap is a conceited fuck. He is better than you and me. He knows better than us. No one should be able to make a big decision except him. It turns out that Cap IS a good person, so this attitude does not lead to the problems that it COULD lead to, but it is still scary. This is, IMHO, the reason why he is unable to lift the hammer.

3) He's in the right. It is a ridiculous to expect America to be allowed to annex people just because they have special abilities. That would be the biggest violations of civil liberties since the 1800s.

Not to mention putting all the people in danger simply because the powered people's identity's are now public. It's a ridiculous concept. Flat out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just tell me they had the line from the source material dropped into this movie.

It might be the best statement ever written for a comic book scene.

“You’re the perfect man. You live by ideals and standards that are… more than outdated. They’re impossible for anyone but you. And when you’re confronted by shades of gray, when people inevitably disappoint you because people are flawed, you do what you’ve always done when the going got tough. You dig in your heels and fight even harder. Never mind whether you can win. Sometimes I think you’d rather go out in a blaze of glory than face reality.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another small gripe...

I've read some rumors that IM4 may reintroduce the Mandarin character as the bad ass that we know he can be. Yeah, Zemo wasn't the strong baddie in Civil War, but since they didn't kill him, I think it leaves the door open for that still to take place, maybe in the Black Panther movie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to that a sick, twisted SOB.

Amazing how the big thing for writing heroes now is having the humans be whiny, ungrateful bastards.
If we lived in the world the Avengers occupy, we'd totally try to contain them. I have no doubt. Its a major issue with making 'realistic' supernatural media. The world wouldn't just sit by and let a couple of people have super soldier serum. We'd be stopping by Wallgreens and picking up our own super serum's and doing our jobs 10x better. We would have the Chinese copying all of Iron Man's tech and we'd all have his same tech a couple of years down the line. America would be the villains in Ant-man. We'd market the heck out of all of this and very quickly the supernatural world wouldn't look anything like our realistic world.

Comics are sci-fi/fantasy. When Marvel and others try to make them just everyday fiction then they will run into issues in a continual universe. Their way of countering that is by making humanity look ungrateful.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lived in the world the Avengers occupy, we'd totally try to contain them. I have no doubt. Its a major issue with making 'realistic' supernatural media. The world wouldn't just sit by and let a couple of people have super soldier serum. We'd be stopping by Wallgreens and picking up our own super serum's and doing our jobs 10x better. We would have the Chinese copying all of Iron Man's tech and we'd all have his same tech a couple of years down the line. America would be the villains in Ant-man. We'd market the heck out of all of this and very quickly the supernatural world wouldn't look anything like our realistic world.

Comics are sci-fi/fantasy. When Marvel and others try to make them just everyday fiction then they will run into issues in a continual universe. Their way of countering that is by making humanity look ungrateful.

WOW.

This. Was. Awesome.

Thanks for this.

I hadn't really thought of it this way.

It just makes me sad at how bad it makes humanity look.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.

This. Was. Awesome.

Thanks for this.

I hadn't really thought of it this way.

It just makes me sad at how bad it makes humanity look.

You said you watch limitless!! This reminds me of that TV show.