• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sneak peak for Captain America: Civil War:

This is a perfect representation of why Marvel is making compelling movies compared to what BvS failed to be. A group of characters we care about actually discussing their differences in philosophy prior to a battle, making that fight worth something. Can't wait for Civil War.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect representation of why Marvel is making compelling movies compared to what BvS failed to be. A group of characters we care about actually discussing their differences in philosophy prior to a battle, making that fight worth something. Can't wait for Civil War.
And Vision in a leisure suit.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO crossing Deadpool over with characters like Spiderman or the Xmen wouldn't necessarily have to be R-Rated. Why? Because they could tone down the gore, which is something that can be worked around without people noticing (violence =/= gore), and they could bleep Deadpool's F bombs, which could actually work in the film's favor when Deadpool realizes he's being censored and breaks the 4th wall.

I just think there are very creative ways to make Deadpool work in PG-13 that could actually benefit the tone of his character.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO crossing Deadpool over with characters like Spiderman or the Xmen wouldn't necessarily have to be R-Rated. Why? Because they could tone down the gore, which is something that can be worked around without people noticing (violence =/= gore), and they could bleep Deadpool's F bombs, which could actually work in the film's favor when Deadpool realizes he's being censored and breaks the 4th wall.

I just think there are very creative ways to make Deadpool work in PG-13 that could actually benefit the tone of his character.

I kinda like this. Very cool idea!

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw BvS and I have to say I really did enjoy it. Were critics right with lengthy slow times and add features to speed up story to accelerate Justice League? Yeah. But I don't think it was overly done. Affleck I think did a great job at Batman. And I'm not surprised as he does well with serious roles, imo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Ben Affleck
Adam West
Val Kilmer
George Clooney

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider Reboot.
aliciacs.jpg

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Ben Affleck
Adam West
Val Kilmer
George Clooney

Still, I'm not sure any of them were bad as batman rather than victims of bad scripts and/or horrible costume design (Bat Nipples? seriously?)

Just like I didn't think routh was a bad Superman, but Superman Returns script was just so awful that he wasn't going to get another shot.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i just watched the animated movie "War."

God damn is DC good at animated movies. Although this one is a bit like the Avengers.

Too bad DC comics is already screwing this up with some "rebirth" nonsense making these characters essentially moot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I'm not sure any of them were bad as batman rather than victims of bad scripts and/or horrible costume design (Bat Nipples? seriously?)

Just like I didn't think routh was a bad Superman, but Superman Returns script was just so awful that he wasn't going to get another shot.
The top 3 (Bale, Keaton and Affleck) were actually very good. West was good, given the purpose of the take. Kilmer and Clooney are good actors who MAY have been good, but only in the event that you give them the benefit of the doubt.

I guess we will need to add Mazouz to the list as well, but I am not ready to rank his portrayal.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 (Bale, Keaton and Affleck) were actually very good. West was good, given the purpose of the take. Kilmer and Clooney are good actors who MAY have been good, but only in the event that you give them the benefit of the doubt.

I guess we will need to add Mazouz to the list as well, but I am not ready to rank his portrayal.

Mazouz should never don the cape. Or at least it should be Smallville-esque.

Not to mention he's like 12. It should be like a decade before he puts it on.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think either Kilmer nor Clooney was bad, per se.

but i probably am giving the benefit of the doubt because the scripts were so awful.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to catch Civil War yesterday. Talk about a fun movie. I think it had the best fight scene that any of these CB movies have ever had. The bar for the Infinity War movies is going to be pretty damn high.

This was really what BvS should have been. You totally get where each side is coming from and there was way more than a little misunderstanding behind it all. I thought it was pretty easy to side with one group and then to turn and side with another group. By the end, it all makes complete sense and a fight had to happen.

Black Panther was cool and I'm interested in his solo movie, but holy shit Spiderman stole the show. Best Spiderman yet. Paul Rudd delivered as well. The villain could have been better, although the concept was fine. By the every end he felt a little more essential, but in all honesty, you probably could have done without him. Still, the actor did just fine and it didn't derail the movie and he certainly wasn't obnoxious or anything.

Definitely one of the better CB movies made and I can see why so many people are putting it in their top 3, with some saying it's the best.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see where Team Stark is coming from.

Talk about the destruction of personal freedom and liberties.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think much of it probably has to do with the end of the movie and the big revelation. I think anyone can relate to why Ironman is fighting at the end. While not the best action scene in the film, it had the most emotion and it meant more than any other CB movie fight scene I can recall at the moment. In that moment, I think it's easy for the viewer to want to see Ironman prevail, even if they've been team Cap. Not to mention, prior to the finale, Ironman's perspective seemed to be changing.

Besides all that, I don't think the accords were really taking civil liberties away. You basically have a team of powerful vigilantes that take action when they see fit. While controlling them obviously has some political motivation, it's not a hard sell when you consider the death and destruction they've caused. Their actions have directly led to the consequences of the film.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the ending to the movie isn't nearly as terrible as the one in the comic.

What a weak, horrible shit fest that was.